Who Will Have the Most Sacks in 2024?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Most Sacks in 2024

• Total voters

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think, with time to adapt to NFL speed, Brennen Jackson is going to be a force. May not be this year but this guy is a tough as nails football player.

Jackson gets my early vote of "steal of the draft."

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Young faded too much for me to think he will lead the team in sacks.
Need more dawg from him.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I think Verse is going to be a DROY contender, but with Young coming into his second year, I’m calling 15+ sacks

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think, with time to adapt to NFL speed, Brennen Jackson is going to be a force. May not be this year but this guy is a tough as nails football player.

Jackson gets my early vote of "steal of the draft."

Yeah, B-Jax has that Maxx Crosby-like sheer relentlessness and motor. Good pick, bubba!

Name
Steve Davis
I believe that if Turner ends up leading the team in sacks that we are going to have some issues. I see his sack production falling off a bit because of the AD effect, but if it goes 1/2 Young/Verse 3 Turner, we'll have something to be happy about!!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I voted Verse but it could well end in a tie with Young and/or Turner.

I’ll say this. The improved Ram secondary should give these front 5 players an extra split second to pressure or sack opposing QB’s. Look for a jump in both pressures AND sacks despite the loss of AD.

Snead’s offseason was brilliant. Truly a masterpiece using cap dollars and available draft picks to maximum advantage.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love our defensive front, including those outside linebackers that may be called on to rush the QB:
Kobie Turner / Bobby Brown III / Braden Fiske
Desjuan Johnson / Tyler Davis / Larrell Murchison
Byron Young / Brennan Jackson / Michael Hoecht
Jared Verse / Ochaun Mathis / Nick Hampton

And a couple of interesting folks that are looking for a spot on the 53 or more likely the practice squad:
Anthony Goodlow / Daniel Olajiga / Cory Durden
Zach VanValkenburg / Keir Thomas II / Tuli Letuilgasenoa

I know we are absolutely going to miss AD. But overall, this group is as deep as we have had since 2013-14 with the 'Mob Squad' with AD, Robert Quinn, Chris Long and Michael Brockers.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love our defensive front, including those outside linebackers that may be called on to rush the QB:

And a couple of interesting folks that are looking for a spot on the 53 or more likely the practice squad:

I know we are absolutely going to miss AD. But overall, this group is as deep as we have had since 2013-14 with the 'Mob Squad' with AD, Robert Quinn, Chris Long and Michael Brockers.
"What about me, you mermaid denier!" ~ Will Hayes

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Out of the undrafted players, I’m most interested in Olajiga. I didn’t realize he was an International Pathways pickup; he could stay on our practice squad without fear of poaching, if I remember correctly. Letuligasenoa is very intriguing; he’s a lot like Greg Gaines in his playstyle. They gave Goodlow the biggest paycheck out of any UDFA, so they see something in him as well.

The defensive line is going to be very fun to watch.

I think we saw the limitations of Young last year. Looks like an Oko or Ebukam level player.

Okoronkwo and Ebukam could never bend off the edge like Young has proven he can do. Does he have limitations compared to Verse? Yes, but he’s more than a mere cut above the two players mentioned.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
I think we saw the limitations of Young last year. Looks like an Oko or Ebukam level player.
Well, we have to hope he can end up a click above those guys who we let walk.
I think he needs another move besides that speed rush outside and to develop the tenacity to never quit. He has a lot of physical ability, has the look too.
After a certain point last season you just did not hear his name much at all.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

I always liked ebukan and was not only disappointed the Rams let him walk, but to the 9ers no less.
He is still playing and has carved out a good niche career. Maybe Young never ascends much higher, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if he ends up being as good as ebukan.
Well, we have to hope he can end up a click above those guys who we let walk.
I think he needs another move besides that speed rush outside and to develop the tenacity to never quit. He has a lot of physical ability, has the look too.
After a certain point last season you just did not hear his name much at all.

Agree 100%. I love that he was always running down plays, but his pass rush seemed to hit the wall at a certain point. I have to believe somebody else noticed his limited repertoire and will see that he works on that this camp.

Ram65

Legend

I expect him to be better than Oko and Ebukam as an overall player.

He came in with underdeveloped pass-rush moves IIRC. He should improve a lot in year two with NFL coaching. One thing that don't have to teach is his twitchiness and speed. He saves a lot of yards tracking down runners including QBs. He ran 4.43 40 at the combine.

I thought he would need to be used more in pass-rush stunts. He showed his quickness when opposing QBs moved forward in the pocket. He would be a good spy against running QBs. Let's see if he can up his pass-rush game.

Edit: Found more info on Young

ROUND 3 (NO. 77 OVERALL): EDGE BYRON YOUNG, TENNESSEE

The Rams sacked opposing quarterbacks just 38 times last season and pressured them at the third-lowest rate in the NFL. It was clear they needed help on the edge, and there was hope that Byron Young could make an impact in his rookie season. The Rams nailed it again. Young has 46 pressures on the season, the fourth most among all rookies and the 38th most among all edge rushers — in the same ballpark as DeMarcus Lawrence, Cameron Jordan and Kayvon Thibodeaux.

Young’s reach and impact extend beyond the world of pass rushing, though. His 18 stops as a run defender are the 22nd most among all edge defenders this season, and he boasts a 68.9 run-defense grade since Week 13.

Last edited:

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I expect him to be better than Oko and Ebukam as an overall player.

He came in with underdeveloped pass-rush moves IIRC. He should improve a lot in year two with NFL coaching. One thing that don't have to teach is his twitchiness and speed. He saves a lot of yards tracking down runners including QBs. He ran 4.43 40 at the combine.

I thought he would need to be used more in pass-rush stunts. He showed his quickness when opposing QBs moved forward in the pocket. He would be a good spy against running QBs. Let's see if he can up his pass-rush game.

Edit: Found more info on Young

ROUND 3 (NO. 77 OVERALL): EDGE BYRON YOUNG, TENNESSEE

The Rams sacked opposing quarterbacks just 38 times last season and pressured them at the third-lowest rate in the NFL. It was clear they needed help on the edge, and there was hope that Byron Young could make an impact in his rookie season. The Rams nailed it again. Young has 46 pressures on the season, the fourth most among all rookies and the 38th most among all edge rushers — in the same ballpark as DeMarcus Lawrence, Cameron Jordan and Kayvon Thibodeaux.

Young’s reach and impact extend beyond the world of pass rushing, though. His 18 stops as a run defender are the 22nd most among all edge defenders this season, and he boasts a 68.9 run-defense grade since Week 13.

Not to mention he put on 15 lbs without losing speed (according to him).

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IMO - Young will be coming from the LDE/OLB spot.Verse from the ROLB/DE spot. Hard to say which one has more Sacks,but Young is going into his 2nd season & going up against RT’s instead of LT’d.Plus should have more freedom to get after The QB’s.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
IMO - Young will be coming from the LDE/OLB spot.Verse from the ROLB/DE spot. Hard to say which one has more Sacks,but Young is going into his 2nd season & going up against RT’s instead of LT’d.Plus should have more freedom to get after The QB’s.
Young, having an off-season to get bigger & stronger and knowing what he needs to work on is a huge advantage over a rookie like Verse. So I expect Young to have a big year if he stays healthy.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Young, having an off-season to get bigger & stronger and knowing what he needs to work on is a huge advantage over a rookie like Verse. So I expect Young to have a big year if he stays healthy.
Verse is bull strong already

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Verse is bull strong already
The year of experience is key though...And I believe Verse has a very high floor and could easily match the 8 sacks Young had last year, especially if our offense puts teams in a pass first catch up mode. I just think Young could be a 10 sack guy with his speed and added power.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The year of experience is key though...And I believe Verse has a very high floor and could easily match the 8 sacks Young had last year, especially if our offense puts teams in a pass first catch up mode. I just think Young could be a 10 sack guy with his speed and added power.

Don’t know if posted about the difference IMO is ? Verse is going to play the Run First more & Young having more Freedom to get after it. I’d say also that Verse might have more tackles for loss,because of his bull rush.