Why Do the 49ers Own Us Right Now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I can't believe no one mentions Saleh, their former D coordinator?

He was there for two years, and our offense struggled massively against his D all 4 games

Now that he's gone, I bet we will be able to score and move the ball much easier against them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Again, for the present.
Personnel is about to upset that equation.

I can't believe no one mentions Saleh, their former D coordinator?

He was there for two years, and our offense struggled massively against his D all 4 games

Now that he's gone, I bet we will be able to score and move the ball much easier against them.
Saleh deserves cred and that sounds like something fans will do too tbh. But the changes in the roster should factor in to this equation in a big way. QB alone has changed the entire equation.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams played Ok against the niners. Offense looked weak at times, but the games were always close. The one thing that stands out to me were the two series at the end of the games when the Rams D needed to stop them and they couldn't.

Tano

Legend
Goff will get his bell rung in Detriot and be out of the league in two years.
Whatever dude. Goff would have won us a few of those games late in the 4th qtr except the Defense could not contain the 49ers late in the game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He may get his bell rung, but there is NO WAY he will be out of the league in 2 years.
I expect him to string together some marginal seasons and get replaced by a high draft pick in a year or two. So I agree he won't be out of the league in two years. He's durable and can win games with a good enough group around him.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The deciding factor in our recent match-ups has been the same...

The bone-headed play of our whiner loving previous QB. The one who will be proudly sporting joe montana's old jersey # up in beautiful Detroit this year.

THAT is the answer. 100%.

Tano

Legend
Am I wrong but I could swear the Rams are 3 and 5 against the 49ers in the last 4 years

The first two years we were 3 - 1 and the only reason we lost that game was because we played subs the entire game

The last two years we were 0 - 4 but two of those games we either had the lead or were tied in the last few minutes of the game. We could easily have won both those games if the defense held.

The other two games - 1 was a definite blow out and the other if not for two dropped TD passes we could have been back in the game.

So we could just as easily been 7-1 in those games. We just had some bad luck with our defense not making plays that they usually make late in games and 2 TD drops.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Owning us is a bit hyperbolic don't you think? That said these last couple years in the matchups we've been outcoached.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
and thank the football gods Blythe is no longer a Ram
addition by subtraction, and the best move made by McSnead during offseason
train

Don’t agree. I will wait for judgement though.Pretty simple though.

HowWill Austin Blythe play in KC?
Then the play off The Rams starting Center in 2021.
Add The play of the Oklahoma Center.
Compare to Tutu.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Compare to Tutu.
If Blythe plays in KC he'll do the same shit he did with us. He'll look fine until a power DL is put across from him then it'll be Chernobyl.

Psycho_X

Legend
The deciding factor in our recent match-ups has been the same...

The bone-headed play of our whiner loving previous QB. The one who will be proudly sporting joe montana's old jersey # up in beautiful Detroit this year.

THAT is the answer. 100%.

Lol, I hope that was never a factor. I've been a Goff supporter over the years but I have always held that against him since I first heard he grew up a fan of them.

The Whiners have been a pain for a few years but nothing that can't be fixed. The main issue has been in the trenches though. Hopefully we have a more threatening offense in 2021 than we have had the last couple. Looking forward to a steady rotation of AD, BB3, A'Shawn, Gaines, etc this year with hopefully healthy ILB'ers for a change. We've got the #1 pass defense we just need to up our front 7 game a little.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I wrong but I could swear the Rams are 3 and 5 against the 49ers in the last 4 years

The first two years we were 3 - 1 and the only reason we lost that game was because we played subs the entire game

The last two years we were 0 - 4 but two of those games we either had the lead or were tied in the last few minutes of the game. We could easily have won both those games if the defense held.

The other two games - 1 was a definite blow out and the other if not for two dropped TD passes we could have been back in the game.

So we could just as easily been 7-1 in those games. We just had some bad luck with our defense not making plays that they usually make late in games and 2 TD drops.
Yup. Game 2 last year, (Even with a tragically awful performance by Goff) the Rams had a 3 point lead in the 4th Q and couldnt stop Nick Friggin Mullens, from tying the game, then driving for the game winning FG. In 1st game (2020) Goff was shredding the 9ers in the 2nd half and down 8, 9ers converted 2 1st downs and ate the last 3:30 of clock thus not giving the Rams a chance to tie. 2019- game 2, Goff shredded the 9ers for 323 yards and 2 TD but the D couldnt stop Garopolo from converting 2 3rd and 16's and thus they pulled out the dub.
But yeah, it was all Goff's fault.....

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup. Game 2 last year, (Even with a tragically awful performance by Goff) the Rams had a 3 point lead in the 4th Q and couldnt stop Nick Friggin Mullens, from tying the game, then driving for the game winning FG. In 1st game (2020) Goff was shredding the 9ers in the 2nd half and down 8, 9ers converted 2 1st downs and ate the last 3:30 of clock thus not giving the Rams a chance to tie. 2019- game 2, Goff shredded the 9ers for 323 yards and 2 TD but the D couldnt stop Garopolo from converting 2 3rd and 16's and thus they pulled out the dub.
But yeah, it was all Goff's fault.....
he also threw the pick 6 that, if he hadn't, we would've won. But that's obviously too simplistic a way to think about that game. They lost that game together

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he also threw the pick 6 that, if he hadn't, we would've won. But that's obviously too simplistic a way to think about that game. They lost that game together
He threw a pick 6 at the end of the game causing a loss? Big difference. Games are won and loss by plays made (or not) at the end of games. Im not cherry picking thru games to pick out a worst play here and there
In Goff's 7 game career against the 49ers (non Fisher year), he had a 94+ passer rating and a 13 TD to only 4 INT ratio. Pretty decent numbers actually

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He threw a pick 6 at the end of the game causing a loss? Big difference. Games are won and loss by plays made (or not) at the end of games. Im not cherry picking thru games to pick out a worst play here and there
In Goff's 7 game career against the 49ers (non Fisher year), he had a 94+ passer rating and a 13 TD to only 4 INT ratio. Pretty decent numbers actually
are we talking about 2019? That pick 6 was before the half ended. His turnover changed the momentum. But yeah I'm not attacking him. I think they failed as a team in most of those 9er games

Tano

Legend
However, I will say he needs to lower his stupid plays per year. He has way too many in a year but I think that comes with experience too.

nighttrain

Legend

Compare to Tutu.
my 2 cents says Blythe rides the pine in KC, but big differences in QB's, Mahomes mobile whereas Goff is pure pocket passer.
train