What if Sean McVay is really an asshole?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
WTF is wrong now? People always looking to stir the pot. This team finally has a winning coach and they want to find reasons to dislike him? Why don't you think back to the Fisher days before stirring the pot. He's built a winning culture and one that FAs want come to. Until you have some concrete reasons to point to what's with the idle speculation?

If Sean won 3 consecutive SB's people will invent reasons to hate him IMO.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Get Spags and his four pillars back here, STAT!!!

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Head coaches need to have at least some asshole in them for when the time is right. See: Noll, Parcels, Belicheat, Lombardi. In contrast Robinson was a great coach but seemed too nice in comparison.

fearsomefour

Legend
He may be.
Mostly highly driven competitive people have that as part of their personality.
Who cares if he wins?
I sure don’t.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well no one here knows or can ever know since we will never know him in a personal capacity. nor should we care I can assure you McVay doesn’t wanna hang out with you either.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well no one here knows or can ever know since we will never know him in a personal capacity. nor should we care I can assure you McVay doesn’t wanna hang out with you either.
oY32fMN.gif

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Is he in general idk, but he's being an asshole to his QB and he better get his head on straight and recognize what he has in Goff or we can go back to being the losers of the NFL for another 15 to 20 years

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Get Spags and his four pillars back here, STAT!!!

I thought that was a good concept. Like I don't want a team with divas or makes headlines for things not done on Sundays.

At least they tried to do the right thing and implement a culture.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My impression falls back on expectations. McVay designs these masterful (in his mind) plays and expects flawless execution. When his expectations are not met, the only rational he has is to criticize those running the plays (Goff).

Personally, I think he’s an egomaniac. He thrives on having hot air blown up his arse. I am over hearing Sneed and him on the microphones.

Quoting Elvis Presley, “A little less conversation, a little more action, please”

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, not since I told him to stop texting me during games to ask for advice.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
WTF is wrong now? People always looking to stir the pot. This team finally has a winning coach and they want to find reasons to dislike him? Why don't you think back to the Fisher days before stirring the pot. He's built a winning culture and one that FAs want come to. Until you have some concrete reasons to point to what's with the idle speculation?

I don’t think anyone is taking this to be a “should we fire McVay” thread. Rather, the issue is whether his public persona of Mr. Nice Guy might be a facade. As many have noted, as long as we win, it might not matter.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Weren't you the one that posted after every game ragging on Brandon Staley early in the season?

Talk about stirring a pot...

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coaching lingo is all about perspective.
Asshole=Passionate
Demanding=Precise
Difficult=Uncompromising
Yada yada. You ain’t playing football ‘cause you want to knit sweaters, buttercup. I think he is too easy on his team, myself.