Would you guys draft Orlando Brown at #23?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You should know me well enough to know that I am not just all about measurables, in fact, I liked, or wanted every single person you mentioned earlier. When I evaluate a player, I take everything, I can see, or know, into account. Metrics is just one thing, but there are a lot of metrics to consider, which I do. Game tape has to be the most important thing, but you also have to try to project players, and that is where I see a problem.

He is too slow, too stiff, stands straight up, and on passing downs, he really struggled with speed. I like Jared Goff too much to allow Brown to block for him. I see some technique issues that can be cleaned up, but you can't teach speed, or quickness. He will never posses those things.

We will see on this one

Doc, I know you, and I respect you, but I see the quickness in Brown's game. And I think the speed will be there once he works on some of his flaws.

jap

Legend
Brown's combine issues may be as simple as over training for the event. Didn't he play at 360 pounds in college? Didn't he weigh in at 345/346 at the combine? How many times have we seen players effectively gas themselves by over training for the biggest NFL showcase of collegiate potential athletic talent? If he is carrying too much weight in the wrong places, that would only aggravate any results due to over training.

That's why I prefer to wait for experienced eyes like our own Aaron Kromer to weigh in on what he sees in Brown.

I also would greatly prefer to see the NFL revise the drills at the combine to address NFL-specific tests---not irrelevant track & field tests.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yes. That's where you'll get the best value. It's an inefficiency in the market that can be exploited. When we're talking about 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks, you're taking very little risk.

Go get the guys who are too small, too slow, too whatever else who have great film. You'll miss on some, but many of the guys who are steals on Day 3 are those overachievers. Desmond King is a perfect example of that approach.

Yes, really. Hell, there were people who told me last year that Cooper Kupp wouldn't be able to separate from the NFL CBs in man coverage.

People are saying that Brown won't be able stop speed rushers. I guess we shall see.

Not that I like his playstyle, but Vontaze Burfict was supposed to be undraftable with a 5.0 40 as a linebacker and made at least one Pro Bowl and played at a high level for Cincy.

Sometimes you just need players. Not every star and/or JAG is a SPARQ superhero.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Eh, it doesn't really matter. We're taking Landry in the 1st and Tim Settle (if he drops) or BJ Hill in the 3rd.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His numbers have really improved at Oklahoma's Pro Day, only two weeks after the combine. Maybe he was sick.

Maybe. Although nothing came out of his side that claimed that, which I think it would have.

More likely he has spent the past two weeks actually training hard, after being lackadaisical before the combine. Would he continue making an effort after being drafted?