Yes, the Rams may be in the QB draft market (no tanking required)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We DO need a Franchise Left Tackle, but I'm figuring when you're up this high better grab your Quarterback of the future. I LOVE Stafford and he's a Ram legend forever, but let's face facts, at this point he's a banged-up injury case. That pick-6 in Dallas told me it's more or less over for Staff.
I think that when you're up high you need to grab elite talent. Are penix , nix, McCarthy elite talents or do they just play an elite position?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good point. We need our evaluators to hit.
I think that will be my wonder. I know I'm overly skittish about mid first round QBs (I mean mahomes and Watson went 10 and 12) , but in a QB needy era, I'm skeptical about the ones that fall (Mac Jones, Kenny Pickett).

I'd rather just take a for sure elite talent.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
and how did our 4th round qb pick work for McSneed. just sayin. not a lot of faith that they can pick the right one. go rams.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think that when you're up high you need to grab elite talent. Are penix , nix, McCarthy elite talents or do they just play an elite position?
That is up for debate and the rest of the season will hopefully give us a clearer picture. A lot of people like McCarthy, I lean Penix on that list with McCarthy second. Either one of them could likely be our QB of the future but, its all a crapshoot in the draft. Of note, Penix will be turning 24 a month after the draft, so he's an older prospect.

NYCRam

Rookie
and how did our 4th round qb pick work for McSneed. just sayin. not a lot of faith that they can pick the right one. go rams.
In Snead's defense he was tasked once with picking our Franchise Quarterback out of 2 guys high in the Draft and he got that right (Goff over Wentz)

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
We won a Super Bowl with Warner, we didnt draft him

We won a Super Bowl with Stafford, we didn't draft him

While Id love to get a Franchise QB in the draft; nothing is a given.

Oh yeah we also drafted Bradford.....

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
There will be several QBs taken high and in the first 5-10 picks. It’s too valuable a position and there are good ones available with teams needing one.

Which makes me more intrigued with zagging. All these QBs taken high will results in a premium non-QB player available to us - one that should not be. Get that guy instead. Don’t reach for a QB

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First 5 picks could be Williams, Maye, Fashanu, Alt & Harrison jr

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Memento and I are running the Quinn Ewers bandwagon. Tickets for sale just look at that glorious hair!

quinn-ewers_03.jpg

If McCarthy declares, he is a top 10 pick too IMHO. He'll be 21 in January and has great size, football acumen plus he can run to extend plays, but does not run because he cannot throw. Great leader, all the things you look for in an upper echelon signal caller.
I heard he's a Pat Haden clone.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
We’ve got too many holes in our roster. Giving up picks to move up for a QB while Stafford is still on our books makes little sense.
Unfortunately Stafford may a year or 2 left you need to think long term. This is our best chance to get a long term franchise QB we will never draft that good again at least in the near future. You CANNOT win unless you have a top 10 premiere QB history proves this. Sure there are a couple anomlies but overall you need a star at that position like Stafford was in 2021 look at the QBs late in the playoffs that year Mahomes, Burrows, Allen, Brady, Stafford only Jimmy G was not premiere.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
you could plug in Joe Alt at LT for a decade, guy a stud
But as witnessed by lousy QB play via Rypienwhat good is a great LT with an average to sub par QB.

We need a LT I get it but the odds of getting an elite QB do not come around very often.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I would much rather build around Stafford with BPA, every round, unless this FO believes the QB prospects this year are better than any coming out in the next few seasons.

Arch Manning will be available after the 25 season, no? That gives Stafford the rest of 23, 24 and 25.
Arch Manning has yet to take a snap for Texas. Next year will be his first year as a starter and I've got to think he'll need more than one season to declare for the draft.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Currently sitting at No. 1 is Arizona. They find themselves in a difficult position, having just paid Kyler Murray. Would they trade him (and would anyone want him with his contract?) and grab a Caleb Williams? Probably?
The question is, who would trade for Murray and that contract. That contract, oof. My guess is Murray is their QB next year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When it’s all said and done, three QBs go in the top 10. I believe both AZ and Chicago trade their picks.

Chicago may even trade both if they don’t have to move down to far. They have a lot of holes and a quick way to fill them is to stockpile some day 2 picks. They don’t currently have a 2nd round pick, but they may come out of this with 6 picks in the first three rounds
Still a crap shoot. Just because you have all this draft capital, doesn't mean the highly drafted players will pan out. I still remember all of those draft picks marching out for the coin toss during Fisher's time. What a disaster that was.