Where were you when...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
Mike Jones tackled Kevin Dyson and Vermeil said, "That's it."

And, if you can remember, what were your exact words when you realized we won?
I was with a girlfriend at my apartment in front of a bowl of "KFC honey bbq wings"..and we were jumping up and down in celebration....then...I cracked open a Michelob...:D

I was yelling ST. LOUIS RAMS BABY!!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Watched the game on the TV in the basement of my house. I had told my wife and son I wanted to be alone for the whole game and they obliged me. Don't remember what I said when it was finally over but I wept. It was like a weight had been taken off of my shoulders after all those years of verbal abuse while living in the SF Bay area. Fan is after all a contraction of the word fanatic.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
With the family with many guests, YES! is what I yelled (boring but true)

I remember being a little disappointed about Vermeil not being carried off the field, he deserved it and the players let him down, maybe I'm just a little old school.

Last edited:

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I was at home on the couch. Boring. I do remember feeling like I might have a heart attack during the game though. I was so amp'd and stressed about it. I had the exact same feeling in 2001 too. I probably couldn't make it through another SB but I'm willing to give it a shot. :unsure:

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I started (quietly at first but grew louder as I realized I was right.....) There's no more time. There's no more time. There's no more time....We did it.....

My wife told me to quit yelling....... I didn't......

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I was at my in-law's house watching the game.
When Mike made "the tackle" I said the same thing Coach Vermiel said; "that's it, he didn't make it." We won!

After the game I called my brother who was watching the game at his house we laughed and my brother said "Well, we finally got one."

Last edited:

Ozark Ram

UDFA
I was in my living room watching with my wife and son who was home on military leave after a years tour in Korea......We had invited my brother in law over to watch the game and he had told us "No way, it'll be a cold day in hell before the Rams will win the Super Bowl"......needless to say we called him up and asked him how cold did he think it was in hell at that moment....he hung up on me :) --priceless memory!!!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I was at a friend's house watching the game with four other Ram fans as we've been doing for 7 years and my exact words after "The Tackle" were.... "I can now die in peace."
Awesome. Don't die yet because were going to do it again brother!!!

RamzFanz

Damnit
My wife and I were invited to some new friends' house. they were very cool and all but when we showed, they were wearing KC garb. o_O

My wife and I were on the edge of our seats the whole time but they seemed indifferent. Note to self, don't throw a SB party if you're indifferent of the outcome and can't even appreciate a great SB.

Anyway, I lept into the air all 6" of my vertical leap and screamed they won they won but my wife wouldn't believe for about a minute.

Mike came to our Church and spoke. It's cool having a football loving pastor. I got to chat for a minute and shake that massive hand.

Then my wife goes on a retreat and guess who's there? Yep. She sat by him at dinner and yapped her ass off. :mad:

I DID get a signed book though. :)

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Whats funny, is that I happen to be wearing my worn out Super Bowl 34 T-shirt right now, with my recent DVR'd recording of Super Bowl 34 playing..and we are talking about the Tackle....

D@mn, I need some new memories, Jeff Fisher
LOL come on Jeff Fisher!!!

RamzFanz

Damnit
My wife and I were invited to some new friends' house. they were very cool and all but when we showed, they were wearing KC garb. o_O

My wife and I were on the edge of our seats the whole time but they seemed indifferent. Note to self, don't throw a SB party if you're indifferent of the outcome and can't even appreciate a great SB.

Anyway, I lept into the air all 6" of my vertical leap and screamed they won they won but my wife wouldn't believe for about a minute.

Mike came to our Church and spoke. It's cool having a football loving pastor. I got to chat for a minute and shake that massive hand.

Then my wife goes on a retreat and guess who's there? Yep. She sat by him at dinner and yapped her ass off. :mad:

I DID get a signed book though. :)

OF NOTE: My wife is a fair weather fan so she has no idea what's about to happen. My daughter took up watching with me so I'm bringing her to TC. Any of you we meet up with, be sure to help her get what's going on. Thanks!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I was at home watching the game with very little fan-fare.

A couple things you need to know about me before I begin. First off, I'm not very demonstrative when we win (when we lose is another story). When a game ends with a Rams win, it's a relief, mostly because I expect wins. So, when I tell you that when McNair avoided the sack and completed that pass with 6 seconds left, my heart was thudding. But when Mike Jones made the tackle, I collapsed on my couch. I might have raised my arms.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
I was watching in my bedroom by myself. I was living in Florida at the time and a few people were over who were not Rams fans and didn't care and thought it was funny to give me a hard time because I cared so much. When the Titans tied the score I went to my room and locked the door. When the game was over I felt relieved, I'm the type who hates to lose more than I love to win so I just felt a great sense of relief.

fearsomefour

Legend
At home with just my girlfriend (now wife). I knew I could not be around a crowd or party full of people who were not into the game. We were broke then, TV didnt work well so went out and bought a new one that morning.
When McNair and Co were making their come back I was getting all wound up, she kept telling me "they will score, Warner will find a way, the offense is too good for them to stop for a whole half."
When Dyson came up short I said exactly what a previous poster said, "flags? Are there flags??"
Followed by "it happened, I can't believe it happened while I was alive".....We hugged and I actually shed a year or two....I know that sounds super douchy, but, whatcha gonna do?
It seemed perfect in a way, one of our first dates was a Rams game at the Big A....she saw me in full on early 20s game day fanatic idiocy and stuck around.
Good times.

fearsomefour

Legend
I was watching in my bedroom by myself. I was living in Florida at the time and a few people were over who were not Rams fans and didn't care and thought it was funny to give me a hard time because I cared so much. When the Titans tied the score I went to my room and locked the door. When the game was over I felt relieved, I'm the type who hates to lose more than I love to win so I just felt a great sense of relief.
I hear ya there.
By the time 2001 Superbowl came around my wife wanted to have a Superbowl party against my wishes.....I actually got a hotel room in case people started showing up I could escape and watch alone.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I was at my friends house in Afton, MO (a suburb of St. Louis). He had a party. We nearly trashed the place after the Bruce catch and then after the tackle the we were all celebrating, jumping up and down, all pretty drunk and broke one of his tables. It was a great night.

Later that night we went to Uncle Bills (a pancake house) and nearly got into a brawl because we misperceived what someone at a different table said to us. We were all wearing Rams gear and we thought one of them said something bad about the Rams. They were actually saying something like "I can't believe this team finally won", we thought they said that they hoped they wouldn't win or something...who knows it's all kind of a drunken blur at this point. Those guys were drunk too. We ended up making up, eating at the same table and later even hung out from time to time. Hell, the entire metropolitan area of St. Louis might have been drunk and became friends that day.

What a night.

Last edited: