Why Do the 49ers Own Us Right Now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I thought Kroenke owned the Rams.
Awkward Saturday Night Live GIF by Global TV

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Lol, I hope that was never a factor. I've been a Goff supporter over the years but I have always held that against him since I first heard he grew up a fan of them.

The Whiners have been a pain for a few years but nothing that can't be fixed. The main issue has been in the trenches though. Hopefully we have a more threatening offense in 2021 than we have had the last couple. Looking forward to a steady rotation of AD, BB3, A'Shawn, Gaines, etc this year with hopefully healthy ILB'ers for a change. We've got the #1 pass defense we just need to up our front 7 game a little.

LOL

I don't think his love of the whiners had anything to do with it. His play was what resulted in our Rams losing though.

At times... it seemed like that screaming DC of theirs actually got into Goff's head. Just by his screaming from the sidelines. Goff went brain dead for some reason when we played them.

His poor play is what caused the L's recently. Something got to Goff... and that disgusting team from the Bay area prayed on him. They've had his number.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because they're a physical football team that likes to muck up the game while we're a finesse team that likes to high fly. So when they started to muck up the game and the trenches we didn't have the ability to hit back. They're not even beating us by a lot. It's just that the game is a grudge match and they're a little more comfortable than we are at playing that way. I think Stafford will help that in the sense that he makes quick decisions and has roll out ability but I still think the Niners defense will cause us quite a bit of issue. Hopefully them losing their defense coordinator gives us a bump.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Goff will get his bell rung in Detriot and be out of the league in two years.

Detroit lost the class of their WR corp, but are building a good offensive line. Goff may not have a great season, but Holmes can still build an offense around him given time. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yup. Game 2 last year, (Even with a tragically awful performance by Goff) the Rams had a 3 point lead in the 4th Q and couldnt stop Nick Friggin Mullens, from tying the game, then driving for the game winning FG. In 1st game (2020) Goff was shredding the 9ers in the 2nd half and down 8, 9ers converted 2 1st downs and ate the last 3:30 of clock thus not giving the Rams a chance to tie. 2019- game 2, Goff shredded the 9ers for 323 yards and 2 TD but the D couldnt stop Garopolo from converting 2 3rd and 16's and thus they pulled out the dub.
But yeah, it was all Goff's fault.....
IMO Goff was just one of many different reasons, different roster areas that did not perform up to expectations. It's never going to be accurate to lay all the blame on one dude when it comes to a team game like Football that's for sure.

I think McVay got his ass handed to him by that staff as part of that whole equation too. But I don't think that is the primary issue. Primary issue has been the trenches with the 9ers. It's been both sides of the ball and if there's one thing I can't stand it's getting bullied by the 9ers on both sides of the ball.

What sort of pisses me off irt facing off just against the 9ers... The lack of OL priority. It's going to be really irritating if we enter that first game with the 9ers with the early division lead on the line and lose again. Just looking at overall rosters I think we're going to be ok, as in we'll win at least one of those two matchups this year. But not gonna lie I'm concerned about the OL in particular.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
In Goff's 7 game career against the 49ers (non Fisher year), he had a 94+ passer rating and a 13 TD to only 4 INT ratio. Pretty decent numbers actually

Yeah but then you look closely and realize all 4 of those INTs came against the most recent matchups against them. 2 TDs, 3 INTs, and a lost fumble in 2020 alone. Throw in another pick and lost fumble in 2019. 4-4 TD/INT, 2 lost fumbles. That's no bueno.

WTF happened from 2018 to 2019? He whopped the shitter ass, flawless 6-0 TD / INT in 2018.

The regression was real.

nighttrain

Legend
Yeah but then you look closely and realize all 4 of those INTs came against the most recent matchups against them. 2 TDs, 3 INTs, and a lost fumble in 2020 alone. Throw in another pick and lost fumble in 2019. 4-4 TD/INT, 2 lost fumbles. That's no bueno.

WTF happened from 2018 to 2019? He whopped the shitter ass, flawless 6-0 TD / INT in 2018.

The regression was real.
regression=Sullivan gone and Blythe installed at center
train

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If Blythe plays in KC he'll do the same shit he did with us. He'll look fine until a power DL is put across from him then it'll be Chernobyl.

Anybody that wants to say that about the Green Bay is Full if IT!!!

You show all your photos,that’s all good & can believe what you want & that’s fine.

I’ll tell you this though,if Austin Blythe starts over Creed Humphries
you won’t here the end of it.

This was before draft,but then again I believe you & others were talking about signing the Old KC Center before Blythe signed there. Stating how bad Blythe was & how much better the KC Centers were.
LOL -
https://www.chiefs.com/news/five-things-to-know-about-new-chiefs-center-austin-blythe

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
my 2 cents says Blythe rides the pine in KC, but big differences in QB's, Mahomes mobile whereas Goff is pure pocket passer.
train

Oh , now it’s about The QB’s there’s no EXCUSE!! Truth is it’s cool if Creed becomes the next Great All Pro Center.Then it gives all the NAY SAYERS I told you so. My thing is I don’t believe Austin Blythe was that bad of a Center.He is actually a 7th Rd Tweener G/C. He was a PERFECT swing backup.

I HATE RAM FANS that don’t appreciate the work a player does
and doesn’t view things at a level base.

What do I know.I watch games a view them like the next Fan.Just I see things differently.The Truth is the Truth. Right now I think Austin Blythe will be great for Creed as a Mentor.He was for Brian Allen.
I’d rather Creed than Brian Allen with Austin Blythe as a Ram.I never liked the Draft Pick of Brian Allen,but loved the Noteboom choice.
—Will see what happens.I just think blame Austin Blythe as a Ram who got paid a Basic Wage is silly.He earned his keep & helped The Rams to a SuperBowl. That will be FOREVER.

Let’s talk Jamin Brown & Greg Robinson please. Peds & Drugs!!
High draft picks,not a Street Free Agent!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If Blythe plays in KC he'll do the same shit he did with us. He'll look fine until a power DL is put across from him then it'll be Chernobyl.

Austin Blythe The Center of a Back to Back SuperBowl team & took The Rams to the SuperBowl.

You can say what you want about him,that’s fair.I will say he I didn’t want him to start in 2019.I thought The Rams need to sign a Free Agent guard with size & keep John Sullivan.Austin Blythe would have been the Perfect swing G/C.

Brian Allen should not have been drafted by The Rams.They need to replace Roger Saffold.Brian Allen was what messed up the position itself. McSnead should have seen it the season before. In fact Austin Blythe should not have been The starting Guard in 2018 either,he totally overachieved.

Who will be The Rams starting Center in 2021 ? Brian Allen. I actually hope he is.I don’t mind being wrong or eating a little CROW.Then again I believe he will be & didn’t play as bad as most thought. Starting without any EXPERIENCE next to Joe Noteboom(no experience) & a undersized RG in Austin Blythe is Crazy & doesn’t give a player much of a chance for success. Talk about getting blown away!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
regression=Sullivan gone and Blythe installed at center
train

Not true - You mean The Rams Starting 2021 Center Brian Allen!!

—not Train

Oh BTW. A 22 5th rd draft pick who NEVER played GUARD in all of his FOOTBALL CAREER was the starting RG when Austin Blythe had to switch over. The Rams had THE NINERS BEAT!!

LES SNEAD still TALKS ABOUT the disappointment.Higbee at the End of the 3rd qrt misses a WIDE OPEN catch,maybe a little bit behind,but that was Goff.Add The Goff INT where Austin Blythe picks up the Delayed BLITZ BEAuTIFULLy & had a TD if he trusted him deep at the End of the 1st Half.
Wade play calling & had Gaines & Smart in with SF backed up. Greg the Legs missed FG. RAMsey & Rapp playing at the line & both running for a wide open TE on 3rd 18.

Yeah — OKAY thanks Austin Blythe for Playing HURT & almost getting The Rams to The Playoffs with a 22 year RT (Evans)& a New RG in Corbett who was picked up mid season to replace you.

I just Love All The Austin Blythe HATERS who BLAME. BTW he was blocking for an ALL PRO QB.

Todd Gurley & the seasons he had ?
Cam Akers in the 2020 Playoffs?

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The regression was real.
So the last 3 games are the most important ones because those were the only 3 games he threw an INT against? Well, they also had the lead in the 4th Q in 2 of the 3 games and the defense couldnt hold it. But it was Goff's "regression"??? Hmmm.....

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Matchups. Some teams match up better than others. We do well against the seahags. They do well against the whiners. Whiners do well against us. Maybe this year we will match up better.

What really frustrated me in the first game was everyone knew Shanahan was gonna protect Jimmy GQ from himself. Safer plays designed to limit mistakes and not expose him. IIRC, he was just coming off an injury. And the Rams defense never adjusted. Seemed like there were a lot of short passes. Quick out passes. WR screens. And we couldn't defend that.

Several times I just knew it would be a short pass to the sideline and they made nice plays out of them. If I knew, the defense shoulda definitely knew and been prepared.

The second game it was their defense that dominated our offense. Actually they dominated our offense both games. The hope is they won't dominate as easily with Stafford behind center.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The deciding factor in our recent match-ups has been the same...

The bone-headed play of our whiner loving previous QB. The one who will be proudly sporting joe montana's old jersey # up in beautiful Detroit this year.

THAT is the answer. 100%.
I agree. Goff was never effective against the niners. They were in his head every game and that showed his biggest weakness he is not mentally tough under pressure. He was so bad th he first game last year he should have been benched.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The biggest thing I saw was the lack of tackling. Any time our D had a stop at or behind the LOS, the ball carrier broke tackles and got a big gain. When our D did win on 1st and 2nd down creating a 3rd and long they had trouble stopping Kittle. I think our O will be able to put pressure on the whiners O and force them to need to keep up on the scoreboard which should favor our D. Especially with jimmy g or a rookie at QB.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I agree. Goff was never effective against the niners. They were in his head every game and that showed his biggest weakness he is not mentally tough under pressure. He was so bad the he first game last year he should have been benched.

I don't know about that.

In 2017 and 2018, Goff was outstanding in his three games against the Niners (all Rams' victories). 9 TDs and zero interceptions, with a completion percentage around 70%. The Rams averaged 43 points in those three games.

Agree that Goff did not play as well against S.F. the past two seasons.