With the 147th pick in the draft the Rams select Micah Kiser ILB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Rams selected Virginia ILB Micah Kiser with the No. 147 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.
Kiser (6’0/238) was a three-year starter for the Cavs, graduating fifth in school history in tackles (411) and tallying 32.5 tackles for loss with 19 sacks and eight forced fumbles. PFF College noted Kiser was an especially efficient pass-rushing inside linebacker with 78 career QB pressures. Kiser earned first-team All-ACC three times and tested as a well-above-par 68th-percentile athlete in Indy, running 4.66. Kiser struggled in pass coverage and got overpowered at times on tape, but he will help on special teams at worst and can’t be counted out as a potential low-end starter down the line. Apr 28 - 2:20

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He's still only a two down linebacker at his absolute best (and I personally think he's less than that). And we likely passed up Holland, Okoronkwo, and Ejiofor to select him.

This aged well...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This aged well...

LAWL. If I knew that Obo would've gone to us at that pick, I'd have said otherwise.

Anyway, I'll try to get behind the pick. Might as well; he's a Ram now.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
He's still only a two down linebacker at his absolute best (and I personally think he's less than that). And we likely passed up Holland, Okoronkwo, and Ejiofor to select him.

Curious... have you seen Kiser in a Rams NFL System?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Love the pick, I know many are critical of his pass coverage skills but the talent we have at D-line and secondary will allow him to work to his strengths at run defense. Would be concerned with picking him if we don't have the pass defense, and Wade will make sure he doesn't get into those tough situations.

TexasRam

Legend
Another Role player for The Rams.

Some teams will lineup and try to beat us with the run game. This guy has a role in those types of games, some teams also have a weak interior and rushing an inside LB that can get there becomes the game plan.

I like the pick and value. Role fills a need

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
He stops the run and can tackle, something that proved costly for us last season. Love this pick .

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I'm in the minority here, but this my least favorite pick. A lot people are touting his two down ability, but IMO he is way overrated as run defender. He makes alot of tackles, but he struggles to get off blocks. IMO where his value really lies is leadership and the ability to be the defensive signal caller. Cant discount those things, but I'm not impressed by his tape.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
He's not going to take over Barron's spot

Of course he's not. Duh! If he's on the field with Barron, he will be the Strong side LB and will be required to take on any blockers before they get to the WLB (Barron). In coverage, Barron and the SS will have coverage responsibilities. And you didn't realize he had 12.5 sacks the last 2 seasons? He led the ACC in tackles the last 3 seasons. Only Luke Keuchly has more tackles then Kiser. You're entilitled to your adverse opinion of the Rams selecting Kiser, but it is baffling.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where the Rams got him, he's a bargain. And he seems to be the sort of player that prospers as an ILB under Wade. I expect him to be highly productive for the Rams until he gets expensive, then they'll get a draft pick for him and have a replacement ready.