WTH? Gurley miffed by Goff's comment?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Non-story. TG and JG are always showing each other love on social media. These LA "reporters" think they're working for TMZ. GTFOH. Did the same shit with the Lakers back in the day

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame

Thanks for posting this. Gurley talks about Goff’s comment at the 4:10 mark.

Thiry implies the “straight-faced” Gurley was somewhat serious in his reaction. That’s total BS. Gurley had an impish smile on his face and broke out into a big grin after he spoke. Gurley was OBVIOUSLY joking. For Thiry to even hint that Gurley was a little pissed off at his QB is just flat out horseshit.

Here’s my take on Thiry’s subtext in her first paragraph. As I say, she’s just a shit-stirrer. She may as well have said:

HEADLINE: “Sensitive Gurley can’t even take a compliment from his QB”
THOUSAND OAKS— Last week, Gurley threw his head coach under the bus and refused to defend him. This week, Gurley couldn’t even take a compliment without getting pissy. “So my QB says I suck?” Gurley said, a serious expression on his face. “Whatever, man. Whatever.”

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Need a better writer. Doesn’t even need to be a girl. Just get someone who gets the Rams organization a 110%...

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I Pastored for 11 years, and over time I saw my share of passive aggressive behavior. I have been uneasy with Mr Gurley this season, not just because of his potential health issues, but what seems to be a growing anger/frustration over the way he has been used this year. But...he smiles and seems laid back, and then things start spilling out of his lips... and I get surprised at the underlying anger. The question is who is he blaming? Is it Jared? Coach? Dr? I just saw comments from Todd that the Cowboys are in better shape than the Rams because the Cowboys are going to the playoffs....what????? Don’t break my heart Todd, keep your head and channel that anger at the opposition DL. Any of the rest of you getting a little concerned?

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
No. I'd rather him speak the way he wants or feels rather than giving the normal tripe from athletes.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
The Cowboys are in better shape than us right now. They are going to the playoffs right now. They are the leaders in their division.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is publicly calling out Goff over his remark about his stiff arm. Sounded like Goff was paying him a compliment and Todd sure didn’t take it that way. This team has been remarkably tight publicly since Sean took the reigns. I’m sure they have their share of behind the scenes stuff, but it has always been behind the scenes. Until now

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Gurley seems to be pissed at the media, not at the coaches and teammates imo.

But what happens often is these guys get too many people in their ear. If you hear enough negatives from peers it can start to rub off a little. Maybe that’s part of it with Todd.

No matter what anyone says, he is not the same player he was early last year. If he’s pissy about that then he shouldn’t take it out on other people.

…..

Legend
Not the best
I Pastored for 11 years, and over time I saw my share of passive aggressive behavior. I have been uneasy with Mr Gurley this season, not just because of his potential health issues, but what seems to be a growing anger/frustration over the way he has been used this year. But...he smiles and seems laid back, and then things start spilling out of his lips... and I get surprised at the underlying anger. The question is who is he blaming? Is it Jared? Coach? Dr? I just saw comments from Todd that the Cowboys are in better shape than the Rams because the Cowboys are going to the playoffs....what????? Don’t break my heart Todd, keep your head and channel that anger at the opposition DL. Any of the rest of you getting a little concerned?
not the best place to openly discuss concern for Todd. There’s too much blind homerism here. These guys seem normal, then all the sudden they get irate and start slinging mud if you suggest the punter might have had an off game.

I’m just the messenger. Good luck.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s ok, mud doesn’t hurt too bad. Besides, anyone who thinks I’m not talking about football doesn’t understand sports. I played some college basketball, and my cousins son is the Seahawks QB coach. We do not live in a kind society, so everyone is a critic. I come here to talk with Ram brothers even if it isn’t breaking down plays. I have a genuine concern over Todd’s head space right now. If that makes him play good and angry, great, hope it stays focused there.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
He should be angry. I hope he stays angry. He has fumbled more, dropped passes more and missed holes that were right in front of him this year. Yes things are probably getting to him. If he looks like he has the last game I couldn't care less how he feels. Unless his feelings motivate him to show everybody he aint done yet.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I guess Lindsay Thierry accomplished her objective of shit stirring a comment that sounds like Todd being Todd... nothing more.

But good for clicks. That’s your media these days.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I doubt Gurley would have hard feelings for Goff's comments on the stiff arm. They've always been good as teammates, at least it seemed that way.

Seems to me Todd just hates being at the podium and getting dumb questions. And I think the LA media is simply dumber than most when it comes to football so their questions are even worse than normal.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Well, I’m not a pastor and I respect your opinion, but I don’t share it.

I am in sales and my livelihood depends on reading people.

I am not troubled by the Cowboys remark; Dallas is the 4th seed and a division leader. Gurley is correct.

Nor am I concerned about Gurley’s comments re:Goff. Looked like joking sarcasm to me.

He said nothing out of line and there was no obvious malice. He does seem exasperated by some of the questions.

But I must be a blind homer, because a poster said so.

…..

Legend
That’s ok, mud doesn’t hurt too bad. Besides, anyone who thinks I’m not talking about football doesn’t understand sports. I played some college basketball, and my cousins son is the Seahawks QB coach. We do not live in a kind society, so everyone is a critic. I come here to talk with Ram brothers even if it isn’t breaking down plays. I have a genuine concern over Todd’s head space right now. If that makes him play good and angry, great, hope it stays focused there.
I think this year in particular, Todd’s body language and answers during press events suggest to me that he absolutely hates that part of the job. For whatever reason that may be.

Aside from that, he’s always been lower key, humble, almost impossible to stir or agitate. So for a guy like that, it’s easy to slink back into a darker place to shield himself from unwanted attention.

I doubt very seriously there’s any team mate issue here. Could be there is displeasure towards diminished roles but that would be directed at the coach. My distant impression is that the Rams have an above average healthy locker room.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I thought we settled this the other thread ?

You know the other about Gurley and his supposed passive aggressive behavior

* I am not a pastor