What is something you really miss.......

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I miss riding bikes
Asking my neighbors if they could come out and play
Over the line and two hand touch games in the street
Mad libs
Spending time with my mom (RIP) and dad
The click of the TV knob when you changed the channel

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I miss prank phone calls

Lol. Yeah... We used to “write scripts” for ours.

Nothing original... we flushed the toilet and used the garbage disposer as prop noises like EVERYONE else. lol.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
waiting til 11:30 to watch the tape delayed 1980 nba finals between the 76ers and Lakers.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol. Yeah... We used to “write scripts” for ours.

Nothing original... we flushed the toilet and used the garbage disposer as prop noises like EVERYONE else. lol.
Loved the prank phone calls too
My favorite,
Call saying you are from radio station and offer an exotic prize if they can name 5 famous people named "Mickey" in 10 seconds, Go!
Worked every time, people would get so excited and try so hard.... Nobody ever did.....
One I wish I never did,
Call and talk in a little kid voice and ask "Is my mommy there?"
"She left me here at the bus station an hour ago and told me to call her to come get me"
Ugh, I can still recall the terror in some people's voice who fell for it....

Oh and BTW, I know you tried to come up with the 5 Mickey's, how'd ya do?

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
My favorite,
Call saying you are from radio station and offer an exotic prize if they can name 5 famous people named "Mickey" in 10 seconds, Go!
Worked every time, people would get so excited and try so hard.... Nobody ever did.....
One I wish I never did,
"She left me here at the bus station an hour ago and told me to call her to come get me"

We used to call a number and ask for "Frank". We would have three or four people call "Is Frank there?" and then about a half-hour later have someone call "Hi, this is Frank, anyone call?"

And the Mickey's? No, I didn't try it because I know better.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Use too call bowling alleys, grocery stores in sech and ask them to page Mike Hunt.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Oh... Prank Phone Calls were the best.

I used to have fun doing those when I had a group of friends over. One of my go to favorites....

Late at night... call a tow truck out to tow away a car or truck out of my driveway that didn't belong to me. Of course it was a random neighbor's vehicle parked in their own driveway.

I call up acting extremely pissed that there was a random vehicle parked in my driveway blocking me from backing out. I'd tell them to get out here as fast as possible because I was late for work. They'd always say that they'd get out there right away. Then I'd tell them to go ahead and start hooking up to the vehicle and I'd come outside once I saw the truck hooking up to the random car because i needed to hurry.

Then... we'd sneak outside and hide around the house that the tow truck was coming out to. Once the truck came out and started hooking up to the car.... it never failed.... the owner would come running out screaming thinking that someone was trying to tow their vehicle away for no reason. The confusion between the owner and the tow truck driver was so much fun to listen to. Screaming and cussing were almost always involved. The owners were many times standing outside in their underwear or some crazy shit too. LOL

We did this more than we should have to a neighbor nobody liked. We would also order him 12 + pizzas from multiple pizza companies at the same time so that the pizza delivery guys would show up back to back to back to back. This guys would lose his mind.

RamFanInPC

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Changing gear here; little sizzlers by Hornel. Almost as good as Farmer John breakfast sausage and the only good option here in Fl

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh man, on the heels of prank phone calls....
Garbage pickup in my town was Saturday mornings, which means folks would obviously put out the garbage on Friday nights.
Well.....
I'd make sure to sleep over my buddy's house that day, and the first Friday after Christmas, we would head out around 11pm on our bikes and find people who had put their Christmas trees out with the garbage.
Prop the tree against the front door, and ring the doorbell profusely.
Oh man, there were some crazy outcomes to that, particularly the doors that opened in

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh... Prank Phone Calls were the best.

I used to have fun doing those when I had a group of friends over. One of my go to favorites....

Late at night... call a tow truck out to tow away a car or truck out of my driveway that didn't belong to me. Of course it was a random neighbor's vehicle parked in their own driveway.

I call up acting extremely pissed that there was a random vehicle parked in my driveway blocking me from backing out. I'd tell them to get out here as fast as possible because I was late for work. They'd always say that they'd get out there right away. Then I'd tell them to go ahead and start hooking up to the vehicle and I'd come outside once I saw the truck hooking up to the random car because i needed to hurry.

Then... we'd sneak outside and hide around the house that the tow truck was coming out to. Once the truck came out and started hooking up to the car.... it never failed.... the owner would come running out screaming thinking that someone was trying to tow their vehicle away for no reason. The confusion between the owner and the tow truck driver was so much fun to listen to. Screaming and cussing were almost always involved. The owners were many times standing outside in their underwear or some crazy shit too. LOL

We did this more than we should have to a neighbor nobody liked. We would also order him 12 + pizzas from multiple pizza companies at the same time so that the pizza delivery guys would show up back to back to back to back. This guys would lose his mind.
Wowww. I wasn't gonna post mine, because I felt it was really dickish, but you've allowed me to do it now. When I was 13, there was this kid that I, and my friends, really didn't like. And his mom was a SUPER BITCH to all the kids in the neighborhood. She would SCREAM at us if our foot touched a blade of her grass while we were playing in the streets - that kinda stuff. God forbid a tennis ball ended up on her lawn from playing stickball. She'd lose her shit.

But anyway, he left one day to go to the arcade in the mall on his bike. Dick that he was. So after about an hour we went inside and called her house. I got on the phone and fake cried the following: "Mawwwwmmmm (crying) I'm in the Coral Springs jail right now because I stole (crying) - I stole (crying) - I stole (catching breath) - I stole a penis magaziiiiiiiiine (crying)." We thought she was gonna immediately out us for what we were doing, but she was legitimately shocked and started freaking out. "Stay right there! I'm leaving right now!" 20 seconds later she's running out to her car and screeches out of the driveway.

Once she found out and returned, she accused everybody in the neighborhood and visited every house to talk to every parent. Obviously she couldn't prove anything, but her hatred for us went up 10-fold after that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Wowww. I wasn't gonna post mine, because I felt it was really dickish, but you've allowed me to do it now. When I was 13, there was this kid that I, and my friends, really didn't like. And his mom was a SUPER BITCH to all the kids in the neighborhood. She would SCREAM at us if our foot touched a blade of her grass while we were playing in the streets - that kinda stuff. God forbid a tennis ball ended up on her lawn from playing stickball. She'd lose her shit.

But anyway, he left one day to go to the arcade in the mall on his bike. Dick that he was. So after about an hour we went inside and called her house. I got on the phone and fake cried the following: "Mawwwwmmmm (crying) I'm in the Coral Springs jail right now because I stole (crying) - I stole (crying) - I stole (catching breath) - I stole a penis magaziiiiiiiiine (crying)." We thought she was gonna immediately out us for what we were doing, but she was legitimately shocked and started freaking out. "Stay right there! I'm leaving right now!" 20 seconds later she's running out to her car and screeches out of the driveway.

Once she found out and returned, she accused everybody in the neighborhood and visited every house to talk to every parent. Obviously she couldn't prove anything, but her hatred for us went up 10-fold after that.

Hahahahahahaaaaa

I felt bad typing out the chaos I created back then. LOL. Especially thinking about it now.

Whatever though.

Those were the days.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My favorite,
One I wish I never did,

I got 3.
Mouse
Mantle
Rourke

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh. I also miss the pre-cell phone era.

Remember when people weren’t so self-absorbed? When you didn’t whip out your little 35mm camera to take a picture of yourself. Or worse ... of your food? This was also the pre-internet era. When you had to have balls to call someone an asshole because you had to do it in person. And the absolute best part of this pre-internet, pre-iPhone era was no 24 hr cable news. You got your news at 6am, 6pm,or 11pm, and then you had the rest of the day to yourself without being told how horrible everyone and everything is. Hell, you could even talk to people on the other side of the political spectrum without wanting to shoot them in the face.

Guess I just miss the 70’s .:cautious:

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 70s were given a bad rap for along time. The me decade and all that. But when I look back now it was a pretty dam sweet time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The 70s were given a bad rap for along time. The me decade and all that. But when I look back now it was a pretty dam sweet time.

tenor.gif

With arguably the best music.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, I miss the 70/80s too. I miss pool hopping and playing kick the can. I miss the block party crab feasts we had every 4th of July. I miss street football. I miss playing night basketball at my local park under the lights. I miss my parents.