Where were you when...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
in my living room, jumping up and down with my wife. just screaming "yes" and then she immediately turned on QVC and ordered me the superbowl championship t-shirt.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I was watching the game at a friend's house -- wasn't really a party, as it was just me and him. Like many here, I was a nervous wreck during that last Titans drive. After "the tackle", my friend said, "you can celebrate now -- your team won".

I really don't remember what I said....or even IF I said anything. All I remember is standing up and the couch cushion came with me -- was in full-clench mode at the time.

VARam

I was a senior in H.S and watched it from my bedroom. It was my first St. Louis championship that I had ever witnessed. obviously I was in infant when the Cardinals won in '82.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I was 14 years old at a Super Bowl party one of the girls in our groups parents were throwing. Me and a few other kids my age were really into the game...then there was that group of teens that were just the obnoxious kids that were just there because it was a place to be and didn't care about the game at all...and there was one girl that for no reason at all decided she would root for the Titans.

I can remember being very confident at halftime...then very nervous all of a sudden in the second half. When Mike Jones made the tackle I remember just raising my fists into the air, saying nothing, and walking up to the "Titan fan" and staring at her until she turned and walked away...I never said a single word.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I started (quietly at first but grew louder as I realized I was right.....) There's no more time. There's no more time. There's no more time....We did it.....
That was me too. Being a Blues fan as well I was in a state of shock.

Was at my parents' with the whole family together. It was a good time.

VARam

I have most of the celebration parade on dvd. I burned it from YouTube years ago. 1999 was such a breath of fresh air for the city after so many years of Blues playoff exits and Cardinal World Series losses in 85 and 87....not to mention the 1996 NLCS collapse against Atlanta. It was our first NFL title ever. What a way to stick it to Billy Bow Tie Bidwill. I echo the previous posters, It's time to make new memories.

Fast asleep, having never heard of this "football" sport outside of having played Madden once on the old Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and being really bored by it.

Outside of 3 games NFL playoffs are something that other teams play in and I watch as a neutral :(.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was at a friends party. He had a big screen in his basement, pool table, bar... Nice set up.

When we won it was a lot of high-fives and shouting. One guy leaped over the couch. Just crazy celebration.

The NFC championship was more insane for me. We watched in a friends garage. After the game we had champaign, beer, and wine spraying everywhere. I was soaked.

Philly5

Rookie
6 inches from the bedroom TV. Couldn't watch in the living room with the party the way that last drive was going. More relief and shock than anything else after the last play.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Mike Jones tackled Kevin Dyson and Vermeil said, "That's it."

And, if you can remember, what were your exact words when you realized we won?

We won,that's what I said,I was at a SB party put on by a group of people who donated the party food drinks etc. to be sold at my kids grade school dinner auction,bought it with three other couples .

I was in shock ,don't know which way I'd prefer, KNOWING we were going to win throughout the 4th Q or have the last play be so pivotal.
I know I hated that scenario two years later.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I was at a friends party. He had a big screen in his basement, pool table, bar... Nice set up.

When we won it was a lot of high-fives and shouting. One guy leaped over the couch. Just crazy celebration.

The NFC championship was more insane for me. We watched in a friends garage. After the game we had champaign, beer, and wine spraying everywhere. I was soaked.
Yeah we had a Pirate ship out in the yard we'd go out and beat with a bat during commercials ,I literally called the Dre Bly interception before the play was run and fell backwards uncontrolled into my seat when Ricky caught the TD

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
watching in the living room still trying to figure out how jay williams and kevin carter didnt sack steve mcnair. then yelling he's down at the TV until the refs signaled the game over. then the 2nd ex wife goes is that why you were so upset when the rams kicker missed the field goal earlier?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah we had a Pirate ship out in the yard we'd go out and beat with a bat during commercials ,I literally called the Dre Bly interception before the play was run and fell backwards uncontrolled into my seat when Ricky caught the TD

That moment (Proehl's catch) is one I'll never forget!

Looking back, I was more worried in the Tampa game than the Tennessee game in the 4th quarter. I felt like we'd score and win late against the Titans... The Bucs? Those bastards scared me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
watching in the living room still trying to figure out how jay williams and kevin carter didnt sack steve mcnair. then yelling he's down at the TV until the refs signaled the game over. then the 2nd ex wife goes is that why you were so upset when the rams kicker missed the field goal earlier?

I thought "the game was over" on that McNair play... I was certain he was going down. Amazing he didn't.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watching at my buddy's house (we'd been watching the super bowl together since 1986)... our golfing buddies all there, rooting for Tennessee just to bust my nuts. :mad:

I'm not good during regular games... much less the super bowl... so, by the end, I was physically and emotionally exhausted.

When "The Tackle" happened, I waited to make sure no flags were on the field, then literally collapsed on the floor.

Got back up and told my friends to go F themselves. :ROFLMAO:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm not good during regular games... much less the super bowl... so, by the end, I was physically and emotionally exhausted.

I am pretty friggin intense myself.

Back in 1999 I don't think I appreciated how hard it is to get to a Super Bowl.

Today... I don't know how I'll survive our next playoff run!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
In a little Australian pub in the Shinjuku area of Tokyo. Was at a table with a bunch of Mizzou alumni next to a table full of Houston Oilers fans. No idea what I said when the tackle occurred. Was too excited to remember.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I was in the living room of my Buena Park shanty and had just barricaded my wife and newborn out of the house -- started weeping tears of joy and screaming at the top of my lungs as soon as the whistle blew - this went on all day
Best day of my life

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
With a fellow Ram fan, friend of 40 years, (actually the first architect I ever worked for) and his brother and our wives.
Six of us on a small patio on a gorgeous January day in Vegas, watching a 36" TV. Beer, wine and cigars - one of the greater days of my life.
(We had actually watched SB 14 together as well.)

True story. I was in a Rotary Club here in Vegas, and and won one of three $10,000 SB pools our local clubs sponsored for charity, ($5,000 went to the charity). but DID NOT KNOW IT.

Randy, the committee chairman calls me three months later.
"Hello?"
"Doug, this is Randy."
"Hey, what's up."
Ten seconds of silence...
"You don't know why I'm calling, do you?"
"No."
"You really don't?"
"No."

Anyway - pretty pleasant surprise, on top of the Rams winning. 15 years ago - hard to believe.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Watched it with my good friend and his better half! Just the 3 of us and it was the most satisfying game I've ever watched! Hope to do it again this season!