We're all pissed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
7-3 in a 17 game season. I'll take that. LETS GO RAMS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellard80

Legend
No doubt... but Shanahan has somehow been able to outwit the Rams.

His first half drives last week were a great example of effective ball control tactics. He would have a ring if he had done that in the second half of the Super Bowl with Atlanta.
yeah we match up poorly with them... i mean i see why a little bit - but its kind of baffling.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
yeah we match up poorly with them... i mean i see why a little bit - but its kind of baffling.
The offense would do better if McVay didn't panic and abandon the run when we get behind early. But the defense lets us get behind early because they won't adapt to what the 49ers do. Other teams take the short stuff away and make them throw further down the field where more mistakes happen. Our defense won't do that. We gave a down and out team new life for the season.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
We have 4-5 tough games left ahead to get try and get back on track. The Pecker(s), Crows, Cards, the Whiners and Chickens again and the Vikes too.
We will see if the guys can right the ship. I'm hoping that this is a mid season funk, and that the Rams will avoid any more injuries and start playing sharper, like they did early on.

IMO, this team is headed for a 11-6 or with any luck (no more injuries), perhaps a 12-5 season. In either event they're virtually locked into a wild card role, hopefully 5th position. This will likely result with a road game versus Green Bay...question being, can McVay reverse last years result against the same opponent?

A lot of discussion on this thread re: what's wrong with the Rams, etc. I'm surprised one of the most obvious reasons has essentially been ignored...this team does not match up well with physical teams either offensively and/or defensively. They're excellent at motion and finesse, but bullies often get their way. The Rams are just not physical enough, that and the fact they're back ups are inexperienced and let's face it, they've lost a ton of valuable subs and coaches this season.

When the starters are healthy, I'd put this team up against any of them, I believe the Bucks game earlier proved that point. But unfortunately this season appears to be a (return to the mean) when it comes to injuries. There simply isn't the depth on this roster to sustain the level of play required to successfully compete for the division title....as for losing 5 straight versus the San Frisco sicko's, considering where it's located, voodoo is suspected.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
IMO, this team is headed for a 11-6 or with any luck (no more injuries), perhaps a 12-5 season. In either event they're virtually locked into a wild card role, hopefully 5th position. This will likely result with a road game versus Green Bay...question being, can McVay reverse last years result against the same opponent?

A lot of discussion on this thread re: what's wrong with the Rams, etc. I'm surprised one of the most obvious reasons has essentially been ignored...this team does not match up well with physical teams either offensively and/or defensively. They're excellent at motion and finesse, but bullies often get their way. The Rams are just not physical enough, that and the fact they're back ups are inexperienced and let's face it, they've lost a ton of valuable subs and coaches this season.

When the starters are healthy, I'd put this team up against any of them, I believe the Bucks game earlier proved that point. But unfortunately this season appears to be a (return to the mean) when it comes to injuries. There simply isn't the depth on this roster to sustain the level of play required to successfully compete for the division title....as for losing 5 straight versus the San Frisco sicko's, considering where it's located, voodoo is suspected.
I agree with everything but the projected win total I'm afraid. Due to the reasons you listed, I just don't see the Rams matching up physically with some of our remaining opponents.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
After taking a few days off from here to chill out I can make a more level headed assessment. Some of you might disagree with me but I believe Stafford is a notch better than Goff, but somehow I suspect that we'd still be 7-3 with Goff this season. (Plus having two first rounders). That said, I don't see anything exceedingly "special" from Stafford in the big games. Now I get that the pick 6 against the whiners wasn't his fault but still, the turnovers killed us.

I also don't get how we're consistently starting slow. I can't even recall us having an early 7-0 nothing lead other than against the Texans.

Now of course something could change and the bye week could be the magic we need. But I just somehow don't see anything "special" about this particular Rams team. Nothing that wows me. We have a decent record and would be leading most other divisions other than the NFC west.

But in super bowl runs, you usually see some magic. It could happen but I just haven't seen it yet.

Stop turning over the ball, play better defense and get off to better starts. That's how we get back into contending for the title. Easier said than done I guess.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just enjoyed a full week of no football. I watched a few minutes of yesterday's games, but with the sound off. (How about that Bears v Ravens game in the final minutes? Bears gonna Bear!). I take t6his team and this sport too seriously and so I got away from it all for a bit. I didn't even come here until today, because I didn't like some of my responses. I don't like being mean, but I felt I was responding that way, for which I apologize...... At least we are getting into @den-the-coach and my favorite season!

xBXf8uK.png

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
At least we are getting into @den-the-coach and my favorite season!

xBXf8uK.png

All the leaves are brown (all the leaves are brown)
And the sky is gray (and the sky is gray)
I've been for a walk (I've been for a walk)
On a winter's day (on a winter's day)
I'd be safe and warm (I'd be safe and warm)
If I was in L.A. (if I was in L.A.)
California dreamin' (California dreamin')
On such a winter's day

Tano

Legend
I just enjoyed a full week of no football. I watched a few minutes of yesterday's games, but with the sound off. (How about that Bears v Ravens game in the final minutes? Bears gonna Bear!). I take t6his team and this sport too seriously and so I got away from it all for a bit. I didn't even come here until today, because I didn't like some of my responses. I don't like being mean, but I felt I was responding that way, for which I apologize...... At least we are getting into @den-the-coach and my favorite season!

xBXf8uK.png
I hate winter in West Virginia

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
After taking a few days off from here to chill out I can make a more level headed assessment. Some of you might disagree with me but I believe Stafford is a notch better than Goff, but somehow I suspect that we'd still be 7-3 with Goff this season. (Plus having two first rounders). That said, I don't see anything exceedingly "special" from Stafford in the big games. Now I get that the pick 6 against the whiners wasn't his fault but still, the turnovers killed us.

I also don't get how we're consistently starting slow. I can't even recall us having an early 7-0 nothing lead other than against the Texans.

Now of course something could change and the bye week could be the magic we need. But I just somehow don't see anything "special" about this particular Rams team. Nothing that wows me. We have a decent record and would be leading most other divisions other than the NFC west.

But in super bowl runs, you usually see some magic. It could happen but I just haven't seen it yet.

Stop turning over the ball, play better defense and get off to better starts. That's how we get back into contending for the title. Easier said than done I guess.

The game v Colts, after that botched punt, MS goes 90+ yards and retakes the lead.

Absolutely lighting up the Bucs, MS outdueling Tommy boy.

Whooping up a few bottom feeders.

There's more than enough special on this team. These Ls don't and won't define the season.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
After taking a few days off from here to chill out I can make a more level headed assessment. Some of you might disagree with me but I believe Stafford is a notch better than Goff, but somehow I suspect that we'd still be 7-3 with Goff this season.
Steve808,
Welcome back and all but no, just no. We would be fortunate to be 5 and 5 with Goff at this point. His regression and devolution into a Captain Checkdown type of QB would have all but doomed us to be as mediocre as he is.
It is becoming more and more obvious with each passing day that Coach Mac bailed on this guy at just the right time - before he completely imploded.
Also, the three picks we gave up to ship him out was draft capital well spent and I believe when we look back on this deal it will be readily apparent.

At any rate Let's go Rams! Beat Green Bay!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Good move Stu, Thanks Brotha:clap:
After 50 plus years and many bad, I can easily summon memories of looking to next season after 10 games.
Good to be in the race for any playoff seed including #1.
You just never know
Love your passion, newbie fan..My earliest memory of Ram famdom is 1958 when I got a Rams uniform for Christmas..Hurts a little to say this, but that was over 60 years ago...Hurts as in every joint in by beat-up body...

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Love your passion, newbie fan..My earliest memory of Ram famdom is 1958 when I got a Rams uniform for Christmas..Hurts a little to say this, but that was over 60 years ago...Hurts as in every joint in by beat-up body...
My brother and I got jackets 1 year, probably 1970ish. They were the blue and whites. I wish I could find a picture.
That's a lot of football mike, sometimes I think of the Seahawks and Bucs as expansion teams. Oh the memories of all those playoff games in the 70's when either Dallas and Staubach or Minnesota and Tark would knock us out. Niners were trash so it was always Minn and Dallas that I hated as a youngster