Week 4: Rams at Chicago Vent thread. Thread will be locked in 24 hours

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We need a run plugger for the nose. Not gonna find it this year unless it is Davis developing quickly. So unlikely to change.

We need to replace two JAG ILBs. How much is it gonna take for the staff to make the move.

And offensively this is what it looks like when a bunch of depth wideouts face a good secondary. We were not gonna win a high scoring game vs that unit. It required our defense to perform at a high level and we didn't get that.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I think the thing that really stings is this was a very winnable game that the Rams just kept shooting themselves in the foot. Changes I would like to see: first and foremost, Spieghts and Hummel at ILBers; McVay relinquish play calling responsibilities; Blake Corum get Ronnie Rivers snaps; and finally, a NT that can stop the run and plug up the middle of the defense.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I just watched a short video clip of McVay. He said that he thought the defense played excellent from jump…. in the video cut off.

Maybe he clarified that later in the video -I’ll try and find the video again later. But that doesn't seem to match what I’ve been reading on the site here.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
Jared Verse needs to wrap up.

Thats the most frustrating thing. He’d be all pro as a rookie if he actually made his tackles
Hes not even close to the problem. He would have had 2 or 3 sacks today for big losses if those flags werent thrown. They have no Help up the Middle at all if they cant get the QB or RB themselves.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
I just watched a short video clip of McVay. He said that he thought the defense played excellent from jump…. in the video cut off.

Maybe he clarified that later in the video -I’ll try and find the video again later. But that doesn't seem to match what I’ve been reading on the site here.
Def wasnt Terrible, Offense was. The Fumble near thier endzone and led to a 16yd TD and failing to convert with Missed Fg on next drive and failed RZ and FG at 7yd line is what killed the game for us. Momentum Shift. That was the Difference of the Game right there.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Def wasnt Terrible, Offense was. The Fumble near thier endzone and led to a 16yd TD and failing to convert with Missed Fg on next drive and failed RZ and FG at 7yd line is what killed the game for us. Momentum Shift. That was the Difference of the Game right there.
I mean the defense gave up 24 points on 4 straight possessions. The offense moved up and down the field all day. We didn’t punt for the first time til well into the 2H. I just thought the RZ game plan sucked. McVay’s play calling in the low red was not good.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Can we win games with this defense?

The DBs and ILBs are as bad as we have ever had.
1. Tre White gets beat constantly and, when he doesnt, he is holding or drawing a PI.
2. Kam Kitchens looks the part of a rookie learning the NFL game.
3. Rozenboom and Reeder are practice squad caliber but somehow still starting over Speights.
4. The DL is great at getting off blocks but thats negated by their inability to tackle consistently or contain.
5. The defense as a whole cant stop the run, even against teams that normally cant run the ball.

Teams dont win many games with a bottom 3 defense. McVay is finding that out.
While I agree with every single item of this post, it seems to me the offense has underperformed more than the defense has. The offense is supposed to be a top unit that carries this team, but I have no confidence that they can score enough points to beat anyone.

They scored 18 today and 7 of Chicago's points was on the offensive unit. They scored a net 10. Yet most people want to talk about the defense. ‍

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our coach cost us the game. Fuck all those screens. And coach, stop trying to throw it over defenders heads in the end zone. They look pretty but too many things have to go your way.
Direct line of sight throws at or near the goal Line please. Back shoulder stuff where receiver just turns around and the ball is there.
Need something better on 3rd and long besides screens and draws. How about the deep in ? GSOT days. Throw for the yardage needed.
GSOT guys had a guy past the stick, a guy at the sticks and a guy just short of the sticks.
Run some short yardage under center out of wide formations. Make the defenders defend that space and give your RB room to do what he needs to get done.
Since when has 3rd and 1 become a automatic throw out of the shotgun formation ? STOP IT coach !. And runs out of the shotgun might work once in awhile............. but THEY SUCK !!!
Man up, keep it simple, make defenders defend space and blast them in the mouth.
THEN try and get fancy.
But this team is not good enough to be held back by their coaches poor play calling and succeed.
There should have 3-4 more DEEP SHOTS to Tu Tu coach.

The Rams were the better team and lost because of our coach who is in a rut. He has become unimaginative and predictable.

And that 2nd to last drive, we ran it twice and then threw a stupid screen. Our backs were against the wall and we needed some 10-20 yard passing plays to give us a chance, THEN deep shots.. Those first 2 runs cost us.
Wake up coach before it’s too late.
I HATE empty sets in the Red zone…basically putting a big fat target on Stafford’s jersey. All out blitz and pressures and mangling of Staffords body. Hate it hate it hate it

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Total frustration.

Defensive pass rush looked good in the first half. I imagine they were gassed by the second.

Durant is not an NFL caliber player.

Tutu was open all day.

Our offensive blocking schemes were off. A TE blocking their best player can not happen...

We beat ourselves.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Total frustration.

Defensive pass rush looked good in the first half. I imagine they were gassed by the second.

Durant is not an NFL caliber player.

Tutu was open all day.

Our offensive blocking schemes were off. A TE blocking their best player can not happen...

We beat ourselves.

Mcvay didn’t do a very good job of coaching.He’s a control Freak imo.

Shula did a nice job with the defense .I guess I was pissed at the pass on 3rd & 3. Stafford threw a INT that was reversed.I say you have to run it 2 Times for 3 yards.Try to score a TD.
If you go for it against DETROIT on 4th & 4 ? Then you need a 1st down & try to Score a TD.

Then he went away from the run & on first down he loses the game.Basically? 10-0 instead of 7-6 Bears. Look at Kyren & how he finished out that drive for a TD down 17-9 to make it 17-15.

Then at the 35 he goes away from the Run again.Passes & then a BAD timeout.Then Stafford got sacked.Karty made the 52 yard FG which gave The Rams a chance to still win it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The 66 yard Punt hurt.Kyren & the mark was poor ? I can’t remember though.Got to Blitz & messed up.Not a good day.Was very upset at the play calling.

That 36 yards TD was VERY BAD ! Don’t know whose fault,but wasn’t good ?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
That 36 yards TD was VERY BAD ! Don’t know whose fault,but wasn’t good ?

The Swift play is at 10:00.

I watched it in slow motion. Hoecht is blown up at the point of attack. Both ILBs get stuck on blocks and driven back into the Safeties. CBs are a non-factor. Deep Safetey (not sure who) seems surprised and isn`t well positioned... Total defensive failure.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx07hDJQSnw

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
While I agree with every single item of this post, it seems to me the offense has underperformed more than the defense has. The offense is supposed to be a top unit that carries this team, but I have no confidence that they can score enough points to beat anyone.

They scored 18 today and 7 of Chicago's points was on the offensive unit. They scored a net 10. Yet most people want to talk about the defense. ‍
I feel like the offensive struggles stem from injuries to star players like Kupp, Puka, Higbee, Jonah Jackson, Steve Avila, etc.

The struggles on defense are just a lack of talent.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
On the bright side…. It looks like Jared Verse is for real. Man if he can improve just a little bit the rams have found their next defensive stud to build around.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Swift play is at 10:00.

I watched it in slow motion. Hoecht is blown up at the point of attack. Both ILBs get stuck on blocks and driven back into the Safeties. CBs are a non-factor. Deep Safetey (not sure who) seems surprised and isn`t well positioned... Total defensive failure.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx07hDJQSnw

Thanks - I saw him get through the hole & was like no way, This can’t happen.
The Rams can’t give up a TD here.
This stinks.

LOURam85

Rookie
I think the thing that really stings is this was a very winnable game that the Rams just kept shooting themselves in the foot. Changes I would like to see: first and foremost, Spieghts and Hummel at ILBers; McVay relinquish play calling responsibilities; Blake Corum get Ronnie Rivers snaps; and finally, a NT that can stop the run and plug up the middle of the defense.
Rivers wasn’t the problem ya keep bringing up corum like rb was problem both rb was over 4yards a carry right now wr more of a issue outside of tutu and Whittington nobody doing anything

Tano

Legend
I hated the whole scenario where we lost Jones. My thoughts were.. “There has to be a legit reason for this”. Im not sure what it was, contractual, locker room issues, or something else. I am definitely not a fan of Reeder or Rozeboom. We will have to see how it all plays out over the season. I hated losing Ogletree and Littleton. Both turned out to be savy moves by McSnead. As of the beginning of week 4 Reeder has more tackles than Jones and Rozeboom has just 2 less. I don’t know if the lynch pin to our defensive woes is the trade of Jones. Time will tell.
The only reason they have more tackles is due to teams running more on us.

Giving 5 yards a carry is not going to cut it.

We are dead last in giving up run yardage per game.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This team is still trying to figure out who and what they are. They have two rookies (basically) starting on the offensive line and a newcomer at TE. And, with the injuries, we have a rookie starting at WR and a backup at the other WR slot.

On defense, they lost their leader (Jones), we have 2 more rookies starting on the D-line, and the secondary consists of newcomers at corner and safety, and another rookie safety. Starting TWO JAGS at linebacker does not help things.

This team is searching for an identity, IMO. They look good at times, and they look horrible at times. Not an easy problem to fix.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
For today and this week, we suck balls again. We lost to the fuckin Bears, the fuckin Bears! That alone tells me we played a shitty game that I didn't even get a chance to really watch today. Rams need to get their shit together this week, hopefully clean up the mistakes whether that be changing up play calls or trying different players. We really need to upset the Packers this week or we are going to be truly fucked at getting things on track if we end up being 1-4

Status
Not open for further replies.