What is something you really miss.......

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

You misspelled "crime against humanity".

:)

I miss the Pizza Hut of 1985. Get a pitcher of beer, the cheese actually stretched, the toppings were diced small and the pan pizza crust was cooked all the way through.
Yummy.

I remember back around that time Pizza Hut had this concoction called a Priazzo:

1596808926606.png

God those were good. That was back in the days when I could eat about 12 million calories per day and end up losing a pound or two because I did some sort of physical exertion like, you know, walk a mile or something. And I could plow through a large one of those by myself, all that meat and cheese ... glorious, just fucking glorious.

They didn't last long, and why, I don't know, because damn those things were good.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The 90s man...

Waking up at 6 am on Saturdays to watch cartoons

Watching FoxKids (Power Rangers!) and other cartoons after school

Getting comic books and SI in the mail

Getting cereal and food samples in the mail

Actual toys in cereal boxes, not stupid codes

Kids meals at Taco Bell

3D Doritos (complete in the to-go cup, made to fit in your car's cup holder!)

Other weird food stuff like Lunchables, Fruit Roll Ups, Surge soda, etc.

Nintendo 64

Eating out was a rare reward, and not a daily/weekly trend

I actually liked going to the library as a kid getting non-fiction science books, and that excitement I felt when I found a popular Disney movie

Not being criticized on my food choices

School field trips to actual places (science museum, zoo, nature preserves, etc). Now all schools do is take them to the nearest college campus or downtown to simulate a 9-5 job. Seriously, that's a thing.

The malls (KB Toys FTW)

2000s NFL football

And that's just the top of my head lol...

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
God those were good. That was back in the days when I could eat about 12 million calories per day and end up losing a pound or two because I did some sort of physical exertion like, you know, walk a mile or something. And I could plow through a large one of those by myself, all that meat and cheese ... glorious, just fucking glorious.

I'm still a Pizza Hut fan, but I miss it when they served the pan pizzas in that big skillet that sizzled on the way to your table.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I kinda miss the sit down pizza restaurant. Anyone remember RoundTable Pizza? Shakey’s? Those were probably SoCal things, but still.

For the East Coast... Maryland Fried Chicken. Truly next level.

RamFanInPC

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A lot of good stuff in here. (y)

Society was more trusting. Meaning... Your starting point on everything was more positive.

The guy walking down the street... is just a nice man out for a walk. Not a guy that could be a pervert so, keep the kids away.

Hitch hiking was rather safe. “That person needs help”. Today... You think the person must be trouble.

You left the house as a kid, came home at dinner. Never checked in. Never felt the need... it’s not dinner time yet. :D
Or having to worry about that guy walking down the street whether or not he is going to cold DNA rifle you

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I kinda miss the sit down pizza restaurant. Anyone remember RoundTable Pizza? Shakey’s? Those were probably SoCal things, but still.

I still habe a round table pizza in my neighborhood.
Its great pizza.
My kids barely eat any other brand because of it.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I miss my parents. They were gone in an instant it seems.

I miss waking up and running on the beach.

I miss really good Chinese buffets.

I miss when the media reported the news not contorted it.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

Both Shakeys and Round Table still exist, in fact I just took out lunch from the Shakeys in Anaheim a couple of weeks ago, thin crust (Hawaiian of course :biggrin:, sorry couldn’t resist) and those mojo potatoes, still the same, except it’s more pricey now

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I still habe a round table pizza in my neighborhood.
Its great pizza.
My kids barely eat any other brand because of it.

I have one local too in Fountain Valley, better be ready to kick down 26.00 for a large, but oh yeah, they make a pretty decent pizza.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I miss the Pizza Hut of 1985. Get a pitcher of beer, the cheese actually stretched, the toppings were diced small and the pan pizza crust was cooked all the way through.
Yummy.

We lived next door to a pizza hut back in the late 70s when they used to make high quality pizzas. It was one of the first in Australia. Our back yard was right next to their kitchen area.

The smell that came out of there was intoxicating. As a kid there was no greater aroma in the world. Naturally when our parents took us there for dinner now and then we used to inhale the pizzas whole.

In the 80s all you can eat arrived and the quality dipped. Once the take away shops opened it was the end for their pizzas. The smell that came out of those places made you want to vomit.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Walter Cronkite. I miss someone just reporting the damn news and not putting a spin on it.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Lookie what I found ... heh.

I worked in a Happy Joes Pizza in the early 80's in WI. We had a deep dish pizza similar only without the extra crust. It went like this. Pizza dough, sauce, ingredients, and then cheese on top. The thing would take 45 minutes to cook. Each Sunday night I would make a large one for myself to take home. My wife and I would get 3 meals out of it. Since the owner was an ass, I never paid for it. Just wrote up a to-go ticket in case he came in. Not my fault if the guy doesn't show to pick it up.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

Spent many a Friday night with family and friends at Shakey’s Pizza in the late ‘60’s to mid ‘70’s in Arkansas.
Good memories.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You misspelled "crime against humanity".

:)

I remember back around that time Pizza Hut had this concoction called a Priazzo:

View attachment 38059

They didn't last long, and why, I don't know, because damn those things were good.

I had no idea what that was until you posted the knock off recipe.

Crust
A layer of sauce
A layer of pizza toppings
Another layer of crust
More sauce
More toppings
More cheese

That’s thick!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I had no idea what that was until you posted the knock off recipe.

Crust
A layer of sauce
A layer of pizza toppings
Another layer of crust
More sauce
More toppings
More cheese

That’s thick!

And man, they were soooo damn good. Reading the recipe, I guess the time to prepare was the thing that killed them. Too bad. They were worth the wait to me.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
yeah, because of the layer of pizza toppings inside, they couldn't premake the lower portion with a partial bake.

I never got to have one, but everyone I knew who did just raved about it...

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I miss prank phone calls, I miss neighborhood basketball, I miss summer break, I miss paying for one movie and going to 3, and I miss break dancing (there was a time I could move a bit)

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Fixing to miss my daughter this weekend. We take her off to college Friday. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal to me but it's starting to set in a bit. Baby girl is fixing to spread her wings and Dad is suddenly feeling a little melancholy.
I know how you feel. We are delivering my son, our youngest, to college on August 20. He will be only 110 miles away but he won’t be in the house to say “I love you too dad”.