What Raiders Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Marcus Peters isn’t better then Trumaine Johnson? Talib isn’t an upgrade over Kayvon? Raiders fans are truly the dumbest fans of any team.
I would literally like to see them hope in one hand and pee in the other and see which one gets full faster.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/09/nfl-rams-raiders-week-1-preview-questions-answers/

5 questions with Raiders Wire
By: Cameron DaSilva

With the Los Angeles Rams set to take on the Oakland Raiders on Monday night to kick off their 2018 season, we chatted with Marcus Mosher of Raiders Wire about the Week 1 contest. We gained some valuable insight on Jon Gruden’s squad, as well as the look of the defense without Khalil Mack.

Here are five questions and answers from Mosher:

With Khalil Mack gone, who’s the one defensive player the Rams have to worry about?
Well, nobody, to be honest. The best player on defense is probably Bruce Irvin, but he isn’t someone that offensive coordinators are losing sleep over. They have some young talent on their defensive line in Maurice Hurst, Arden Key and P.J. Hall, but those guys are rookies who are still trying to earn playing time. It’s just not a very good defense.

Do the Raiders have the offensive line to protect Derek Carr from Aaron Donald and Ndamukong Suh?
Yes. They are probably one of the only teams in the league that have the interior line talent to match what the Rams have at defensive tackle. Between Kelechi Osmele, Rodney Hudson and Gabe Jackson, the Raiders should be able to neutralize the Rams’ pass rush to a degree. No one can ever shutout Donald and Suh, but this interior group for the Raiders does match up well.

Can Amari Cooper be a true go-to, No. 1 receiver for Carr?
I think so. However, the Raiders need to be creative in how they use him. Cooper has always been a player who’s at his best when he is being moved all over the field, rather than playing at one specific spot. When he is in the slot, he is nearly impossible to defend. But the Raiders have been reluctant to put him there extensively. Cooper is going to get fed targets in this offense, and they are counting on him to produce at a high level.

Are the Raiders going to use a committee approach with Lynch, Richard, Martin and Washington? Or will Beast Mode handle the bulk of the carries?
No one knows for sure with Jon Gruden, but it appears Lynch is going to be the workhorse on the ground and Jalen Richard is going to handle the passing game duties. But for whatever reason, Gruden loves Doug Martin, so I expect him to be a factor in some form.

Prediction for Monday night?
To quote Clubber Lang from Rocky III: “Pain.” The Raiders are just not in the same league as the Rams. Their defense is a mess, and the team is adjusting to Gruden’s new offense. I think the Raiders can hang for a while, but I don’t expect this game to be particularly close. I’m going Rams 31-20.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Marcus Peters is not better than Trumaine Johnson
Aqib Talib replacing Kayvon Webster is not an upgrade. Aqib is long in the tooth.
The Rams offensive line is a wreck,,,,,,, a very old wreck.

Mark Barron,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Conner Barwin,,,,,,,,,,,, Alec Ogeltree ,,,,,, Robert Quinn,,,,,,,, are replaced with
Mark Barron ( OUT ) ,,,,,,,Ramik Wilson ,,,,Matt Longacre,,,,,, Samson Ebukam,,,,,, Cory Littleton
The Linebackers are a complete rebuild because they had to fire their good linebackers so they could sign Donald and Suh.

So on each side of the ball they have a weak link Offensive line and Linebackers.

does anyone know the comedian who posted this? i wanna see his show. funny, funny stuff.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
its like they dont know football .... im not one for making big predictions about wins and losses ...but i hope our D hits Derek Carr so much he wishes he was his brother

RamsFan47

Rookie
I guess I really can't blame Raider Fan for beating their chest. It's an understandable reaction knowing the scales are heavily tipped against them. With that being said I've got three bullet points for tonight's game
  • Mob Squad
  • Pit of Misery
  • God almighty

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.silverandblackpride.com...-challenge-of-rams-ndamukong-suh-aaron-donald

Raiders offensive line welcoming challenge of Rams Ndamukong Suh, Aaron Donald
By Marcus Allen Krause

usa_today_10459027.0.jpg

Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

Raiders’ O-line welcomes ‘challenge’ from Rams’ Aaron Donald, Ndamukong Suh - SFChronicle.com
The schedulers who tabbed Rams-Raiders to cap the opening weekend of this NFL season must have been giddy over the story lines.

Los Angeles Rams at Oakland Raiders: Preview, prediction, statistics to know for 'Monday Night Football' - CBSSports.com
The Rams travel to Oakland to take on the Raiders in Jon Gruden's return

View: https://twitter.com/mohurstjr/status/1038863880569516033?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1038863880569516033&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.silverandblackpride.com%2F2018%2F9%2F10%2F17840678%2Fsilver-mining-9-10-raiders-offensive-line-welcoming-challenge-of-rams-ndamukong-suh-aaron-donald

---------------------------
Fuck the Rams
Its Go Time
RAAAAAAIIIIIIII>IIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDEERRRRRRRS
---------------------------
Our receivers need to win their matchups to help our o-line.
No drops. No half ass routes. No "Coverage Sacks".
----------------------------
Thank god last night proved defense doesn't matter
Who cares about guys like Mack, Donald and Suh?
-----------------------------
No shaming in dropping one to the Rams, in fact the pressure is on them to win, just a smart well fought game is all that is asked for now.
----------------------------
No one is talking about...
…Peters and Talib. These are guys that Carr has struggled with mightily over the years and who know Carr very well. I think Carr has a phobia against both of these CBs and we will be forced to run the ball quite a bit.

They have a monster interior DL which will be tough to run against, making it even tougher to move the ball. Maybe we can find some success throwing to the TEs or Jalen Richard. If LAR has one weakness, it is their LB corps so we must attack them there.

Against their O, we will likely have trouble. Gurley is a game-changer. I think our CBs will have better luck against their WRs, but they will hit a few shots. This is probably the toughest game on our schedule this season because the Rams look absolutely loaded on paper.

Winning this game would be huge for the entire Nation, especially if we can get a pass rush going. I think we will come out conservative, hoping to run the ball and own the clock. Our K will need to have a perfect game and hopefully he has gotten used to kicking off the dirt.

Ultimately, though, the Rams are going to be a very tough out. Carr will need to play perfect and I just don’t think he can do it against a D this good. Can Marshawn take over this game? Can Coop replicate his performance against Peters from TNF last season? Can Jordy beat Talib?

These all seem like longshots, but if we win this game, the entire tide of Raider hate will reverse. Gruden will look like a genius. It is a tall order. Let’s just wait and see, I guess.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Living in the 49er/Raider territory I know a lot of Raider fans. I can tell you this about most of them. They are loyal to the point of delusion at times. Deep down they know they're not as good as the Rams. But its their way of pumping themselves up for the game. I have a neighbor who's a big Raider fan. He'll have his ten foot blow up Raider guy in his yard tonight. He'll fly the flags. He'll yell and scream. I can hear him 3 houses away. But when its over he'll probably come over and say the Rams are pretty darn good. He did that a few years ago when the Rams beat them 52-0.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
The Raiders O-line might as well say that they are "welcoming" the Triple Terror.....

Not a lot else they can say unless they want to admit that they are scared.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Lol, not seeing many people picking the Raiders tonight. The only ones who pick them are the ones who just wanna be different.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Marcus Peters isn’t better then Trumaine Johnson? Talib isn’t an upgrade over Kayvon? Raiders fans are truly the dumbest fans of any team.

I dunno, cowgirl fans give them a run for that title as well.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/...aiders-preview-silver-black-pride-khalil-mack

Los Angeles Rams at Oakland Raiders: Q&A with Silver and Black Pride
Getting the inside info from Silver and Black Pride, the SB Nation community for Oakland Raiders fans.
By 3k

894473074.jpg.0.jpg

Photo by Don Feria/Getty Images

It’s going down. Tonight, the Los Angeles Rams open their 2018 regular season in Week 1against the Oakland Raiders on the road.

So to get a better sense of who we’re facing, I linked up with Levi Damien from Silver and Black Pride, the SB Nation community for Oakland Raiders fans.

So we have to start with the elephant in the room. Khalil Mack. Now that Raider Nation has had some time to process it, what’s the sense of the deal? What do you guys have to do to make it work in your favor?

The feelings on it vary quite a bit. I would say most fans are pretty pissed about it. You have the first chance in...like forever, to lock in a homegrown future Hall of Fame talent in his prime and you blow it. I honestly can’t think of a worse personnel move this franchise has ever made. We can use hindsight and say some others were bad like taking JaMarcus Russell number one overall, but for this one we don’t need hindsight. Or foresight. We just need sight.

There are a contingent of fans who don’t like it, but feel they have no choice but to try to find hope anyway and are just wanting to move on. And then there are those who have talked themselves into the trade being a good thing. As if the Raiders are sure to find another talent like Mack with their two first round picks.

Many of those same fans have quickly turned to the tired line that the departing player got greedy and/or just ‘didn’t want to be here, so f--k him!’ Hey, they have to cope with the loss somehow and sour grapes really seems to work for them.

Without Mack, how’s the defense shaping up? Is the edge rush now a huge weak point or are there others opponents should exploit?

Mack’s immediate replacement will be Tank Carradine, who does well against the run, but doesn’t offer a lot in terms of pass rush. For that they will look to 2017 undrafted practice squad player, Fadol Brown. He has shown up well in the preseason, though it was almost exclusively against backups, so it’s hard to say if it will translate against starters.

Rookie Arden Key will back up Bruce Irvin and see time as a third down pass rusher. The speciality statuses of each player will make them vulnerable in the weak areas of their game. Mack was an every down player who excelled both against the rush or the pass. You can’t exploit weaknesses a player doesn’t have.

From a personnel standpoint, the entire defense has weak points. The linebackers deploy 35-year-old Derrick Johnson and journeyman backup Emmanuel Lamur. And the secondary has some potential but a lot of uncertainties. The best thing they have going for them is DC Paul Guenther. He might be able to scheme them into playing above their talent level.

Offensively, there’s a lot to like especially given how well it performed just two years ago. What do you guys need to get back to 2016 on that side of the ball? Does it just come down to QB Derek Carr?

Mostly, yes. Derek Carr played so well in 2016 because it was the only season he ever had the same offensive coordinator two years in a row. He has another new coordinator in Jon Gruden. Carr has looked fantastic in offseason practices and training camp in his understanding of Gruden’s playbook, but things change in live action.

It has to be second nature to him because if it isn’t, the first sign of pressure and panic ensues. We saw a lot of that from him last season. I don’t expect it all to come together like a well oiled machine right away, but it’s possible. The Rams were able to get Jared Goff to play at a high level in his first season under McVay so we’ll see.

What’s the latest on the Kolton Miller/Donald Penn saga? Are you comfortable with how things have been handled for your top rookie and where things seem headed?

They have barely seen any game snaps together on the field. Both looked terrible against the Packers’ starters in the 1-2 series they played. Penn especially looked lost playing right tackle for the first time in his career. I think it was a big mistake putting Kolton Miller in at left tackle right away. He and Penn should be flipped.

I don’t believe in this bit about disrupting Miller’s development as a left tackle. He has experience at both tackle spots in college, having only played left tackle one season. You keep Penn at left tackle, put Miller at right tackle this year and then re-evaluate the situation next offseason.

At that point, when Penn retires, you can decide whether you want to draft a left or right tackle depending on prospects available when you select and put Miller on appropriate side. Far more important to ensure Derek Carr is always properly protected than to worry about Miller’s development. It’s just a risk not worth taking. But here we are.

It’s Year 1 for Jon Gruden. What are the expectations from the fan base? Obviously, a winning season and a playoff berth put things off and running. Is there a legit sense that you guys are really in it for the long haul with Gruden given his 10-year contract?

That’s a complicated question. If you’d asked me a week ago, I would have said spirits were high and expectations were reasonably optimistic. But I firmly believe the Khalil Mack trade puts the Raiders in a tough spot and Gruden in a hole he may never dig himself out of. Every misstep and every lack of ultimate success by Gruden will now come with tremendous scrutiny. Raiders fans like to say there would be scrutiny regardless because of the whole ‘We’re the Raiders” victim card. But no.

Gruden was incredibly well liked. Even with the snickering about him being behind the times and such, that kind of thing would disappear quickly if he showed he was innovative on the field. And it has nothing to do with his being the Raiders head coach. It has to do with being out of coaching for nine seasons.

Bigger than that was proving his personnel decisions are good. And the trades in this year’s draft including the one that burnt a third round pick for Martavis Bryant and the one that sent away arguably the best defensive player in the league don’t just raise questions, they answer them for many people. Those answers are damning. Even before he has coached his first game.

Thanks to Levi for the time.