Where have you been? (As in visited)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Latest trip. I just got back the other day. Prague in the Czech Republic, 7-day side trip to Greece, 3 days in Athens and 4 on the beach. Then back to Prague and the kid and I did a day trip to Dresden.

Stopped in Iceland to refuel on the way back so I can put them down as a placed I stopped.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
This thing is huge. And it only took them 9 years to build it and another 2 to finish the carvings.

Attachments

• 20190925_123122.jpg
    20190925_123122.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 20190926_164834.jpg
    20190926_164834.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 88

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
The beach we stayed at.

Attachments

• 20190927_140356.jpg
    20190927_140356.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 88
  • 20190927_143905.jpg
    20190927_143905.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 103

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
In Murica...

Tulsa, OKC, St. Louis, Indy, Pittsburgh, NYC, Newark, Orlando, Charlotte, Tampa, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and various towns in Tennessee, Illinois, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Kansas.

World...

India, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, London, Toronto.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Latest trip. I just got back the other day. Prague in the Czech Republic, 7-day side trip to Greece, 3 days in Athens and 4 on the beach. Then back to Prague and the kid and I did a day trip to Dresden.

Stopped in Iceland to refuel on the way back so I can put them down as a placed I stopped.

I went to college with a guy from Iceland. He told me so many interesting things about the culture there... so interesting I still think about them today.

Apparently their language is the most difficult language to learn on the planet.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't done a whole lot of traveling in my life but I did take one trip as a child I will always remember. My little brother, my parents, my grandmother, who financed the trip, and I took the trip.
In July 1963 we left California on a Lockeed Constellation and arrived in New York City with one stop in Chicago. We then boarded the Queen Mary and sailed to South Hampton in England. I remember leaving New York Harbor and watching the Statue of Liberty as we went by. I also celebrated my 9th birthday on that voyage.
I don't remember much of London except Picadilly Circus and the guards in front of Buckingham Palace with their tall "bearskin" hats.
Then it was off to Paris on a Boeing 727 and I remember a great deal of that part of the trip. First I remember seeing a billboard advertising the movie Lawrence of Arabia and asking my mom if we could go see that. She said no and I asked why not. Because it's in French, end of discussion. We went to the Louvre and had onion soup in a sidewalk cafe that you needed a knife to cut the cheese in the bottom of the bowl. I also had a hot dog at the base of the Eiffle Tower with my 9 year old taste buds not being ready for the mustard on that thing. We also took in a circus act but I don't know if it was the Cirque du Soleil or not.
Then off to Switzerland by train and old castles, then dinner by Lake Geneva, followed by a bus ride down into Germany with a tour guide who told us if we were frightened, we should close our eyes like the bus driver did! There was an older American man at the back of the bus that I talked football with and he told me the Eagles were no good anymore after winning the championship two or three years before. (I became a Rams fan in '65 or '66 when George Allen took over).
Once in Germany we took a barge ride down the Rhine with more old castles on its banks to collect tolls back in the day and then we were in Holland.
While in Amsterdam we took in Anne Franks hiding place and played miniature golf. Lots of bicycle riding and canals.
We finished our roughly 3 week trip in Copenhagen where I saw my first cigar smoking woman ever while walking in a park. We also took in Tivoli Gardens and the Little Mermaid statue.
We flew home from Copenhagen in a Boeing 707 with a stop over for fuel in Greenland so I can say I've been there too.
40 or so years later, after 9/11, I needed to get a passport for a family trip to Mexico. I couldn't locate my birth certificate, so my mom let me use the old family passport we used in 1963 as I.D. The woman behind the counter at the Post Office lit up with a smile when I told her what I was using for I.D. and asked which of the two small boys in picture was me. I showed her and that was good enough, somewhat to my amazement.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@norcalramfan the circus act you saw may have been a similar theatrical performance, but cirque du soleil was founded in the 1980s and is Canadian.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
England (obviously)
Scotland
Wales
Ireland
Spain
Portugal
France
Germany
Holland
Belgium
Italy
Greece
Sweden
Switzerland
USA (LA, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Portland, Seattle, Las Vegas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, New Orleans, Biloxi, Memphis, Nashville, Chicago, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Atlanta and Maui. Miami next year).
Canada
Mexico
Thailand
Hong Kong
Macau
Japan
Singapore
Malaysia
Argentina
Chile
Brazil
Australia
New Zealand.

Not bad but plenty more places to see.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
England (obviously)
Scotland
Wales
Ireland
Spain
Portugal
France
Germany
Holland
Belgium
Italy
Greece
Sweden
Switzerland
USA (LA, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Portland, Seattle, Las Vegas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, New Orleans, Biloxi, Memphis, Nashville, Chicago, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Atlanta and Maui. Miami next year).
Canada
Mexico
Thailand
Hong Kong
Macau
Japan
Singapore
Malaysia
Argentina
Chile
Brazil
Australia
New Zealand.

Not bad but plenty more places to see.
...yeah, well, I've been to Antarctica.

Shut-In. Get off the couch every once in a while!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
FFS how do you all afford all this travel?

I've been 1) where I lived, 2) where the Army sent me, and 3) broke.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I've mostly visited Pennsylvania. That's where one of my best friends since preschool lives. Illinois, obviously. Been to Destin, Florida, Ixtapa in Mexico, Utah, Colorado (by far my favorite place), Arkansas...and that's pretty much it.

Shit, forgot about Indiana and Ohio. We had Thanksgiving gatherings there. Also Maryland when I went on a road trip with my Pennsylvania friend, her husband, and her brother. It was fun.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
July 1986, China.

Hong Kong and Kowloon. Shandong Province. Beijing. Shangai. Stairway to Heaven. Forbidden City/Imperial Palace, Summer Palace. Was a two week tour (my HS choir was so good we were invited to tour China at China's expense)

Also been to most contiguous US states

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
I spent about a month in Europe after graduating college. Went to Madrid, Milan, Munich, Prague, Amsterdam, and Paris.

I also went to Brazil during the 2014 world cup. Was in Sao Paulo and Rio and caught three games while I was down there.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
49 of the 50 states. Going to finish if off with a trip to Alaska next year. Also Canada, Korea, Okinawa.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
Sorry. Just keepin’ it real. :sneaky:
[/QUOT
Sorry. Just keepin’ it real. :sneaky:

Hahahaha. Maybe if I had spent a little less time in Rio. Everyone seemed to head there and it wound up being a huge sausage fest. I don't have much game to begin with, so picking up a local was pretty slim, but even the "workers" were probably too busy due to all the dudes flooding in to the city at that time.