Who is our most underrated player?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I vote Brockers. You saw what happened to us when he went down against the Falcons. Game over. BROCKERS!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I want to say Joyner, but I don't think he's sneaking up on anyone anymore. Brockers doesn't get a lot of attention outside of Rams fans. Saffold has been quietly going about taking care of business. If I had to pick one it would probably be Brockers. I feel like his loss would impact things more than the other two.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Dude would have the time if he didnt change the size and font of every letter!
Next time you talk to him, tell him Badnewsforbilly says hey!

You got that right. I'll talk to him hopefully before the week is out and give him your message. Maybe that'll lure him in. :sneaky:

You got that half right ...

images

his "pie in the face" memes were given out about once a day on RRF. And I take pride in being the guy to give him a real pie in the face when he visited St. Louis. He prolly should have decked me for it, but he took it with class.

Next time you chat with him, ask him if he still has that awesome classic Trans Am, and tell him I said "Cheers!".

Totally forgot about the pies. I'm really slipping. I'll ask him about the Trans Am but I'm guessing it got traded in long ago for an SUV.:sneaky:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Me personally, I keep fluctuating between Saffold and Brockers.
Saffold became a bully on the offensive line. When it was time to run the ball the man whoever he had to block didn't even get to touch the ball carrier, as Saffold would pancake his man then start looking for leftovers.
Brockers defensive ability and intelligence was constantly over looked. First, who was asked to change positions in the middle of the season? That's right, Brockers. Who handled both positions very well? That's right, Brockers. Just imagine what our defense would've been like it he wasn't available. Oh, that's right, we don't have to imagine, because we saw what his absence was like in the Atlanta game.
But I'm still flip flopping.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Certainly no shortage of candidates for fan under appreciated players on this talented Ram team.

One could make a case for 10-12 of them.

My top 4 are:

Brockers
Sully
Hav
NRC

If I HAD to pick just one, it would be Brockers. He never makes a peep, just does his job while others get all the glory. I give you the 2nd half of the Atlanta game for what happens when he’s out of the lineup.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Jamon Brown doesn't get the credit he deserves. He was a huge part of our offensive line, and yet some people want him to be replaced. I hope we re-sign him and Havenstein next year.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
There's quite a few IMHO.

Mine are the following - in no particular order:
1. Sullivan (Dude made Goff's season a dream, and his downfield blocking for Gurley didn't go un-noticed either)
2. Jamon Brown - Played like the rock I though he would be when we drafted him
3. Brockers - He's always going to be the forgotten man next to AD99 (and now Suh too!)
3. NRC - I'm sure he was the best slot-corner in the league last year

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Brockers gets my vote.

I’ll also mention that we, as fans, probably underrate Mark Barron somewhat. While he may not be a prototypical ILB, the coaches obviously see something in him that explains why he (unlike Quinn, Ogletree and Barwin) is still on the team.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm with shaunpinny. John Sullivan stepping in for clueless Tim Barnes at center changed the OL form one of the worst to one of the best. His recognition of defensive fronts, hidden blitz schemes and solid blocking saved Goff's azz dozens of times.

Sully was one of the unsung hero's of last season's offensive success.

fearsomefour

Legend
Jamon Brown doesn't get the credit he deserves. He was a huge part of our offensive line, and yet some people want him to be replaced. I hope we re-sign him and Havenstein next year.
No one was more down on Brown before last year and for good reason.
I was going to say Brown before I saw your post. Plenty of good nominations, Brockers, Saffold, NRC etc.
I would say Brown because he was soooooo improved last year. Overall still the weakest part of the line because when he makes a mistake tends to be an ugly one.
But, the line would have taken a big hit if he didn't improve as much as he did. He showed a good ability to get to the second level and extend plays. He became a solid G last year.
The good news is he is still young and can continue to grow. His improvement was a key for the Rams last year.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Hekker is so widely respected that even non Rams fans know he isn't a kicker, he's an asskicker.
True, Les. But look no further than the “Top players at each position” thread to see that Marquette King is considered the best punter. Hardly.

Johnny Hekker is the Aaron Donald of punters.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I feel like Hekker isn't underrated, as far as Punters go, he gets lots of credit.

Last year was kind of ironic for me, regarding Hekker. I have been saying for some time that he has been the best and most consistent Ram since he's been here. He has been very underrated outside of the Ram culture.

Then Donald delivers not only another great season, but probably his best so far. I begin to start hearing announcers and analysts finally singing Hekker's praises, and he has probably HIS worst season. Any other punter would love to have a season like his, but I actually saw about 3 sub par kicks! Lol.