We Should Sign Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Bradford is a great 2 complete passes is a first down backyard football.

Sorry but I just don't see Bradford as better than Mannion.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bradford is a great 2 complete passes is a first down backyard football.

Sorry but I just don't see Bradford as better than Mannion.

Bradford in his 16 full starts in 2016 and 2017 with the Vikings:
422/584
72.3%
4223 yards
7.2 YPA
23 TDs
5 Ints
102.0 passer rating

He did that on a very talented offense with Pat Shurmur calling plays. Basically, he had a great supporting cast and good play-calling. Now, he certainly sucked this year in Arizona, but that was on a dumpster fire of an offense with a terrible play-caller. I happen to think we're more talented than Minnesota and have a better play-caller.

Bradford's health is a fair question. I don't trust him to stay healthy over a long period of time. However, if he's the backup, he doesn't need to stay healthy for 16 games. However, Bradford's ability as a QB isn't a question for me. I know what he is. He's not Jared Goff, but he's definitely better than Mannion.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
422/584
72.3%
4223 yards
7.2 YPA
23 TDs
5 Ints
102.0 passer rating

He did that on a very talented offense with Pat Shurmur calling plays. Basically, he had a great supporting cast and good play-calling. Now, he certainly sucked this year in Arizona, but that was on a dumpster fire of an offense with a terrible play-caller. I happen to think we're more talented than Minnesota and have a better play-caller.

Bradford's health is a fair question. I don't trust him to stay healthy over a long period of time. However, if he's the backup, he doesn't need to stay healthy for 16 games. However, Bradford's ability as a QB isn't a question for me. I know what he is. He's not Jared Goff, but he's definitely better than Mannion.

I get what your saying and you make great points.

I just don't see SB as a winner that could do any better than jag

He just doesn't seem to have "it"

Flint

Pro Bowler
Well, he hadn’t practiced for 5 weeks before they released him, so I would guess they didn’t think he could be available if needed. Part of the backup’s job is to run the scout team and it doesn’t sound like he can do that. If Goff breaks his ankle could Sam take over for the year? None of us would be very confident in that. His knee is only going to get worse and there’s no way to predict how good or bad it will be.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No chance. He's certainly a more durable QB, though.

Yes, he's better than Mannion. That Arizona offense was a dumpster fire until McCoy got fired. Sam looked pretty good in Minnesota. Mannion hasn't looked good HERE with McVay.
Yes the offense was bad with McCoy but watching him play he wasn't any better and he wasn't the same guy as in Minny. Plus can we even rely on him to be healthy if needed? Again I agree Mannion needs to be upgraded just haven't seen anything recently from Sam to make me think he's the answer or he could stay healthy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, he hadn’t practiced for 5 weeks before they released him, so I would guess they didn’t think he could be available if needed. Part of the backup’s job is to run the scout team and it doesn’t sound like he can do that. If Goff breaks his ankle could Sam take over for the year? None of us would be very confident in that. His knee is only going to get worse and there’s no way to predict how good or bad it will be.
Well, in all fairness they were making him inactive to save on bonus money.
He was benched for poor performance and the season was put in Rosen’s hands

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
422/584
72.3%
4223 yards
7.2 YPA
23 TDs
5 Ints
102.0 passer rating

Case Keenum in 15 games 14 starts for those same Vikings
325/481
67.6%
3547 yards
7.4 ypa
22 td
7 int
98.3 passer rating

Was it Sam or was it the team?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Case Keenum in 15 games 14 starts for those same Vikings
325/481
67.6%
3547 yards
7.4 ypa
22 td
7 int
98.3 passer rating

Was it Sam or was it the team?

It was the team. But the point is that if you give Sam that good of a team, he can still produce well. Our team is that good.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Sorry, I still have a sour taste in my mouth from the way Bradford basically held us over a barrel with his contract demands.

Let him join a team that isn't ours or retire. I don't care which, so long as it's nowhere near us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was the team. But the point is that if you give Sam that good of a team, he can still produce well. Our team is that good.
And I wouldn't be upset if they brought him in I just don't think he's an upgrade and if he is it's marginal in my mind. I'd be just as happy with some of the other free agents available. Landry Jones, Matt Moore or even Tom Savage could be brought in too. Just not sure we do anything at QB with so limited cap space.

TexasRam

Legend
giphy.gif

I do not like him,
Sam-I-am.

I would not like him
Here or there.
I would not like him
Anywhere.
I do not like him,
Sam-I-am

I do not like him
as a Ram
I do not like him
Sam-I-am

HAHAHA. That made me cry laughing.. Not sure, but may have been tears from the past.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I wouldn't be upset if they brought him in I just don't think he's an upgrade and if he is it's marginal in my mind. I'd be just as happy with some of the other free agents available. Landry Jones, Matt Moore or even Tom Savage could be brought in too. Just not sure we do anything at QB with so limited cap space.

Moore is retired, Jones isn't a FA anymore, and Tom Savage is worse than Mannion imo.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
While true that there is no indication he can't, I would have to defer to McVay on this one. There must be a reason that Mannion is the backup and any number of other castaways are not. Personally I think it's the reasons stated above and there was much said when we drafted Mannion about his football IQ and being a coach's son.

and any number of other castaways

Castaways?! Well then let's talk about some castaways, shall we?

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale
a tale of a fateful trip,
that started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailin' man,
the Skipper brave and sure,
five passengers set sail that day,
for a three hour tour,
a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
the tiny ship was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
the Minnow would be lost.
The Minnow would be lost.

The ship's aground on the shore of this
uncharted desert isle
with Gilligan,
the Skipper too.
The millionaire and his wife,
the movie star,
the professor and Mary Ann,
here on Gilligan's Isle.

(Ending verse)
So this is the tale of our castaways,
they're here for a long, long time.
They'll have to make the best of things,
it's an uphill climb.

The first mate and his Skipper too
will do their very best,
to make the others comfortable
in their tropic island nest.

No phone, no lights, no motor car
not a single luxury
like Robinson Crusoe,
it's primitive as can be.

So join us here each week my friends,
you're sure to get a smile,
from seven stranded castaways
here on Gilligan's Isle!

So the big question of the night remains as it's been for years: Ginger or Mary Anne?
Much more delightful than Sam or Sean don't ya think??

~ArkyRamsFan~

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry, I still have a sour taste in my mouth from the way Bradford basically held us over a barrel with his contract demands.

Let him join a team that isn't ours or retire. I don't care which, so long as it's nowhere near us.

He didn't have contract demands. The rams wanted him to take a huge pay cut so they could trade him easier. His agent rightfully declined the "offer".

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
As much as we paid him compared to what we got. He should play here for free

Robert

Rookie
People be in here talking like were trying to bring in Bradford for the starting job. Bradford>Mannion. Dont believe that? Bradford got the Cards to pay him 15 million this year as a brittle damaged qb while not a single team called about Mannion. That should say it all.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He didn't have contract demands. The rams wanted him to take a huge pay cut so they could trade him easier. His agent rightfully declined the "offer".

He couldn't stay healthy, he wasn't great when he was healthy, and his contract was enormous. Of course you ask him to take a pay-cut. The fact that he didn't still irks me about him.

Again, let him join any other team, so long as it's not ours.

Psycho_X

Legend
I would be ok with it. You'd think he'd get a chance with the Redskins though? Or at least the Redskins would be stupid to not go out and offer him a contract. Colt McCoy isn't going to win them shit and they probably get a playoff spot with Bradford since the NFC East is horrid.