Week 2 Depth Chart Changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well the good thing here is the Cards are a less dangerous depth chart at Edge. Collins seems to have graded out well week one PFF wise, for those who are focused on that, but I don't see him as a significant rush threat. I would expect they will be lining him up over our LT in this game to get him some rush production, so the key is not making him look like a future HoF with shit ass LT play.

Nsekhe even with concerns of fitness (unsure if he went through camp this year but being 38 means he's a risk there)... I would of course rather see him at LT than Boom. So I imagine he's going to be the choice. Collins is no Hutch, but he'll get some chips from early in the game to keep Stafford from taking free runs. All that aside I do not feel great about the LT matchup by any stretch simply because we have subpar options for the position starting for us no matter how you slice it this week.

To the Cards run defense, which looked good vs Buffalo... I don't look at the Bills as a powerful run game matchup. But they're probably about equal to the Rams, in that when push comes to shove they live and die on their QB's arm. But the Cards gave them all they could handle so I don't see this as an easy matchup for us. Also the Cards ran the ball well vs Buffalo. So stat-wise it looks like they won the trenches on both sides.

I think the Rams are going to play well vs Arizona. They don't have the right pieces to hurt us where we are weak. But containing the midget is an enormous problem for us, so they're gonna have to avoid stunts and keep his little ass in the pocket where he is limited. That concerns me, as well as our run defense if they continue to trot Brown's oversized and ineffective ass out there for too many snaps on run downs.

Hoping we see the aforementioned moves in this game and I think if we do we're gonna win this game and go into SF with a bit of a lift. But obviously the Cards are a threat here. They look improved to me this year.

Tano

Legend
Well the good thing here is the Cards are a less dangerous depth chart at Edge. Collins seems to have graded out well week one PFF wise, for those who are focused on that, but I don't see him as a significant rush threat. I would expect they will be lining him up over our LT in this game to get him some rush production, so the key is not making him look like a future HoF with shit ass LT play.

Nsekhe even with concerns of fitness (unsure if he went through camp this year but being 38 means he's a risk there)... I would of course rather see him at LT than Boom. So I imagine he's going to be the choice. Collins is no Hutch, but he'll get some chips from early in the game to keep Stafford from taking free runs. All that aside I do not feel great about the LT matchup by any stretch simply because we have subpar options for the position starting for us no matter how you slice it this week.

To the Cards run defense, which looked good vs Buffalo... I don't look at the Bills as a powerful run game matchup. But they're probably about equal to the Rams, in that when push comes to shove they live and die on their QB's arm. But the Cards gave them all they could handle so I don't see this as an easy matchup for us. Also the Cards ran the ball well vs Buffalo. So stat-wise it looks like they won the trenches on both sides.

I think the Rams are going to play well vs Arizona. They don't have the right pieces to hurt us where we are weak. But containing the midget is an enormous problem for us, so they're gonna have to avoid stunts and keep his little ass in the pocket where he is limited. That concerns me, as well as our run defense if they continue to trot Brown's oversized and ineffective ass out there for too many snaps on run downs.

Hoping we see the aforementioned moves in this game and I think if we do we're gonna win this game and go into SF with a bit of a lift. But obviously the Cards are a threat here. They look improved to me this year.
Did you watch the Bills game.

The Bills were running extremely well in the beginning of the game but they fell behind by 14 points because Josh Allen did a stupid fumble from trying to make too much happen.

The Bills basically went away from the run for the most part after being down by 14.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched portions of the second half. Was jumping around on the illegal streams page. This is why I said "stat-wise."

But if we can run it on Arizona then we'll beat them. This offense is unbelievable when they have the run going. I just think Arizona is a better team this year. Bills are a tough matchup and they were in that game.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Did a quick check ... OTs only ... David Bakhtiari, D.J. Humphries, Charles Leno, one of the Camerons (Fleming or Erving ... doubt Diaz would work but I am a fan). Brandon Parker was just released by the Niners.

Don't know if Duane Brown or Donovan Smith have anything left. After that, @Loyal might be the best option. Although, @Da-Rock did post yesterday that he was over 300 lbs ... Maybe?
Yes....yes I am and I have a very high caliber football move as a lineman.........the lame DL or LB comes at me, I pass out and all 300lbs lands on Joe Noteboom's ankle..........bam!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

The Bills were running extremely well in the beginning of the game but they fell behind by 14 points because Josh Allen did a stupid fumble from trying to make too much happen.

The Bills basically went away from the run for the most part after being down by 14.
Yeah the Bills ran effectively when they wanted to. They also pass protected well when Allen wasn’t holding the ball.

The Cardinals’ DL is just as physical as the Lions and play hard-nosed…but no talent or difference maker is there.

It’s up to McVay to call a run heavy/misdirection/motion gameplan and we’ll be fine.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This was not the game to bash Reeder or Rozeboom. They both played well.

If Hav comes back, McClendon will likely start at LT.

The DL played the best OL in the league to a stalemate prior to OT.

R-E-L-A-X

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
Oh you must be the one with the crystal ball now. You better get a new one, thinking the two plays being executed the same just show a lack of game knowledge.
It’s just pure logic. Arcuri panicked when he saw Hutchinson, who had been dominating him all game, and grabbed his facemask even though Whit was already gone. A run up the middle would have likely faced the same problem. You’re complaining about a play that actually WORKED and would have been a TD if Arcuri hadn’t been the dumbest player on earth. So now McVay has to account for an unnecessary and stupid penalty before calling a play? Again : You are asking for mcvay to have a crystal ball and know before hand that a play won't work because of a penalty . It is impossible for you to say that a run up the middle play would have a smaller chance to have a penalty . It is just impossible.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Before the season I said I expected the Detroit game to be one of those losses that forces the Rams to see through their internal rationalizations on some of their players on the depth chart. Turns out the team played very hard and damn near upset a Lions team that had significant advantage on defense, which is admirable. But I still do think this game will force some changes.

:helmet: LT. This one is quite ugly. But obviously we're about to see a change here. I imagine the Rams are scouring the market today and tomorrow. We'll see who they bring in. But anyone will be better than Noteboom and clearly Arcuri was not ready to step in there either.

:helmet: ILB. Nothing against Reeder, who I think played about as good as he can in that Detroit game. But he takes bad angles at times, has limited range, and too often (for a guy of his size) gets dragged for extra yards. Nothing but respect for a guy who shows up for us and gives his all but this is a business and he's not good enough. I will say again his job will be gone by SF week. Because we cannot have him in there vs SF. But they will want to get Speights a full dry run vs Arizona to get him ready for SF so I expect the change is made this week at ILB.

:helmet: Z WR. Even if Puka is ok I expect they rest him against Arizona in preparation for SF. So this should be a start for Johnson, who played very well in Detroit and deserves a chance to show what he can do. Also Arizona is a divisional game, so this is a really big opportunity for Johnson. Hope he makes the most of it.

:helmet: NT. I don't think Brown played particularly well vs Detroit. Davis probably didn't do too much better, if at all, but I think Davis has more power to hold up in the middle in a prominent role than Brown. Brown is one of those guys who showed some improvement last season, but still comes up short I think and lands in that group the Rams try to convince themselves will be good enough. Now if Davis didn't do enough to jump him (which is certainly possible as he was rather invisible in his limited looks) I still expect him to eat up more snap real estate vs Arizona and I think that change will help the defensive front.

:helmet: WILB. Rozeboom I felt was solid, but the pairing overall felt like they were limited in range vs the Detroit backfield and speed will continue to be something we need more of even vs Arizona. Because you'll have Murray breaking contain like crazy in the early going I am sure, with the Rams adjusting that as the game goes on. But inserting Hummel would be an excellent way to help in this regard, so I figure Hummel gets a bump in snaps. Won't be a starter change, but Hummel to that pairing next to Speights is the inevitable destination IMO.
Totally disagree,but ok ? Blah blah blah . I’ll give you Tyler Johnson.He showed what I said all a long.He helped The Rams beat the 9ers!!

DON’T FORGET THAT !! Will Hate 2 see ALL RED at SOFI for the opener.
We’ll see how many sellout Fans The Rams still have ?

What we won’t see is a 9 game losing streak to them. Thanks Tyler Johnson.

Troy Reeder ? I get that,but what your missing is how good he is at getting The Rams D” off the field on 3rd & 4th downs.

Bobby Brown ? I saw Kobie Turner getting burned.After the game they showed him running through a hole like he did something?

Maybe he made a pla(91),but who’s Gallimore ? I’d say that is ridicules having to play him so much.It’s so like you to talk crap about certain players that work hard.Then when there missing them it shows up like MERCH.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

R-E-L-A-X
Obviously he watch’s games with blinders.All he see is up the middle.I only have one finger when it comes to that BS.Oh well though this is when Sean Mcvay gets to test his theories again ?

I watched the game tapped,late at night drunk.Had to shut it off & knew The Rams were going to lose.

What gets overlooked is going for it to tie or take the lead on 4th & 4.
Then Stafford missing Kupp on 3rd down with 2:25 left in the game.Why doesn’t Kyren stay in bounds putting more pressure on Detroit & Dan d-azz Campbell? Plus the false start with less than 3 motto play ? Keep shutting yourself in the foot.

To blame the defense? Another INT in the END ZONE ? Putting the D’in a bad position.Durant almost had that INT. Then - WTH White ? That Troy Reeder. It seems Collinsworth likes Noteboom more than myself & Mcvay.I guess he rolled his ankle on the first play
AJ Acuri with a hold on the Whittington TD run ? WOW

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Defense: was awesome. Going up against one of the best OLs and offenses. They shut them down except for one burned play by White. At the end, just ran out of gas. Couldn’t have asked for anything more from this young D week 1.

Tutu: the issue always comes back to run blocking. He can’t - not to McVays level. My problem is, why draft and keep him if you are aware of this and won’t build any plays around that deficiency?!?

OL: we need a miracle
My thoughts on the Tutu situation: he is a contingency plan in the event that the WR room gets decimated and McVay has to change the identity of the offense. Imagine (God forgive me) Both Puka and Kupp being out for extended periods–we can't afford any receivers that would really change the trajectory of the season while allowing McVay to run the offense the same way. Puka is a heck of a deep speed and can catch the ball.

Extra benefit: can trade him or get a pretty decent comp pick for him once we are ready to move on.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Exactly Mcvay is this offense genius ain’t he? Why he can’t scheme up 3-4 plays a game for Tutu to get ball in space and use his speed put him with Andy Reid or shannahan I bet they maximize his talents
Because in McVay's offense everything flows together and each play acts like a building block for the next...or a play later in the game against a certain look once he establishes what the defense is doing. If you put Tutu in then it's obvious that he's either a decoy, going deep, or doing a jet sweep. It's a big tell and you can't scheme around tells.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Exactly Mcvay is this offense genius ain’t he? Why he can’t scheme up 3-4 plays a game for Tutu to get ball in space and use his speed put him with Reid or Shanahan I bet they maximize his talents.

1726152614460.png

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor

R-E-L-A-X
Where is the bashing.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It’s just pure logic. Arcuri panicked when he saw Hutchinson, who had been dominating him all game, and grabbed his facemask even though Whit was already gone. A run up the middle would have likely faced the same problem. You’re complaining about a play that actually WORKED and would have been a TD if Arcuri hadn’t been the dumbest player on earth. So now McVay has to account for an unnecessary and stupid penalty before calling a play? Again : You are asking for mcvay to have a crystal ball and know before hand that a play won't work because of a penalty . It is impossible for you to say that a run up the middle play would have a smaller chance to have a penalty . It is just impossible.
No I’m not complaining I’m saying the smarter call would have been running the ball with Williams.

Your presumption that the same thing would have happen on a call like that has no merit, it didn’t happen on first down.

You have a right to be wrong