Who do you want as our next coach?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Colin Cowerd just said Gruden is interested in coaching the Rams if Fisher isn't retained.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Colin Cowerd just said Gruden is interested in coaching the Rams if Fisher isn't retained.

Fire Fisher Now....Three Great Alums from the University of Dayton...Jon Gruden, Dan Patrick and yours truly.;)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fire Fisher Now....Three Great Alums from the University of Dayton...Jon Gruden, Dan Patrick and yours truly.;)
You're a flyer??
My sister graduated UD Law in 1989
I applied there for undergrad and didn't get in, I was not a good HS student...

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You're a flyer??

Graduated in 1990 took me six years because I was in the Air Force and had to go part time at night...Great Law program kudos to sis and Rudy Flyer!
0bb7b92902b2e0b6bc5eedf3666d6624.jpg

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
You're a flyer??

We kind of expected you weren't a good HS student @dieterbrock.....

Found this old clip of you dieter. After several years of being held back your senior year you finally graduated.

What ever happened to that skateboard you loved so much? ;)

74494b1e7563a5a7fdd8ca3235ee93e2.gif

Last edited:

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I want a head coach that doesn't do stupid things like this. One week before the Rams play Drew Breeze and the Saints Fisher dismantles the Rams pass coverage.

FRO

Legend
Gruden is an overrated big name coach. Outside of Rich Gannon he never could settle on a QB. He is probably the big name guy that Demoff would like to hire, but I don't think he is a great HC. Fisher should be fired, but you have to replace him with a quality HC.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If he's the guy, so be it. But I am a bit concerned that he's been out of the game for so long and hasn't had a playoff win since the GSOT days.

I would keep three members of the current staff, Gregg Williams, John Fassel as you so eloquently illustrate counselor and Defensive Line Coach Mike Waufle. And I feel very strongly that if the Rams do make a change that Josh McDaniels will be the target IMHO.

I'd keep our DB coaches as well. And Singletary.

Yeah, so was Vermeil......good grief :dizzy:

And it took an ultimatum for Vermeil to get it right. There are also a number of coaches who came back after being out of the game for awhile, and it didn't lead to good results.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

Wouldn't mind. I'm hoping he'd mainly be an overseer for the coordinators and not beat the drum with some ball control offensive philosophy

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gruden is an overrated big name coach. Outside of Rich Gannon he never could settle on a QB. He is probably the big name guy that Demoff would like to hire, but I don't think he is a great HC. Fisher should be fired, but you have to replace him with a quality HC.

One thing Gruden might bring is a willingness to not touch the defensive side of the ball, the way he did with the Bucs. That's also part of the rationale Cowherd mentioned, in that Chucky felt like he could balance the other side of things.

It actually would not be a bad hire. Chucky isn't an elite head coach, but he's well above average, knows offense, and more importantly knows a LOT of people so I gotta think he'd hire a strong staff.

And that, IMO, is where Fisher's failure lies. His inability to make strong hires on his offensive staff.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
On the bright side, he hand picked Gannon. A career back up, but Gruden saw plenty to work with.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Tom Herman
Young, offensive minded.
An actual genius -- not just called a genius by pundits.
SoCal connections -- Simi Valley HS grad, played at Cal Lutheran, worked for XTRA radio.
Thanks to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Herman_(American_football)

Sure not much HC and no NFL experience. But, if there was ever a time where job experience doesn't mean much, now seems to be that time. If he bombs the interview, thank him for his time and move on.

Alternate -- Josh McD if you could get him without giving him player-personnel power.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tom Herman
Young, offensive minded.
An actual genius -- not just called a genius by pundits.
SoCal connections -- Simi Valley HS grad, played at Cal Lutheran, worked for XTRA radio.
Thanks to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Herman_(American_football)

Sure not much HC and no NFL experience. But, if there was ever a time where job experience doesn't mean much, now seems to be that time. If he bombs the interview, thank him for his time and move on.

Alternate -- Josh McD if you could get him without giving him player-personnel power.

Herman will be the next Head Coach of the Texas Longhorns!

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
Harbaugh.... Pay him whatever to get him out of Michigan.

Williams..... I hope he's at least kept on as DC.. If I was Kroenke I'd interview some of the young offense guys mentioned above WITH Williams and find one Comfortable working with Williams on Defense

Josh McDaniels..... Yeah most things k he's a dick, but he is a successful and Goff would benefit greatly

Martz as HC, what I think is crazy would. Be Martz & Williams.... Two guys who just go Balls Deep and innovate.... They would be a amazing combo... Or the worst staff ever

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
I forgot to say this.

I do t know, but with our situation, we might be able to pull somebody that is thought if as untouchable.

In a couple years the Biggest and Best stadium in the NFL will open and guaranteed this team will have some serious exposure. If Cowher, Gruden, or Harbaugh were to come back to NFL, the Rams are a rare opportunity..... He'll I've heard stories where Pete Carrol wants to finish in LA