What Raiders Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought he meant superior to themselves during the 12-4 season two years ago. I'm not sure anyone could be delusional enough to think they're coaching is *vastly* superior to ours.

But they're paying Gruden $100 million - of course he's better!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's funny that over at the Cardinals fan site, they think we are insecure posting threads like this....Can't wait for Week 2...lol
Poor Cardinals fans. In many ways their franchise history is much like the Rams, only a whole lot more boring. A less interesting past, present and forseeable future.
I mean their only great QB was our old guy. We did it first and better with the GSOT.
In some kind of cruel karmic justice, fate would have it that since then, the Rams have slaughtered AZs QBs so consistently for so long that it probably deserves a lot more attention than it gets haha.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I bet he drops 2 passes

I have two buddies that are Raider fans and they both talk so highly of Cook. "He didn't drop many passes last year" "He made a lot of great third down catches"

I just reply "You can have him"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought he meant superior to themselves during the 12-4 season two years ago. I'm not sure anyone could be delusional enough to think they're coaching is *vastly* superior to ours.

You might be right. It's hard to tell with how incoherent this is:
"We can win this game. Not sure why some are saying we will get blown out. We have talent also and we’re 12-4 two seasons ago with vastly better coaching on both sides of the ball. It will be a close game. Raiders 27-24."

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
On paper our entire roster is far superior.

The only thing that concerns me is we haven't seen much of our starters and really no one other than Jamon Brown on offense (who won't be starting week 1 anyway).

I am a little concerned about coming out flat. However, there is that other side of things where these offensive guys have been itching to play and show what they have together as a unit.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Oakland Raiders are better coached this year, I'll take Gruden over Blame it on Rio and Paul Gunther compared to Ken Norton is a major upgrade as DC, however, I like our side too.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Biker gang trash fan base seem to think they’re good because Jon Gruden with a gut took a 100 million (lmfao x 1000) dollar deal to coach a below average roster. The same Gruden who was a failure his last 6 years in Tampa and has been in the MNF booth for a decade. Their best player also got dealt for picks they’ll botch.

They’re in for a hurting in 7 days.

I'm crying, got daaamn! I can't disagree either.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
How about the poster that said Marshawn would run all over us.....Do they know how well we know Lynch? lol

And there it is, we’re going to learn a lot this game, personally I’m not so sure this is going to be the cake walk it appears as on the service

23-17 Rams

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
------------
I expect the Rams to win by at least ten....
-------------
Looking to not be embarrassed
-----------
We’re gonna get smoked...

52-14 smoked!
-----------
I expect this game to be comical
------------
49F8EF32-C2F7-43BD-A60B-4BB841E73DAD.gif

and then there’s this guy...

------------
Aaron Donald don’t got crap on Rodney Hudson. Our defensive line is gonna EAT to prove a point.

31-14 Raiders.
-------------
9EA0B978-C7D1-484B-9B57-DF7D6116849F.gif

Last edited:

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
There is some pretty far out claims and ideas by these fans. Acting like they are on a near equal level talent wise, relying on Guenther to coach the game of his life, hoping for an Eagles "dream team" scenario where all the Rams talent just forgets how to play football, picking out individual players like Suh and not putting him in the context of his new team, etc.

NFL can be unpredictable, especially in week one, but this is a hell of a mismatch on paper. They should hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Oakland Raiders are better coached this year, I'll take Gruden over Blame it on Rio and Paul Gunther compared to Ken Norton is a major upgrade as DC, however, I like our side too.
den, we gonna have to coach you up, on how to smack talk......

Ellard80

Legend
Well it's the NFL and on the road. Some entertaining comments by their fans but...

Our team better have the right mindset - the eagles won the Superbowl partially based off the fact that no one took them serious with Nick Foles.

We have a better team on paper.. but, means jacks shit once that ball is kicked off.

I have confidence, but it's the Raiders, at home, with a new coach - they will be amped as fuck.

Don't take that lightly.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is some pretty far out claims and ideas by these fans. Acting like they are on a near equal level talent wise, relying on Guenther to coach the game of his life, hoping for an Eagles "dream team" scenario where all the Rams talent just forgets how to play football, picking out individual players like Suh and not putting him in the context of his new team, etc.

NFL can be unpredictable, especially in week one, but this is a hell of a mismatch on paper. They should hope for the best, but expect the worst.

I think a lot of people forget that the "Dream Team" Eagles had their former OL Coach at Defensive Coordinator. Andy Reid replaced Sean McDermott with Juan Castillo (looks awfully dumb in hindsight), and Castillo utilized a scheme that did a terrible job of playing to the talent on the roster. Even still, their offense finished #8 in PPG and their defense finished #10 in PPG Allowed, so their 8-8 record actually was quite unlucky (according to the pythagorean expected wins formula, they should have went 10-6).

Plus, the Eagles didn't have the talent that we do if you look at their defense. They had a great DB trio with Nnamdi, Asante, and DRC (who were completely misused by their DC), but outside of that, their defense was quite underwhelming. Babin and Jenkins were very talented pass rushers on the DL who were run defense liabilities. Trent Cole was a very good all around DE. And then they had a lot of nobodies. On the other hand, we have a great trio at CB combined with a great trio on the DL (comprised of two All Pros), a great duo at safety, and a good ILB (Barron). We're much more talented on defense, and Castillo to Wade is obviously not comparable.

dang

Legend
I believe it could be a close first half. With rust and jitters something like 13-10 Rams. Then like last year the 2nd half adjustments take hold and turns the game into 30-13 victory.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
42-7....The seven scored by Carr's back up in trash time...

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I think a lot of people forget that the "Dream Team" Eagles had their former OL Coach at Defensive Coordinator. Andy Reid replaced Sean McDermott with Juan Castillo (looks awfully dumb in hindsight), and Castillo utilized a scheme that did a terrible job of playing to the talent on the roster. Even still, their offense finished #8 in PPG and their defense finished #10 in PPG Allowed, so their 8-8 record actually was quite unlucky (according to the pythagorean expected wins formula, they should have went 10-6).

Plus, the Eagles didn't have the talent that we do if you look at their defense. They had a great DB trio with Nnamdi, Asante, and DRC (who were completely misused by their DC), but outside of that, their defense was quite underwhelming. Babin and Jenkins were very talented pass rushers on the DL who were run defense liabilities. Trent Cole was a very good all around DE. And then they had a lot of nobodies. On the other hand, we have a great trio at CB combined with a great trio on the DL (comprised of two All Pros), a great duo at safety, and a good ILB (Barron). We're much more talented on defense, and Castillo to Wade is obviously not comparable.

If I remember the whole fiasco as well as I think I do, I'll add in that they formed during the partial lockout season, so they missed a lot of off-season work.

Those CBs were misused and it led to apathy. That team is where DRC got the label of being lazy because he seemed to give up on that team. Nnamdi never really recovered like DRC did after he left, but I'm not sure as to why that is.

Juan was totally out of his element and Andy made a terrible decision there.

On top of that (if I remember correctly) Jim Washburn was their D-line coach and he employed the "Wide-9" stubbornly. This paired with Babin's unwillingness to play the run (and the unwillingness of coaches to actually try to rein their players in) meant that a defensive scheme that sacrificed a bit of run defense for more pass rush, looked really bad. You gotta actually try to play the run every so often. There is a reason that Babin had around 15 sacks that year and Philly fans still hate that guy. Also from what I remember, Washburn was a total dick who mocked Castillo whenever he could. Sure, Juan was in over his head, but infighting won't help anything.

Reid made bad decisions let the situation get out of hand and that caused a lot of the implosion. McVay and Wade aren't going to let this degrade to that level. No one is gonna try to undermine those guys, especially not other guys on the coaching staff.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I remember the whole fiasco as well as I think I do, I'll add in that they formed during the partial lockout season, so they missed a lot of off-season work.

Those CBs were misused and it led to apathy. That team is where DRC got the label of being lazy because he seemed to give up on that team. Nnamdi never really recovered like DRC did after he left, but I'm not sure as to why that is.

Juan was totally out of his element and Andy made a terrible decision there.

On top of that (if I remember correctly) Jim Washburn was their D-line coach and he employed the "Wide-9" stubbornly. This paired with Babin's unwillingness to play the run (and the unwillingness of coaches to actually try to rein their players in) meant that a defensive scheme that sacrificed a bit of run defense for more pass rush, looked really bad. You gotta actually try to play the run every so often. There is a reason that Babin had around 15 sacks that year and Philly fans still hate that guy. Also from what I remember, Washburn was a total dick who mocked Castillo whenever he could. Sure, Juan was in over his head, but infighting won't help anything.

Reid made bad decisions let the situation get out of hand and that caused a lot of the implosion. McVay and Wade aren't going to let this degrade to that level. No one is gonna try to undermine those guys, especially not other guys on the coaching staff.

Yep. That's all correct.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Poor Cardinals fans. In many ways their franchise history is much like the Rams, only a whole lot more boring. A less interesting past, present and forseeable future.
I mean their only great QB was our old guy. We did it first and better with the GSOT.
In some kind of cruel karmic justice, fate would have it that since then, the Rams have slaughtered AZs QBs so consistently for so long that it probably deserves a lot more attention than it gets haha.

The only thing the Cardinals fans have is that they are based in the best city in the world. (y)