What do you do next?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
We’ve released some players.

We’ve traded some players.

There may be more to come, like A Rob.

We don’t have much cap space. 2024 we do. But now we don’t, unless we spend early.

We have 11 draft picks.

How much do you press the pedal this 2023 offseason?

What is your next move?
I don't know what I'd do, but I feel McVay and Snead use the first half of this season to evaluate what they need and go after any big names in FA next season. They were willing to give away our first for next year and more to obtain Burns last season. I don't see them using the draft to build this roster.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stafford and Donald are not likely to be around for more than another season or two
Yeah it's possible we're a totally different team in 2024 with no recognizables at all. Could be a complete reload by that training camp.

But this offseason has just begun. Long way to go and we have all kinds of time for grades and expectations once we actually see what we're gonna have.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah it's possible we're a totally different team in 2024 with no recognizables at all. Could be a complete reload by that training camp.

But this offseason has just begun. Long way to go and we have all kinds of time for grades and expectations once we actually see what we're gonna have.

Sure, too early to grade anything. I'm also pretty sure those first three draft picks taken in the 2'nd and 3'rd rounds will have purpose, although we may not all understand that at the time they are announced.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@CGI_Ram ..asking for my friend in Kansas. What is, “Grabbing your ankles CGI?” @Loyal sorry about the Jayhawks today.

Turducken

Starter
1. Draft well in 23
2. Play young talent next year
3. Lose most of our games
4. Retire AD
5. Draft in top 8 in 2024
6. Sign a few quality FA's
7. Make the playoffs in 24

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
1. Draft well in 23
2. Play young talent next year
3. Lose most of our games
4. Retire AD
5. Draft in top 8 in 2024
6. Sign a few quality FA's
7. Make the playoffs in 24
Jennifer Lawrence Ok GIF

TexasRam

Legend
I follow the Chiefs blueprint from last years "reload"

Rebuild the Oline. I am on board with Merlin and others who want Seumalo. If we could nail down a plus guard and maybe get lucky in the draft with maybe a center, hope Jackson can hold down LT? Whatever it takes to put that Oline together. It's amazing how much better your QB and WR and RB's look when the Oline is winning the battle at the LOS.

The Chiefs had one go-to WR in Kelce. Our Kupp basically. They then put numerous capable dudes around him after shipping out Tyreek. Juju, Valdes-scantling, Toney etc. We can do the same with Tutu, Powell, Skowronek etc now that they have been in the system for awhile.

Defense - The Chiefs rolled in the secondary with a bunch of rookies that played lights out. Let's nail our draft and watch the waiver wire/late cuts for secondary dudes. The Chiefs got excellent LB play from Gay and Bolton on the inside, lets pair Jones with another solid inside guy that can cover ground. The Chiefs have basically Chris Jones and then some speed on the edge. We all know what to do there. Nail an edge guy in the draft. Maybe add a Fowler type later in the year if needed. Lastly, the Chiefs defense was better then the sum of its parts because Spags scheme. I would bring in a new DC but that probably is not in the cards till 2024 since no one bit on Morris. Perhaps Mcvay can talk scheme change with Morris. The overall scheme is fine as a base concept, it just needs less predictablilty and tighter coverage at times. QB's should never get an easy read and completion.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm just gonna lower my expectations for the '23 season and look forward to the $100 mil of cap space for the next offseason. No FA will be unattainable and with that much cap space we can frontload some contracts to keep out of cap hell down the road.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just gonna lower my expectations for the '23 season and look forward to the $100 mil of cap space for the next offseason. No FA will be unattainable and with that much cap space we can frontload some contracts to keep out of cap hell down the road.
What can we all do? Join the Navy as deck apes.. ~ @thirteen28

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
-Trade ARob
-Cut Brian Allen
-Make Shelton starting C
-Sign Guard D. Risner or Center C. McGovern (slide Shelton to LG and have him compete with a rookie and Anchrum)
-Trade or cut Higbee
-Have the greatest draft in NFL history

Also, Rams gonna need to fucking figure out what they wanna do with Jordan Fuller. If he's not gonna start, time to let him go.

Last edited:

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I'm assuming there is more contract reworking we can do to free up some cap space.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
What concerns me is what do we have as a team.......today?

Maybe our practice squad are all-pro?

So far this is most perplexing off season I can remember.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm assuming there is more contract reworking we can do to free up some cap space.

Yes they can, but why are you sure the Rams would WANT to kick more CAP debt down the road ? At least at this time ? If still necessary to fill out our roster after the draft and UDFA period, maybe then they restructure some contracts to add a few cheap tier 2 free agents.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I follow the Chiefs blueprint from last years "reload"

Rebuild the Oline. I am on board with Merlin and others who want Seumalo. If we could nail down a plus guard and maybe get lucky in the draft with maybe a center, hope Jackson can hold down LT? Whatever it takes to put that Oline together. It's amazing how much better your QB and WR and RB's look when the Oline is winning the battle at the LOS.

The Chiefs had one go-to WR in Kelce. Our Kupp basically. They then put numerous capable dudes around him after shipping out Tyreek. Juju, Valdes-scantling, Toney etc. We can do the same with Tutu, Powell, Skowronek etc now that they have been in the system for awhile.

Defense - The Chiefs rolled in the secondary with a bunch of rookies that played lights out. Let's nail our draft and watch the waiver wire/late cuts for secondary dudes. The Chiefs got excellent LB play from Gay and Bolton on the inside, lets pair Jones with another solid inside guy that can cover ground. The Chiefs have basically Chris Jones and then some speed on the edge. We all know what to do there. Nail an edge guy in the draft. Maybe add a Fowler type later in the year if needed. Lastly, the Chiefs defense was better then the sum of its parts because Spags scheme. I would bring in a new DC but that probably is not in the cards till 2024 since no one bit on Morris. Perhaps Mcvay can talk scheme change with Morris. The overall scheme is fine as a base concept, it just needs less predictablilty and tighter coverage at times. QB's should never get an easy read and completion.
Couple major differences.

First they massively upgraded their OL - we haven't!

Second they have a better ol which affords Mahomes more time plus he is a scrambler Stafford is not!

Third the defense is run by a first rate DC we have a 3rd rate DC. Their DC pressures our DC sits back.

Please look at both teams and most of the success comes from a Mahomes/their stout OL.

oldnotdead

Legend
Something doesn't add up right now. We aren't seeing the entire picture. The Rams have about $11.2 M in cap space right now. Their draft picks will take close to $10 M to sign if Snead doesn't start trading the picks. But they could clear about another $9M by designating Ramsey's trade post June 1. After having a reserve of about $4M for the season that still leave $5-$6M in clear cap. It's not like Snead to leave that money sitting there unused.

They could have signed Gaines, but they made a decision in December when they claimed Murchison they weren't going to bring Gaines back. That part of Snead's plan is clear now. They had the money to bring Scott back but they didn't. I think we could see one post June 1 FA signing. That kind of money would get them a decent FA to play for that cap-friendly number this year with an escalation next year when they have more money.

Case in point that was Ngakoue's cap hit for the Colts last year. I'm not saying it's him that is targeted. The reason that Ngakoue might not have been signed by anyone is perhaps there are questions about his health coming off throat surgery in December. Regardless all I'm suggesting is that any FA acquisition like that wouldn't be a one year rental. I think we are done seeing Snead with his one year rentals. He got the Lombardi that way but this year is the cost of that Super Bowl win. Ngakoue would change the whole completion of the DLine.

JACK Ngakoue
DT Donald
NT Brown/Murchison (Larrell rotating in on passing downs)
DE Hoecht

Yannick is an upgrade to Fowler as a pass rusher. They look to lose something inside with the loss of Gaines, but perhaps not as much as it might seem right now. If Hoecht trims down and regains his speed he can be a force at DE with a year of coaching up at the DE position.

Again Ngakoue would seem a logical target for Snead, but regardless it seems to me that Snead has plans for that extra cap clearance he could gain by designating Ramsey as a June 1 transaction. It would give Snead cap room for one impact player. Not having to use that second round pick on an edge would change the whole draft approach by the Rams. They have 3 day two picks, and Snead can get 3 quality rookies with that. CB, LB, RB, Center would all seem logical choices. The center pick would be assuming Shelton is the starter in 2024 and Allen is released in 2024 if not before.