Week 4: Rams at Chicago Vent thread. Thread will be locked in 24 hours

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Rams have the lowest paid defensive unit in the NFL and it is performing like it.

Rams have the highest paid offensive unit in the NFL and are 21st in scoring.

Not going to win many games with that combination.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
I just watched a short video clip of McVay. He said that he thought the defense played excellent from jump…. in the video cut off.

Maybe he clarified that later in the video -I’ll try and find the video again later. But that doesn't seem to match what I’ve been reading on the site here.
He also said you can't let people run free or something to that effect.

Tano

Legend
For today and this week, we suck balls again. We lost to the fuckin Bears, the fuckin Bears! That alone tells me we played a shitty game that I didn't even get a chance to really watch today. Rams need to get their shit together this week, hopefully clean up the mistakes whether that be changing up play calls or trying different players. We really need to upset the Packers this week or we are going to be truly fucked at getting things on track if we end up being 1-4
Unless we change Reeder and Rozeboom out, we will have an infinitesimal chance of winning.

So many times in the Chicago game, I saw Reeder and Rozeboom being blocked and not even remotely close to getting off the block to help out on the tackle.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That 2nd qtr was brutal.

Rams all over them but can't cash in with tds. Then somehow allowed stafford to be sacked and stripped inside their 30 yard line when they got cute with their blocking.

Then late in the qtr they have the chance to take the lead and can't cash in again. Then allow the bears to make a fg to lead by 4.

Just brutal. Instead of having the bears out of their comfort zone they let them nestle right into it.

Ellard80

Legend
Rams have the lowest paid defensive unit in the NFL and it is performing like it.

Rams have the highest paid offensive unit in the NFL and are 21st in scoring.

Not going to win many games with that combination.
this is true... but the injuries in my mind really hurt us in the red zone.

Kupp and Puka are even Higbee are all big red zone producers.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just watched a short video clip of McVay. He said that he thought the defense played excellent from jump…. in the video cut off.

Maybe he clarified that later in the video -I’ll try and find the video again later. But that doesn't seem to match what I’ve been reading on the site here.
They did. 0 points until that damn fumble. Then it was downhill.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stafford getting killed in 2022 led to Mcvay finally committing to the offensive line. If our defense looks like this all season maybe he'll finally commit to adding some real linebackers.

Psycho_X

Legend
I've slept on it. Not much to add. Inside linebackers are mostly useless. Inside contain is suspect. Safety help in both pass and run support seems non-existent at times. Verse is great but with all of the other problems we have he has to finish plays for this defense to be anything. Not blaming him just is what it is.

Having said all of that, the offense lost the game with turnovers and redzone issues.

Not much to be happy about. If we can manage to some how beat the Packers we'll be ok with the hope returning players will give us enough of an edge to start winning these types of games. This defense's only strength is the pass rush but we're always behind so it's been useless when needed the most.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
For today and this week, we suck balls again. We lost to the fuckin Bears, the fuckin Bears! That alone tells me we played a shitty game that I didn't even get a chance to really watch today. Rams need to get their shit together this week, hopefully clean up the mistakes whether that be changing up play calls or trying different players. We really need to upset the Packers this week or we are going to be truly fucked at getting things on track if we end up being 1-4
The Bears have one of the best Defenses in the League. Our Offense handed them the Win. I swear the Last interception on last play was on purpose. Like Stafford saying " Im tired of Bailing you all out, do something and get me someone who can run a play properly"

Ellard80

Legend

I don't think I've ever heard McVay criticize the defense.

It's like y'all haven't been watching all these years.

He seems to try to protect the coaches and players in those moments.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Until McVay pulls his head out of his ass this is a sinking ship. Also, the fact that they have devalued the middle of the defense is now a huge problem.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
I've slept on it. Not much to add. Inside linebackers are mostly useless. Inside contain is suspect. Safety help in both pass and run support seems non-existent at times. Verse is great but with all of the other problems we have he has to finish plays for this defense to be anything. Not blaming him just is what it is.

Having said all of that, the offense lost the game with turnovers and redzone issues.

Not much to be happy about. If we can manage to some how beat the Packers we'll be ok with the hope returning players will give us enough of an edge to start winning these types of games. This defense's only strength is the pass rush but we're always behind so it's been useless when needed the most.
This is exactly WHY AD RETIRED! Got Tired of being the only one doing something. Exactly why we cant make plays and Fiske/Verse have to Start and Finish them. Everyone else is useless.

Time to Trade to get some Pieces, to save the season, or Wipe out the entire team. We are worse than Panthers at this point. Trade Garappolo for a piece on defense if we can. We Lose Stafford we are dead either way. Feels Like 2011 all over again.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I wanted to come here to vent. But I got nothing. This loss took it out of me. Face it, we have a bad team. We are not going anywhere this season. The only question is how high will we draft? Because we are likely in the top 15. Stafford only has so much time left. Feels like we wasted a season. The offense isn't bad. But its not good either. The defense is very bad.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wanted to come here to vent. But I got nothing. This loss took it out of me. Face it, we have a bad team. We are not going anywhere this season. The only question is how high will we draft? Because we are likely in the top 15. Stafford only has so much time left. Feels like we wasted a season. The offense isn't bad. But its not good either. The defense is very bad.
Hang in there. If we were healthy we'd be 3-1. 70 percent of the league is 2-2 or worse right now. If we lose this week then it might be time to embrace the tank (which we won't of course but we should lol).

DeaconJones

Rookie
I wanted to come here to vent. But I got nothing.
I kind of feel the same way. It was a team loss and the Bears outplayed us. Many aspects we weren't quite good enough. It seems the Bears made good halftime adjustments for their offense because we didn't get the pressures or stop their run game as much in the second half.

I wish they had called roughing-the-passer on the last play INT to at least give Stafford a chance for some magic. The fumble deep in our zone was probably the key play of the game.

I was happy at least with how our offense moved the ball consistently throughout the game.

I see Akhello W had 9 snaps at CB - I didn't even notice that he had played. Could he have a bigger role coming up against the Packers?

I hope Blake Corum has the right attitude and knows that his time will come. I suspect he needs to improve his blocking.

Whittington's role at WR is growing every game. I can see him sliding into WR3 when Kupp and Nakua are back. But Tutu is doing a good job also.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If the Rams are unwilling (for whatever reason) to not play Hummel or Speights, there are a few FA MLB vets I'd much rather have playing then the idiots we have out there. Also, at WR, why not bring in Renfrow or another vet. Send Tyler Johnson packing, he looks like he isn't even trying out there for some reason. Renfrow could honestly help out a ton as a bail out short yardage option while Tutu gets open deep.

BTW, every single time Stafford went to Tutu deep it resulted in a big play. 100% of the time. Similar to the last game. Just sayin.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
2 plays and this is a different game. Made FG by Karty and the Strip Sack of Stafford. 2 plays...

The sky is not falling, man some of you are so negative.....

RamWoodie

Legend
I had to listen to the game on NFL.com because the streams really stunk it up. Early in the week I said I had a bad feel on this game.
As I listened early in the game the rams only led 6-0 when it should have been 10-0 at best.

After dropping the 9ers, I feared exactly what happend yesterday. Even though I was just listening I didn't think the Rams had energy and focus for this game.

I didn't even wanna hear the post game...and I didn't. The Rams have the Pack at home....could they be 1-4 going to the bye??? :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.