What is our current salary cap for 2024?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
With 48 mil why do they have to restructure anybody? Kick it down the road? Sign some of our own, a couple of incoming vets and have another good draft.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What could $80 million get you?

The estimates are from PFF

L'Jarius Snead Three years, $52.5 million ($17.5 million per year), $35 million total guaranteed
Danielle Hunter Three years, $65 million ($21.67 million per year), $40 million total guaranteed
Kevin Dotson Four years, $69 million ($17.25 million per year), $41.25 million total guaranteed
Coleman Shelton Three years, $16 million ($5.33 million), $8.5 million
Jordan Fuller Two years, $9.25 million ($4.625 million per year), $6.25 million total guaranteed

That adds up to $66 million.. leaving you 14 more to round out roster with vet min and lower end vets.
This is assuming top of the market deals, imo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

L'Jarius Snead Three years, $52.5 million ($17.5 million per year), $35 million total guaranteed
Danielle Hunter Three years, $65 million ($21.67 million per year), $40 million total guaranteed
Kevin Dotson Four years, $69 million ($17.25 million per year), $41.25 million total guaranteed
Jordan Fuller Two years, $9.25 million ($4.625 million per year), $6.25 million total guaranteed

That adds up to $66 million.. leaving you 14 more to round out roster with vet min and lower end vets.
Need cap for draft picks.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We could also backload Snead and Dotson to take more of the hits for when Stafford and AD come off the books, so I definitely think this is doable.

Here's to hoping we go big, because these moves would allow us to focus on offensive depth in the draft and make us legit Super Bowl contenders

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
We could also backload Snead and Dotson to take more of the hits for when Stafford and AD come off the books, so I definitely think this is doable.

Here's to hoping we go big, because these moves would allow us to focus on offensive depth in the draft and make us legit Super Bowl contenders
My thoughts, exactly. This is assuming an expensive year one, which they don't need to do.
They could backload a bunch.. reducing the need for some of the restructuring.

To me.. if they ended up with Snead and Hunter? I'd ABSOLUTELY be trading back to get as much quality depth and young athleticism for D and special teams that I could get.

Ram65

Legend
Glad you guys are figuring all this out. OK trying to figure all this out.

Resigning Dotson should be a priority. The Rams don't need to go backward on the O Line rebuild. Sheldon has to be a big consideration too.

AD and Turner need another pass rusher. Would be nice to get a maturing veteran in FA but, not too mature.

Add speed at LBer, Safety, and WR at some point.

It's gotten really hard to keep up with all the moving parts when it comes to the salary cap. The Rams management team has been able to turn on a dime working the salary cap. I expect some great moves to help the Rams make another Championship run next year.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

Have they seen Fuller play, lol? I don’t think he’s coming back. There will be several vets and draftees whom could replace him.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Have they seen Fuller play, lol? I don’t think he’s coming back. There will be several vets and draftees whom could replace him.
Yeah.. I kinda put him as a placeholder.
He wasn’t very good.. but I’m not sure they go with a rookie & Yeast isn’t an answer imo.
I wonder where Lake ends up.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Yeah.. I kinda put him as a placeholder.
He wasn’t very good.. but I’m not sure they go with a rookie & Yeast isn’t an answer imo.
I wonder where Lake ends up.
He probably won’t hit the open market, but Antoine Winfield would be my top target in free agency this year.

WestCoastRam

Legend

From your lips to God Kroenke's ears

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think people are gonna be surprised about how many players the Rams let go this offseason.

McVay already alluded to a lot of players leaving. Don't have the video but I remember seeing him say it.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
In McVay's pressor he alluded to the improved cap situation and said (paraphrasing) 'we want to resign some of our guys'. Sure there will be guys moving on but "surprised at how many"? Prolly not more than any normal year.

We can speculate on who "our guys" are but I'd bet Shelton, Dotson and Alaric are 3 of them.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
In McVay's pressor he alluded to the improved cap situation and said (paraphrasing) 'we want to resign some of our guys'. Sure there will be guys moving on but "surprised at how many"? Prolly not more than any normal year.

We can speculate on who "our guys" are but I'd bet Shelton, Dotson and Alaric are 3 of them.

Sure hope so on the three O-Linemen.

As far as the 'improved cap situation' ... ANY free agent signed would represent an improvement over 2023.

The Rams were the only team in the League to not sign another team's free agent during Free Agency in 2023.
All the veterans the Rams signed last off-season (Witherspoon, Robinson, Rypien, the two Johnsons) were signed Post-Draft and to veteran minimum contracts (or very close to it).

I the Rams sign a back-up long snapper in March and April, THAT would be more than last off-season.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The thing is how do THEY feel about the roster? They see these guys everyday.......we see them on Sundays. The staff did yeoman work with all that dead money......a 10 win season with playoffs. Now they have experienced youth, better draft capital and more cap space.....what can they do with that? Gotta like our chances for significant improvement.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Turf Show Times is being a bit more down-to-Earth about our cap space:

They say our effective cap space is currently $25.9 million, although that number can be increased.
OTC has it now at $29M with 50 players under contract. It dropped from $44M to 29M after they added a dozen or so players from the PS to the roster. I also assume they added in the earned incentives for the players from this past season.

To open more space they will likley restructure Stafford's contract since his base salary is high, at $31M. They can convert a portion to bonus and open up $10M to $15M, depending how much they want to kick down the road. The good thing is Donald & Kupp will be off the cap in 2 yrs, so they could kick some of Stafford's cap $$ into the future because there will likley be more room to handle it.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I would be happy to see the Rams resign their top FAs and sign a quality Edge or CB in free agency while addressing all other needs in the draft.