What Grade Do The Rams Get For This Draft?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
I don’t grade drafts anymore but if I had to guess I’d say in 5 years we will look back and see this as a D.

Lots of role players and maybe no starters let alone pro bowlers. More help is with depth now players.

But we will see.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm sure he clicked on the wrong icon...I always believe that when others (very few) click "Different Opinion."

@Badfinger
tenor.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Always cracks me up the complaints on Kiser and guys like him being a 2 down LB. What do people think happens when we go nickle or dime packages? They take pass rushers off the field? A run defending ILB is naturally the guy going to be taken off the field when it's obvious passing downs. We already have an ILB that can cover we needed a guy who could defend the run.

fearsomefour

Legend
Always cracks me up the complaints on Kiser and guys like him being a 2 down LB. What do people think happens when we go nickle or dime packages? They take pass rushers off the field? A run defending ILB is naturally the guy going to be taken off the field when it's obvious passing downs. We already have an ILB that can cover we needed a guy who could defend the run.
Agreed.
I wanted the Rams to pursue a FA LB that well could have been a two down LB.....dat run D doh.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These are my opinions for better or worse:
Joseph Noteboom: B - Developmental guy with potential to be a starting LT. But his film didn't blow me away.

Brian Allen: F - I hope I'm wrong on this one, but it came out of nowhere. He's similar to his brother, who went undrafted a couple years ago and is already out of the NFL. Kromer is a genius, though, so we'll see what he can do. I would have strongly preferred Tony Adams, who went undrafted.

John Franklin-Myers: B - He's another developmental guy with potential. I've heard good things about him.

Micah Kiser: A - Great fit in the scheme as a thumper next to Barron. Has some coverage limitations and lacks sideline-to-sideline speed, but he'll do the dirty work against the run. We needed a guy like him.

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo: A+ - Had a top 60 grade on him. Not the greatest run defender, but he can drop into coverage and is a very crafty pass rusher with great quickness.

John Kelly: A - Loved this pick. Had a 3rd/4th round grade on him. He's not the fastest guy, but he's very difficult to tackle, can be a major contributor in the passing game, and can carry the load if Gurley is injured. He had better rushing numbers than Alvin Kamara at Tennessee in 2016.

Jamil Demby: A - It's a good pick. Demby has all the attributes we look for in a guard in this scheme. And I always like college LTs moving inside.

Sebastian Joseph: F - I have no idea whom this guy is.

Trevon Young: B - Young is a do-it-all SOLB type. He was a highly regarded guy before the hip injury. We'll see if he can regain some the juice as he distances himself from the injury. If he can, he'll offer some pass rush potential. If he can't, he won't.

Travin Howard: B+ - This is a Bones pick. I wouldn't be surprised if he's another Daren Bates for us. Small LB but very fast and productive.

Justin Lawler: B - I like the thought here. He's a productive try-hard guy who's a bit of a tweener in most schemes. It's worth a flier at this point in the Draft.

Overall, I'd give the draft a B. It's not as good as it could have been, but that's JMO.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I don’t grade drafts anymore but if I had to guess I’d say in 5 years we will look back and see this as a D.

Lots of role players and maybe no starters let alone pro bowlers. More help is with depth now players.

But we will see.
The Rams are loaded with starters, so getting depth and role players is an important thing. Plus even though you say you don't grade drafts, by saying in 5 years you'll probably give it a D, you already did grade the draft. For not having a 1st or 2nd round pick, I think the Rams probably were trying to get role players and depth, and maybe eventually a starter or two.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
The Allen pick is odd to me, as others have mentioned. Just not big enough for a starting C, just as Blythe is not.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I give it a C.

But I will trade that grade for a 6th next year!

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I hope I'm wrong on this one, but it came out of nowhere. He's similar to his brother, who went undrafted a couple years ago and is already out of the NFL. Kromer is a genius, though, so we'll see what he can do. I would have strongly preferred Tony Adams, who went undrafted.
Brian Allen was a solid starter for the Spartans - gives the Rams good depth at each of the interior line spots.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love me some Micah Kiser watched him many times at UVA ,he's a Thumper and produces one hell of a roll.

Totally Agree! I was really wanting the Rams to draft Kiser or Jewell so I am thrilled they got Kiser! I think he will be a perfect fit behind the Rams defensive line and I think he will contribute early in his career!

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I like it. No Brian Leonards in the second lol.

OL depth was discussed as a major need and we addressed it. Non familiar guys must have been scouted well if we drafted them that high.

I like athletic LBs/DEs late too. If they don't develop into starters, we at least got some solid special teamers.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Get a Trevon, get a Travin, but lose a Tavon?
Comes out to a T+

A bit more seriously -- IMO, really just a vague, gut feeling, with our roster in win now mode, I don't think we can afford as many red shirt years like past rosters or guys who have flashed pre-season "potential". With 11 picks, just seems like too many guys and not enough places to stash them -- even incl. the PS. Also, not sure one camp is enough time to evaluate the more project-like projects. I was hoping Rams would trade for 2019 draft assets.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Brian Allen: F - I hope I'm wrong on this one, but it came out of nowhere. He's similar to his brother, who went undrafted a couple years ago and is already out of the NFL. Kromer is a genius, though, so we'll see what he can do. I would have strongly preferred Tony Adams, who went undrafted.
So explain please how you think someone th Rams drafted is worse than someone whom no one drafted?:thinking:

Psycho_X

Legend
Not sure if this goes here but I love it. Anyway, I give it a B. Some reaches, some great values. Overall, should fill all the needs we had.