Warner Vs Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
No one ever really saw Kurt develop as a younger QB. I feel like some folks forget that he was already 28 in 1999. We've only seen Bradford as a 25 and younger aged player, and in addition to being on opposite ends of the spectrum in supporting casts, all we've been exposed to individually is Bradford learning the game and maturing, while Kurt had been forged as a QB sight unseen to most folks who didn't follow arena football.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Could be. I'm not going to nit-pick over which QB had the better touch-pass or deep ball. I just think that the supporting cast hypothetical (as presented by the OP) is a pretty interesting one. There's an ENORMOUS difference between that 99 team and the, say, 2011 team. The size of a chasm. Huge difference.

Without a doubt.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
No one ever really saw Kurt develop as a younger QB. I feel like some folks forget that he was already 28 in 1999. We've only seen Bradford as a 25 and younger aged player, and in addition to being on opposite ends of the spectrum in supporting casts, all we've been exposed to individually is Bradford learning the game and maturing, while Kurt had been forged as a QB sight unseen to most folks who didn't follow arena football.
I don't think Bradford at 28 will be on par with Kurt at 28 - very, very, very few QBs ever reach that point - but he's certainly on a nice upswing and on pace to be a very good NFL QB. I wonder what people would have thought of Warner on the day he was cut by GB, or the day we sent him over to NFL Europe, or during his Iowa Barnstormer days.

The Arena League stuff may have been the best training any QB has ever received - wide-open offenses, super-quick decisions, fast release, and not a ton of long bomb offensive plays. Translated oh-so-well to Martzyball.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think Bradford at 28 will be on par with Kurt at 28 - very, very, very few QBs ever reach that point - but he's certainly on a nice upswing and on pace to be a very good NFL QB. I wonder what people would have thought of Warner on the day he was cut by GB, or the day we sent him over to NFL Europe, or during his Iowa Barnstormer days.

The Arena League stuff may have been the best training any QB has ever received - wide-open offenses, super-quick decisions, fast release, and not a ton of long bomb offensive plays. Translated oh-so-well to Martzyball.
The Arena league was super fast paced, and then NFLE had those giant fields, and it's there (NFLE) where he said everything really slowed down for him. A developmental league similar to that is a great idea, and I hope the league puts that on the fast-track.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We need to remember that Warner took a long time to become the QB we witnessed. Undrafted, dropped by the Packers, unable to even get a tryout, was an assistant football coach.

Mike Martz put a $50 bill on the bulletin board and said Warner could have it if he ever learned to throw a spiral.

Is Bradford Warner? Not year 4 Bradford vs Rams' Warner. Could he be? We shall see.
I saw an episode of sports science on an accurate football pass.
Basically, a pass with a little wobble is more accurate than a spiral.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
The Arena league was super fast paced, and then NFLE had those giant fields, and it's there (NFLE) where he said everything really slowed down for him. A developmental league similar to that is a great idea, and I hope the league puts that on the fast-track.
There's more and more support for that, and it's a great idea for everyone. The union should be all for it - more dues-paying guys, more opportunities all up and down the levels - and the teams should love having the ability to develop cheap talent over time.