Your Favorite Breakfast

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I'm from Jersey so it's pretty much inherent that a Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese be #1 on the list. Would love to hear from @Rmfnlt on this topic....
That said, I am with @Loyal in that I am a sucker for a good Eggs Benedict, and enjoy it's varied versions. A local joint by me does it with house smoked salmon over toasted brioche, with legit hollandaise. That box crap you get at a Denny's or wherever is passable but nothing like the real thing.
And one other, when I lived down in Florida in the early 90's I couldnt get enough of the Waffle House Hash Browns, loaded with everything. When I made my way home to NJ, (driving solo) I had to stop at a WH in Virginia for my last slice of hash brown decadence since at the time it was the furthest north location. Many years later as WH expanded its region I went to one and its just wasnt the same....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I feel ya brother!

Ever since I got on this thread and posted mine six hours ago I feel like an addict that just needs a little bump.

Got everything except the biscuit stuff that the M-wife is going to get tomorrow morning before the games start. (Left-Coaster)

FYI.......if you are into crispy hash browns........dang air fryer does a job better than any place I have paid for them.

Screw it, there must be a store open this late. Call it an early start.

Tomorrow is our day guys.

GO RAMS!!!

Post up some pics!

Bob Evans sausage gravy is slightly brown. When I make it, I brown it too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I can't get enough of omelettes. Especially when they're bulging from all the bacon and sausage inside of them. It's really just a way to eat a stupid amount of pork contained by a thin egg wall and some cheese. Add some crisp hash browns, and I'm all set. Though, if I'm feeling particularly indulgent, I'll add some corned beef hash on the side.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Have several:

Breakfast Burrito - the California take on a Mexican sandwich. Plenty of places here in Sac. Bella Bru right down the street, El Forastero, and Brookfields.

Chilaquiles - There's a place in Newport Beach right on the beach. Maybe it was the Lighthouse Cafe? Excellent with a fried egg on top.

I'm not a B fan, but I'll take the G on a nice chicken fried steak. Maybe it's cause few places can make a really good biscuit. Best I've had was at Denver Biscuit Co.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I also like getting a bagel with lox.

My local Jewish Deli makes it so good. An everything well toasted bagel, tomato, red onion, cream cheese, capers... and some other shit i can't think of.... oh.... perfect lox... and whatever else I can't remember.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have several:

Breakfast Burrito - the California take on a Mexican sandwich. Plenty of places here in Sac. Bella Bru right down the street, El Forastero, and Brookfields.

Chilaquiles - There's a place in Newport Beach right on the beach. Maybe it was the Lighthouse Cafe? Excellent with a fried egg on top.

I'm not a B fan, but I'll take the G on a nice chicken fried steak. Maybe it's cause few places can make a really good biscuit. Best I've had was at Denver Biscuit Co.
I dont see someone wanting good Southern Sausage Gravy and putting it on a CFS. Lol we just use a country gravy 'round these here parts! Lol

For me, the biscuit is far less important. I'll take damn near any biscuit. The Gravy is the star. But big fluffy biscuits are the best.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I lived in Texas for about 8 9 years and that B&Sausaug Gravy is Big Time.

Country fried Steak, yeap my GF could cook that off the charts and she was only 20 at the time.

Nice Topic brings back Good Memories. A Blast from the Past lol.
I’m in biscuits and gravy country, too.

But my wife can’t make b and g for shit.

She does a good job on eggs over easy and bacon and sausage, toast

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I normally like waffles, egg and cheese crossaints, scrambled eggs, and hash browns.

After I moved to Texas breakfast tacos are king. Never thought I'd like salsa at 8 am but here I am.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This morning it was a sausage, ham, jalapeno, mushroom scramble topped with some cherry tomatoes a little cheese and a side of baby red potatoes. Twinings Irish Breakfast tea to go with it and the Premier League on tv.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’m in biscuits and gravy country, too.

But my wife can’t make b and g for shit.

She does a good job on eggs over easy and bacon and sausage, toast

Welp, I reckon it's time to find a new wife! Lmfao

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I like haggis and poached eggs on toast for breakfast. Needs brown sauce, none of this ketchup rubbish.

Eggs Benedict is also good.

Been reading this forum for a decade and still no clue what a biscuit and gravy is!

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Ive never had eggs Benedict but that shit looks great. I saw @RamFan503 mentioned a crab version earlier....damn. had my mouth watering thinking of it!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I've been doing lower carb breakfasts a lot lately. An omelette with lean ham, cheese and onions inside. More cheese on top. Covered with salsa. Pretty darn good. Can make it sausage instead of cheese sometimes. Bacon too.

But if I had to pick a favorite, it would be a huge breakfast burrito loaded with eggs, sausage, cheese, potatoes and salsa. Cannot beat that in my opinion.

Another favorite and another not so good for the diet. Fried eggs to where the yolks is oozing and white is not runny. Over medium. Toast, sausage patty, hash browns. Love to swirl the toast in the yolk. I don't do that one too often but I do sometimes when I want to remind myself of breakfast with my grandmother when I was a kid. She knew how to make those eggs just perfect the way I like.

fearsomefour

Legend
Well if we're choosing from anything, I'd have to say the King Crab Benedict at Stone House here in Reno. You can get gout just looking at it. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry to say. I have never had good biscuits and gravy.... Or is it that I've never had biscuits and gravy and thought, "Yeah... I'd order that again". Not a fan.

For simple stuff, give me Farmer John maple sausage links, a couple ranch eggs, an English muffin, and hot salsa and I can eat that every weekend. Oh wait... I pretty much do. Breakfast is the only thing I can get Becky to cook.
LOL.....
I’ve enjoyed the “gout cakes” there a few times myself.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ive never had eggs Benedict but that shit looks great. I saw @RamFan503 mentioned a crab version earlier....damn. had my mouth watering thinking of it!
There's another place locally that has a version called Chef Georges benedict. It has a chorizo patty instead of a ham slice and the hollandaise has a chipotle flavoring to it. It's so fucking good.

chef-george-s-benedict.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
There's another place locally that has a version called Chef Georges benedict. It has a chorizo patty instead of a ham slice and the hollandaise has a chipotle flavoring to it. It's so fucking good.

chef-george-s-benedict.jpg
Still haven't tried Peg's. We were going to go there when some friends came to town several months ago but there was an hour and fifteen wait when we got there.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still haven't tried Peg's. We were going to go there when some friends came to town several months ago but there was an hour and fifteen wait when we got there.
It can be that busy, that's how popular it is. Do love Stone House as well though. Either works if I'm too lazy to cook myself.