Washington who?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

beej

Rookie
NlzJXnaStEiChHy-800x450-noPad.jpg

Ryan Koch
Des Moines, IA

Supporters
I say all of us European Americans start protesting C****er Barrel. It uses an offensive slur and it is deeply offensive and mocks our long and proud heritage.
The name is offensive, their logo stereotypes European Americans as people who sit on chairs and lean against what appears to be a bourbon barrel, claiming we are all a bunch of alcoholics. Sure, they'll SAY it's a "cracker" barrel but everyone knows crackers don't come in barrels, they come in bags and boxes!
Change the name C****er Barrel to Caucasian Barrel. After all, white people should have something to be offended by, too!

THAT'S SOME BS!!!!!!!!!! LET'S START SOME RIOTS AROUND THE COUNTRY!!!!
can we riot while we are eating bacon and pancakes?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm not in favor of changing the name

but I am in favor of finding all the PC cry babies and stringing them up:mad:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
A lot of anger directed towards the people who have the nerve to be offended.

I'll bet that most of you have a button or two that could be pushed as well. But you probably think those buttons are different.

I think society has gone overboard with PC, too - but it's not like the early chapter of the English settlement here is something to be proud of - it was an atrocity. It's the ugliest part of our history and we have a pretty ugly history.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
One big reason to stay in St. Louis!!!

If they move to L.A. and join the Chargers and Raiders, they might end up being NFL Team L.A. #3!! :eek:

If they stay in St. Louis, the are NFL Team STL #1!!

Would you rather be #3 or #1?

Problem solved! (you're welcome)

Well, they've been playing like number two lately. :(

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I am waiting for a group of Atheists to protest the New Orleans Saints or the San Diego Padres for forcing religion on them.

Mayve then the religous right can protest the New Jersey Devils because of their Satanic name.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hate the whole "PC" thing.

I also find all the whining about it annoying too though.

Everybody needs to quit being a bitch.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
80% of native Americans polled said they had ZERO problem with the name. In fact, they loved it. Id understand if the majority were offended, so why do we cater to rhe small amount that are butthurt abput it? The redskins have been honoring natives at games for years. This is just another example of the pussification of our country, where everyone looks for things to be offended about. The redskins have been around since like the 30's, went through the civil rights era, and now it's offensive? Ok. Smh.

*btw, fuck the redskins.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
A lot of anger directed towards the people who have the nerve to be offended.

I'll bet that most of you have a button or two that could be pushed as well. But you probably think those buttons are different.

I think society has gone overboard with PC, too - but it's not like the early chapter of the English settlement here is something to be proud of - it was an atrocity. It's the ugliest part of our history and we have a pretty ugly history.
You could say that about EVERY country in the world.
It's not just an American issue.
History is just that. History. Much of it was brutal, but it wasn't limited to certain races or countries. Every country and race in the World has the history of blood on it's hands.

V3

Hall of Fame
No, no it's not. You know why? You're saying Redskin. You won't even say the "N word". If you're trying to determine what the worse word is, and you won't even say one of them, that's probably it. It's completely ridiculous to even think about changing a name because a couple people don't like it.
How many native americans do you know? Have you asked them how they feel about it? Many have said they can't stand it. The reason people won't say the N word is because so many people have put up a fuss about it for so long. Well, native americans are starting to now put up a fuss about it because they obviously feel it's derogatory. I'm sure many people back in the 60's or 70's had no issue saying the N word and wondered why people were putting up a big fuss about it. Sounds pretty similar to me. Also, why is it okay to call someone a redskin but no one dares to call someone a brown skin or yellow skin?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
No, no it's not. You know why? You're saying Redskin. You won't even say the "N word". If you're trying to determine what the worse word is, and you won't even say one of them, that's probably it. It's completely ridiculous to even think about changing a name because a couple people don't like it.

Well, I just want to know what the hell happened to private property rights in this country.
Good grief...........I thought you could 'name' or 'call' your private property anything you wanted.

Oh and as someone that is part American Indian (that's what I prefer) I'm not the least bit offended. Not that - that even maters one bit.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The origin of words has nothing to do with whether or not they are offensive.

Look up the origin of f*ggot or n*gger.

Neither started off as a derogatory word. They were eventually made that way.... any word can be made into a tool for hate-speech. All it takes are @ssholes to use it in a hateful way and then for p@ssies to be offended by it.

beej

Rookie
And on the flip side, Yankee doodle started out as a derogatory term and Americans just decided to own it and take pride in it and that ended that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I know it's hard to avoid due to the context of this topic but let's not let it become overly political or this thread will be locked. What they should do is poll ALL American Indians who are willing to vote and let the majority decide.
Hear hear. I'm about done with a select few being the ones to decide what's offensive and what's not.
BTW, I'm offended by Cowboys. They were ruthless killers of innocent people, and are a fairly shitty football team.
sorry, @Rynie. lol.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That's
I am waiting for a group of Atheists to protest the New Orleans Saints or the San Diego Padres for forcing religion on them.

Mayve then the religous right can protest the New Jersey Devils because of their Satanic name.

That's why just naming teams by cities might not work either, Los Angeles means "the Angels" and you can't have a city that starts with "saint" can you? Where in the hell are the Rams going to play????

I'm with enough is enough with the swollen twat club. How many things can people be butt hurt about? When did we become such a flock of wusses? I mean if somebody says or does something you don't approve of in any way, just walk away, ignore them, laugh at them, shoot them the bird if you must but don't go crying to mama so she can make things right for your diaper wearing ass. Toughen up people. That's what adults do.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Language is everything.

Language is what creates our interpretation of reality.

Redskins is a derogatory word for Native Americans (this is not in dispute outside of obscure forums).

When we use derogatory words in a casual manner, we make it normal.

When we make derogatory words part of the normal usage of language we become unconscious of its affect (i.e., the spreading of HATE).

When we are unconscious of the choices that we make through our language we become open to manipulation.

When we are open to manipulation we lose track of our human rights.

When we lose track of our rights, we end up living in a society where 1% of the population owns 50% of global wealth, while 45% of American children grow up in low-income, shit-holes.

Oh wait...

Those who control language control reality.

Now go buy something that will make you feel better about yourself, so you forget what you just read.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
How many native americans do you know? Have you asked them how they feel about it?

It's doesn't matter. There are polls out there...with results.