Watkins Vs Beckham - Who would you take now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

who would you take

• Total voters

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know Jrry. While I agree with you in part saying Eli doesn't make a difference isn't true, IMO. Eli has two super bowl rings, Watkins had the likes of Kyle Orton and EJ Manuel throwing to him.
Manning put up 30TD's and 4400 yards.
Orton/Manuel 23TD and 3800 yards.

Not a massive difference but 600 yards and 7TD's isn't nothing either. Don't get me wrong Beckham is a stud but I think one year isn't a fair sample size either.
If Beckham does this for 3-4 years and Watkins doesn't then I can see a fairer argument.

But QB play and offensive styles does have an impact on stats.

Okay but you forgot to account for Beckham Jr. missing the first four games. When you do that Manning put up 3436 yards and 21 TDs in Beckham Jr.'s 12 games.

So Beckham Jr. had significantly more production himself AND less production from the QB position(if you account for the games he missed).

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Okay but you forgot to account for Beckham Jr. missing the first four games. When you do that Manning put up 3436 yards and 21 TDs in Beckham Jr.'s 12 games.

So Beckham Jr. had significantly more production himself AND less production from the QB position(if you account for the games he missed).
WOW. Did not realize he missed that much time.
For the record I'm not arguing Beckham's talent, just don't think Watkins is playing with as good of a QB or system.

That said they are both better than what we have today. Although the talent gap is much better than 2-3 years ago.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WOW. Did not realize he missed that much time.
For the record I'm not arguing Beckham's talent, just don't think Watkins is playing with as good of a QB or system.

That said they are both better than what we have today. Although the talent gap is much better than 2-3 years ago.

That's true...but if we can come away with Amari Cooper, we might have ourselves the WR to rule them all. ;)