What is something you really miss.......

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
I miss my home in San Diego (Granite Hills in the east county actually). It was on a hill with a wonderful view of the valley below. We had a beautiful redwood deck in the backyard for the view. I had it set up with a retractable shade cloth for summer days and had a really comfortable patio set on the deck and a portable fire pit. It was my son and his friends preferred spot to hang out on weekends but I enjoyed it immensely. I would spend countless hours out there with a cold beer and munchies doing whatever.

I truly miss that house. When I bought it I thought it was going to be my retirement home. I would have kept it if I could. I loved the freedom to just move around in it. It was comfortable and secure. It's where, as a single parent I raised my son and the home he has said more than once he will forever remember as his "real" home.

Having that home environment is what I really missed. Living in Mexico was fun and nice, but it was more like an extended vacation. I guess that is why I'm searching for a new home to purchase. I guess I'm trying to recapture that lifestyle. I sit on my nephew's patio and watch the coyotes, rabbits, squirrels, javelinas, owls, hawks, and assorted other wildlife. It got me to wanting my own place as it brought all those memories back.

Speaking of which my realtor is going to talk to some friends that flip houses and they are going to look for something that fits my requirements that they can buy cheap because it needs a lot of "fixing". They will remodel it and resell it to me at a prenegotiated price. For anyone thinking of buying or even selling a home, it's something you should consider. If you are buying you know exactly what you are getting with no nasty expensive repairs needed after you purchase the home. If you are selling and the house needs work why put money into it just to sell it? When you add in the cost of a realtor and the remodel you probably won't make as much profit as you think.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I miss the 1980’s.

The best decade ever, IMO.... we had “everything”.... Modern infrastructure, central heat/air, color TV... a lot of stuff...

But we weren’t connected and online like today. It was more simple.

I love a lot about the internet, but those days were different. People were people.

I guess... You had to live it, to know what I mean.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Steve Irwin, not feeling like an ATM, cars you can work on, Walter Cronkite, my father, believing that deep down people are good........

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Civility and honest discussions of differences.

It reminds me about Ronald Reagan & Tip O"Neil they disagreed about many things, but they would get together work out their differences agree on what was best for the country and then toast with really good Scotch....Yes @OldSchool & @CGI_Ram (80's) I miss those days very, very, much.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember when I could enjoy the Rams and the NFL without politics. I miss that terribly.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Plasma TV's

Blockbuster video culture

Quality radio stations, see*

Enchiritos at Taco Bell

*Billboard top 100 that includes actual bands who play instruments

Being 25 and heading off to the mountains with friends to escape, drink, smoke, campfire cook and shoot guns

My two best friends who aren't here anymore

FREE delivery from Pizza hut

Sports without Twitter

Wet monsoons in AZ

My '79 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I was reminded by a radio DJ over the weekend that it was the 39 year anniversary of MTV. I clearly remember watching MTV back then for the very 1st time. It was awesome. All they played were music videos 24/7.

I really miss that. Now... you damn near can't even find a music video.

MTV shouldn't even be allowed to call themselves by that name anymore.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The 80's were fun.
This weekend, I watched a documentary on the Go Go's. I wasn't even a fan, but I was glued to it being from that era.

I miss coming home and checking the answering machine. Also, not knowing who is calling you before picking up the phone. (In most cases)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
News outlets that at least attempted to provide an unbiased product.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Being a kid and kicking it with buddies and not having a care in the world. Things change so fast. You spend your childhood wishing you were old enough to do (fill in the blank) until one day you are and responsibilities come with it and at that point you find yourself pining for the past but now it's too late to go back and truly enjoy being a kid because time moves forward only. Now my son is the one wanting to be older to do whatever and I try to get him to enjoy being a kid and not wishing time away but sadly just like me he wont fully understand what I'm telling him until it's too late but thems the breaks I guess.

Also miss being 7 years old and younger. That was when my dad and i would spend time together before he married my stepmom and had my siblings and casted me off (because stepmom didn't want me living with them) to be raised by my grandparents. That's why I refer to my grandparents as my parents.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I miss the people in my life who passed away suddenly. I miss my cousin Irv. I miss my uncle Danny. Hell, I miss my cats and my dog.

You hear so many people say in fiction that death is just the next big journey. I don't know if I believe that.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Fixing to miss my daughter this weekend. We take her off to college Friday. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal to me but it's starting to set in a bit. Baby girl is fixing to spread her wings and Dad is suddenly feeling a little melancholy.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Missing my Granddaughter, while we isolate.

I miss the '80's, too...watch the old MTV videos occasionally on VH1 Classic now, used to watch those for hours back in the day.

Miss my Dad. We lost him 15 years ago.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I was reminded by a radio DJ over the weekend that it was the 39 year anniversary of MTV. I clearly remember watching MTV back then for the very 1st time. It was awesome. All they played were music videos 24/7.

I really miss that. Now... you damn near can't even find a music video.

MTV shouldn't even be allowed to call themselves by that name anymore.
mtv.JPG

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I miss the 1980’s.

The best decade ever, IMO.... we had “everything”.... Modern infrastructure, central heat/air, color TV... a lot of stuff...

But we weren’t connected and online like today. It was more simple.

I love a lot about the internet, but those days were different. People were people.

I guess... You had to live it, to know what I mean.
The 80's was an attitude

I was like at a great age for the 80's

late teens , early twenties

in the 80's , you felt like to do do anything , be anything

and if you succeed , everyone was happy for your success

the future was bright with endless possibilities

it was such a positive decade

sadly , I don't think kids today will ever experience anything like that

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Drive in theaters

with family thru my younger days progressing to my mid 20’s ...well most of us have been there, I say it’s criminal they done away with them

Good Times

Last edited:

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
The late 60's and 70's. Man, the kids today don't know what they missed. Yes, some things were screwed up. But the music, the freedom of being a kid. At least where I grew up we had it. TV had 3 channels and PBS. So no one was in the house playing damn video games all day. We left the house at 8 in the morning and didn't get home till 10 a night. No phones, no one calling you to see where you were. "Mom, I'm going to Jim's house". That was enough. Shit, I had more freedom as a 14-year-old than I do today as an adult.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The only things I miss about my past are all of the dogs I had and there was a period in my twenties that I felt I knew what it was like to feel completely healthy, or just as healthy as I've ever been anyway. Otherwise, this time now that I spend with my wife and kids is the best time of my life.

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I miss albums.

I remember going to the record store and (depending on when) buying a new record, cassette or CD on the day of release, rushing home and, while reading the liner notes and following the lyrics, listening to the whole album in the order intended by the artist. Some of my favorite songs from that time were deep tracks that never received radio play but, for me, were the best songs that had the most lasting impact.