WTH? Gurley miffed by Goff's comment?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
This is kinda a shocker. I thought Jared and Todd were tight as team mates? Then TG's comments about McVay's "Idiot" comment. I'm not sure what to make of this but man, I sure hope this isn't some "Me" not "We" BS.

Rams' Todd Gurley stiff-arms QB Jared Goff's compliment
6:29 PM PT
  • i

Lindsey ThiryESPN

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Last week, Los Angeles Rams running back Todd Gurley let his head coach shoulder the blame. This week, it's his quarterback who intended to deliver a compliment, but perhaps didn't find the right words.
"Sounds like I suck and then I made a good play," Gurley said straight-faced, with a shrug. "So, yeah, I guess so."
Gurley was referring to a touchdown run in Sunday's 28-12 victory over the Seattle Seahawks, during which he tangled with cornerback Tre Flowers and threw a stiff-arm that caught the attention of quarterback Jared Goff.
So much so that Goff lit up when asked about it afterward. "He's a bad dude," Goff said. "It was vintage Todd."
"Not my first time stiff-arming nobody," Todd Gurley said of this move on Seattle's Tre Flowers on Sunday. Meg Oliphant/Getty Images
Vintage? Gurley didn't think so ... and made it known Thursday.
Against the Seahawks, Gurley rushed for 79 yards and a touchdown on 23 carries and caught four passes for 34 yards. And that stiff-arm? Nothing special. "Not my first time stiff-arming nobody," Gurley said. "Just a regular stiff-arm."
The Rams are 8-5 and chasing the Minnesota Vikings for the NFC's final wild-card berth. On Sunday, they play the NFC East-leading Dallas Cowboys (6-7) at AT&T Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Gurley has played an increased role in the offense recently, and indications point to the trend continuing Sunday.
"The approach for us is that Todd is a big-time player," Rams coach Sean McVay said. "He's shown that he's feeling good and when he's doing those kind of things -- whether it be through the pass game, through the run game -- good things seem to happen for the Rams."
After he averaged 14.9 touches per game through the first 10 weeks, Gurley has seen an average of 21 over the past four games.
When asked Thursday how he felt at this point of the season compared to last season, Gurley responded, "It's Week 15 in the league, ain't nobody feeling rested. It's Week 15, no one in this league is feeling well rested."
Gurley had a season-best 28 touches in a Week 11 victory over the Chicago Bears. In a Week 13 blowout of the Arizona Cardinals, he had 20 touches, and when the Rams defeated the Seahawks on Sunday, he had 27.
McVay recently shouldered the blame for not giving Gurley more opportunity early in the season.
"Me not being an idiot," McVay said last week when asked what caused him to get the ball to Gurley more.
Gurley offered no alternative to McVay's explanation.
"He said it, I didn't," Gurley said, chuckling. "That's all I got to say. I don't have anything else to say."
The Rams' offense has appeared to benefit from Gurley's increased production, as Goff broke a monthlong touchdown drought to pass for four scores in the past two games.
Gurley was asked Thursday if the offense and other teammates benefitted when he was in rhythm.

"I feel like we all feed off of each other. I don't really have to explain too much, you see the results over the last couple of years," said Gurley, who rushed for more than 1,200 yards in each of the past two seasons as the Rams won back-to-back division titles and last season advanced to Super Bowl LIII. "When we're running the ball, stuff is going well, stuff is opening up -- so it's like, it's not too much really to explain, just got to go out there and do it, whether it's in the passing game or the running game."
Gurley has rushed for 721 yards and nine touchdowns on 177 carries in 12 games this season. He also has caught 26 passes for 168 yards and a touchdown.

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
My first instinct is to think the problem is with Thiry, not anyone else.

Thiry has already proven to me that she’s incompetent. She routinely gets important facts wrong. She’s got no sense of the team. Recently she wrote that McVay’s “seat could get warm next year” if the offense didn’t improve. (wtf?!?) And now she writes this piece of crap.

Yup, Thiry is not only a bad reporter, now we see she’s a shit-stirrer in a transparent attempt to get clicks. No wonder Gurley hates answering her questions, she’s trying to cause trouble.

Thiry’s headline is unprofessional and irresponsible. Goff is just trying to give props to his RB, and Thiry is twisting Gurley’s words to make it seem like a big deal. Damn, I wish Thiry had left instead of Vinny.

Last edited:

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hope you guys are right.....

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's gotta be said, she's a Fucking click bait bitch. Typical ESPN trash reporter. And typical reporter, trying to stir up shit when nothing's there.

Edit - after reading it again it looks like Gurley is taking a shot at all the media types who said he's finished.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Edit - after reading it again it looks like Gurley is taking a shot at all the media types who said he's finished.

Exactly. My take was that Gurley was pissed at Thiry (she was the one who kept asking questions about his arthritis to the point where he was giving her the “look”). So Gurley gets pissed at Thiry, then Thiry twists his words to try to make it so Gurley’s *actually* pissed at Goff.

Thanks, Lindsey!

My take is that Gurley’s got a ton of pride, and his reduced role (as well as all the speculation about his knee) has taken a toll on him. Could he handle some of his interviews better? Yeah, maybe. But Thiry makes it way harder than it needs to be when she goes out of her way to stir up shit like this. Guaranteed, Gurley is gonna be pissed off when he sees how Thiry presented this story.

Last edited:

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

It's gotta be said, she's a Fucking click bait bitch. Typical ESPN trash reporter. And typical reporter, trying to stir up shit when nothing's there.

This all the way.

Plus Thiry and Klein ask the most stupid questions sometimes.
Klein: "If you were a donut which kind would you be?" Really bro?

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
Todd Gurley has been with the Rams for many years now. Everybody should understand Todd's dry sense of humor at this point.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My first instinct is to think the problem is with Thiry, not anyone else.

Thiry has already proven to me that she’s incompetent. She routinely gets important facts wrong. She’s got no sense of the team. Recently she wrote that McVay’s “seat could get warm next year” if the offense didn’t improve. (wtf?!?) And now she writes this piece of crap.

Yup, Thiry is not only a bad reporter, now we see she’s a shit-stirrer in a transparent attempt to get clicks. No wonder Gurley hates answering her questions, she’s trying to cause trouble.

Thiry’s headline is unprofessional and irresponsible. Goff is just trying to give props to his RB, and Thiry is twisting Gurley’s words to make it seem like a big deal. Damn, I wish Thiry had left instead of Vinny.

Exactly WTF !!!! Total tmz make believe.

what freaking CRAP !!! Horrible piece.

All about nothing. Gurley is cool how he is handling it. Busting on coach a little & yeah he is a Beast & nothing new. Collinsworth said there are many of players who have felt his stiff arm.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe I just have a different look at things I read this as everybody having fun. I don’t think she is stirring the pot and I don’t think TG is mad at anybody. A bunch of the usual overreaction.

fearsomefour

Legend
A non story.
As usual a lame media trying to create drama.
This whore (meant with love and respect) should be reporting on red carpet outfits and the drama surrounding the Real Wife’s of East Bakersfield.
Frankly, who cares anyway?
Todd never says anything in interviews. He obviously doesn’t like the interviews and does the minimum he is required to. Can’t blame him. Even if someone’s little feathers were ruffled everyone has been a pro. He will show up and run plays and run and block hard like he always has.
The media are always just dying to create some horseshit and throw a wet blanket on things.
You have 60 or so guys.....different ages, different back grounds, every type of personality, different world views, vastly different pay checks, different everything.....does anyone really believe everyone is besties? A backup CB may go all year with saying a couple of words to a starting OL for example. Others will be buddies.
Issues stay in the locker room. Every good team has this. So far, this has been the SOP for McVay and Co.
This article means nothing.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Thiry is shit.

Thiry is shit.

Exactly WTF !!!! Total tmz make believe.

Yeah but TMZ does break some good shit every now and then!!!