WTH? Gurley miffed by Goff's comment?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

…..

Legend
But I must be a blind homer, because a poster said so.

Really? Then you must be. Otherwise you would move on without stirring.

So to the OP- if there’s no blind homerism protecting all things Gurley, ( or whoever the flavor of the moment might be) then you can always depend on 1 to take things personal.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I am a card carrying ordained minister. So you can trust my perspective.

Gurley has no future as a radio or tv personality after football. He does NOT like these press conferences and wishes he didn't have to do them. You are not going to get a good perspective of someone who really doesn't want to be there.

My money is he and Goff have a friendly game of smack going on. They are well behaved people.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Really? Then you must be. Otherwise you would move on without stirring.

So to the OP- if there’s no blind homerism protecting all things Gurley, ( or whoever the flavor of the moment might be) then you can always depend on 1 to take things personal.

Who’s doing the trolling here, cowboy?

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
There’s too much blind homerism here. These guys seem normal, then all the sudden they get irate and start slinging mud if you suggest the punter might have had an off game.

TexasRam

Legend
i think every time someone asks how the knee is Gurley hears..

“Why are you playing so poorly bringing the whole team down”.

I think Gurley is being classy not throwing the coaching staff under the bus for fielding a Oline that couldn’t run block to start the season.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I Pastored for 11 years, and over time I saw my share of passive aggressive behavior. I have been uneasy with Mr Gurley this season, not just because of his potential health issues, but what seems to be a growing anger/frustration over the way he has been used this year. But...he smiles and seems laid back, and then things start spilling out of his lips... and I get surprised at the underlying anger. The question is who is he blaming? Is it Jared? Coach? Dr? I just saw comments from Todd that the Cowboys are in better shape than the Rams because the Cowboys are going to the playoffs....what????? Don’t break my heart Todd, keep your head and channel that anger at the opposition DL. Any of the rest of you getting a little concerned?

Did someone say Al Pastor?!!
11 years? I’ve loved tacos my whole life

C67A2B8E-9901-4F7D-8ED4-4C965273E3F8.jpeg

Oops wrong thread

…..

Legend
I can help you out. The thread topic is located on the threads 1st page. It appears at the top of the page in bold font.

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
I think Todd has gotten a lot of criticism in the last 12 months and it hurts. Some of that criticism hurts and some of it wasn't deserved. Part of the problem has been that he took a lot of hits last year and was banged up as the season wore on. Another problem is that the blocking he got wasn't good. The last part is that coaches didn't call plays for him.

Gurley misconstrued Goff's "vintage" comment. He's touchy.

We will see if the raw feelings can be repaired, but the Rams relationship with Gurley has been damaged.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Gurley hates press conferences. Basically most players and coaches hate the press conferences but they do them because they are required to. Some are better at hiding their dislike. Gurley isn’t one of them. Nothing to see here.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My best read on the situation is that Gurley is fed up with the media. It's easy to understand after they spent all off-season hounding him about his knee.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I think Gurley is being classy not throwing the coaching staff under the bus for fielding a Oline that couldn’t run block to start the season.

Yeah... Earlier when grilled about either not playing or not running much... He said... ' it is aTEAM sport... `
Sort of throwing shade at coaching decisions...

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
My money is he and Goff have a friendly game of smack going on. They are well behaved people.

That's my impression as well. Not sure why people have to stir things with speculative drama. Maybe that's what TG has little patience for? I understand people in certain occupations need to generate clicks, but the rest of us can relax until something real shows up.

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO Gurley is just a moody person. I'm not saying that in a critical way, simply that he's one of those people who can have the highest highs and the lowest lows. Sometimes that is necessary in top performing athletes, it's part of what drives them to excel.

IMO Gurley is feeling pressure to "carry" the team with all the media BS about "whats wrong with Gurley?" How did he look after this TD and when he walked back to his teammates? He looked just fine.

The team as a whole is under a lot of pressure. They know that they have to win out and even then they need help from the Chargers or Packers. BTW the Chargers play the Vikes Sunday so we are all Charger fans this week right? Chargers are a Jekyll and Hyde team, great one moment, garbage the next.

I'm not worried about Gurley's mood as much as his physical health. The team is locked in to him through 2022. I think people are reading too much into things. Believe me I've lived with moody people, sometimes it's just their norm and facing the reality that he can no longer play as wantonly as he has always done, is a huge adjustment mentally that he is dealing with. The support of his teammates is what he will need and this team looks to be very tight. It's got a very strong positive culture.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Todd is a competitor and just wants to win or die tryin’.

I like pissed off. The whole team should be pissed off and ready to play the ‘boys. It’s smash mouth football time. GO RAMS!