WTH? Gurley miffed by Goff's comment?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Todd can come across as kind of a dick sometimes, but that's just his personality. He probably doesn't mean anything by it. I really just think he doesn't like talking to the media anymore after having been exposed to COUNTLESS questions that only serve to annoy, or are just repetitive.

I often wonder how I’d handle the media if i was in these guys’ place. Probably be cool and fun at first, but then it would seem like a tedious chore I think. Yeah, I’d probably turn into a dick too. Yes, I know, I’m already there. Hurrrrr.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Todd can come across as kind of a dick sometimes, but that's just his personality. He probably doesn't mean anything by it. I really just think he doesn't like talking to the media anymore after having been exposed to COUNTLESS questions that only serve to annoy, or are just repetitive.

I often wonder how I’d handle the media if i was in these guys’ place. Probably be cool and fun at first, but then it would seem like a tedious chore I think. Yeah, I’d probably turn into a dick too. Yes, I know, I’m already there. Hurrrrr.
Bro, I'm guessing the honeymoon phase would be over with you and the media pretty quick.... Followed by the throat punching phase.....and I mean that in the most flattering way.

TexasRam

Legend
Two other thoughts about this for y'all that are dying to hear another opinion of mine...

1. Gurley is probably not in a good mood at most times. Have you ever had a nagging painful injury that wont go away? I have, arthritis in my back. I am generally a positive person but until I found a medication to lessen the pain, I was in a constant annoyed state. Now think of Gurley that has to go out and probably constantly imflame the knee every Sunday and a lot of practices.

2. Going from MVP level Superhero to less than average is not easy to take. No one likes being the scapegoat or reason for loss, and Gurley gets this a lot of weeks, as he is enduring pain for the fan.

So yea Gurley is not going to be in best spirits.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey Ram brothers , I feel kind of foolish starting the second thread at this time. I haven’t watched any of Todd’s inter actions with the press, just some of the things reprinted. I sincerely just want team cohesion, and I’m sure Sean is on top of this. Thanks everyone for giving me some additional perspective on our team. Todd has been running angry lately, and I hope he runs over the Boys big time on Sunday.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
tenor.gif

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I haven’t watched any of Todd’s inter actions with the press, just some of the things reprinted.
Yeah, no problem at all, Oregon. Frankly, if one were just to go by Thiry’s article, it’s totally understandable that a fan might think that TG’s “anger” might be a “problem.” But for those of us who took the time to watch TG’s interview, we see that Thiery spun it to be a “something” when it was really nothing at all.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Gurley is good.

it's all good.

We gonna stomp the Cowboys on Sunday.

Superstar!
super-star-5bd230.jpg

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I Pastored for 11 years, and over time I saw my share of passive aggressive behavior. I have been uneasy with Mr Gurley this season, not just because of his potential health issues, but what seems to be a growing anger/frustration over the way he has been used this year. But...he smiles and seems laid back, and then things start spilling out of his lips... and I get surprised at the underlying anger. The question is who is he blaming? Is it Jared? Coach? Dr? I just saw comments from Todd that the Cowboys are in better shape than the Rams because the Cowboys are going to the playoffs....what????? Don’t break my heart Todd, keep your head and channel that anger at the opposition DL. Any of the rest of you getting a little concerned?
Ok, I’ll bite.

FWIW— yeah, I think Gurley has an angry side to him. He’s a COMPETITOR.

The greatest athlete I’ve ever seen in my lifetime was Michael Jordan. Jordan had an anger that was legendary. Jordan HATED to lose at anything, no matter how unimportant. Supposedly he’d exaggerate all perceived slights, just to give him more fuel.

In Gurley, I see a guy who’s got a ton of pride. Throughout his life, he’s been put up on a pedestal as a supremely gifted athlete whose talent is awe inspiring. But in 2019, for the first time in his life, he’s been deluged with endless scrutiny that (a) his physical health is questionable and (b) he might not be “the guy he once was.”

So has Gurley’s pride been hurt this year? Yes, I think it has. Does Gurley sometimes get angry at the endless speculation about his knee and diminished production? Yes, sometimes you can tell he’s pissed about it.

But here’s the key question: has Gurley always been a good teammate? From everything I’ve seen so far from him as a Ram, the answer is a resounding yes.

Lastly: could Gurley be a little more “smooth” with his dealings with the press? Sure. But who gives a shit? Yeah, sometimes he gets a little frustrated with stupid repetitive questions, but so what? He’s a freaking football player, he’s not a public relations rep.

So yeah, I think Gurley’s got a lot of pride, and I think he’s got an angry streak too. IMHO those two traits makes him a better football player. And if he doesn’t always give the most polished answer to an interview question, it really doesn’t freaking matter.