Week 2 Depth Chart Changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
No I’m not complaining I’m saying the smarter call would have been running the ball with Williams.

Your presumption that the same thing would have happen on a call like that has no merit, it didn’t happen on first down.

You have a right to be wrong
Your assumption that the same thing wouldn’t have happened on a different call has no basis either. McVay can’t predict which play is more likely to be ruined by a penalty that kills the touchdown.

And yes, you are complaining—about a call that worked perfectly, if not for Arcuri's ridiculous penalty.

You have the right to be wrong.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s just pure logic. Arcuri panicked when he saw Hutchinson, who had been dominating him all game, and grabbed his facemask even though Whit was already gone. A run up the middle would have likely faced the same problem. You’re complaining about a play that actually WORKED and would have been a TD if Arcuri hadn’t been the dumbest player on earth. So now McVay has to account for an unnecessary and stupid penalty before calling a play? Again : You are asking for mcvay to have a crystal ball and know before hand that a play won't work because of a penalty . It is impossible for you to say that a run up the middle play would have a smaller chance to have a penalty . It is just impossible.
100%
The Whittington play was a great design and well executed, just a damn shame Arcuri effed it up.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Your assumption that the same thing wouldn’t have happened on a different call has no basis either. McVay can’t predict which play is more likely to be ruined by a penalty that kills the touchdown.

And yes, you are complaining—about a call that worked perfectly, if not for Arcuri's ridiculous penalty.

You have the right to be wrong.
How original.

We’re done here.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm wondering whether McClendon is a guy who is comfortable flipping his feet with one week prep. Seems (going off memory here) like he has at least moonlighted at LT in camp, so maybe if Havenstein can go we'll have McClendon available at LT.

Still not ideal but it could be better to have a guy who is in shape vs a 38 year old big fella who probably isn't in post-camp shape. Have to think that would be the Rams' preference.

Depth is tight as hell too. ASSuming Hav is a go, then it looks something like...

LT McClendon < Nsekhe
LG Jackson < Bruss
C Limmer < McMahon
RG Dotson < Bruss
RT Havenstein < Geron

If we don't have Havenstein then it's much uglier...

LT Nsekhe < Geron
LG Jackson < Bruss
C Limmer < McMahon
RG Dotson < Bruss
RT McClendon < Geron

Sure hope Stafford survives this game.

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
I'm wondering whether McClendon is a guy who is comfortable flipping his feet with one week prep. Seems (going off memory here) like he has at least moonlighted at LT in camp, so maybe if Havenstein can go we'll have McClendon available at LT.

Still not ideal but it could be better to have a guy who is in shape vs a 38 year old big fella who probably isn't in post-camp shape. Have to think that would be the Rams' preference.

Depth is tight as hell too. ASSuming Hav is a go, then it looks something like...

LT McClendon < Nsekhe
LG Jackson < Bruss
C Limmer < McMahon
RG Dotson < Bruss
RT Havenstein < Geron

If we don't have Havenstein then it's much uglier...

LT Nsekhe < Geron
LG Jackson < Bruss
C Limmer < McMahon
RG Dotson < Bruss
RT McClendon < Geron

Sure hope Stafford survives this game.
Dotson didn't participate in training yesterday . Hav was limited . I am feeling both of them won't be ready .

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
For whatever it's worth, McVay said earlier today that he expects the three Questionable players (Dotson, Lake and Durant) to all play.
Wont He Do It Happy Sunday GIF by Bounce

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Davis Allen - Doubtful
Back sounds ominous. Guessing they rest him vs the Cards even if he's close to being able to go, so they can have him vs SF. He's not the biggest loss, but I'd rather face Arizona's defense without him than SF.

The thought of depending on Long to back up TE is depressing. This is where guys like him will fuck you over. The moment you actually need them they'll have some sort of issue.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
We are certainly facing a challenging beginning to this season. I truly believe in this team's depth and our head coach's ability to adjust.
The Allen injury gets buried with the OL and Puka injury news and I get why but it is still a blow.

I was really impressed with the play-calling Sunday night. In the recent past, we were apt to plug in new OL players and keep the same offensive philosophy. In the game Sunday night McVay wisely adjusted, setting up Stafford to get rid of the ball quickly and using the Lion's pursuit against them, we weren't stopping Hutchinson (he is a beast continuing to get better and better) Anzalone on the other hand was killing us early was neutralized somewhat once McVay adjusted.

Sunday's game was one of McVays best in my eyes, His maturity and ability to proactively adjust may not be appreciated due to the loss but it showed a new approach and refined ability to manage and adjust in real-time.

I think we handle AZ unless we don't get to Kyler which will make for a tough day, if the pressure is there we get the W

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Watching Fred Warner monday night made me sick.:sick2: 92.6 pff.
How did Ernest Jones go against Da. BEars ? 3 tackles 1 solo &1 PD

SJD is over there as well

3. - 2 TFL 1 hit,1 sack,1 PD

—Fred Warner is a All Pro & Fly’s around.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched Jets/Titans today, and gotta admit it was one of Jones' best games. He was flying around. The problem with him is his range, but when he's in the play boy is he in the play.