Waiver Claims / Practice Squad news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Real glad to see this CB back with us even if its on the PS
Mike Jordan
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/mike-jordan?id=2556196

Strengths
Has NFL height, weight and length. His ball skills will force teams to take notice. Former high school receiver who has soft, sure hands and finds his way to the ball at a high rate. Plays with decisive break on the ball from his pedal. Loves to undercut routes out of breaks and ruin the quarterback's day. Instinctive with a natural feel from man-off and zone coverage. Likes to rip and tug and the football when ball carrier is stood up. Has some background playing safety.
Weaknesses
Tape doesn't show player with ability to carry long speed. Jump in competition will be difficult challenge early on. Might need to reassess angles to the ball against NFL arms and wide receiver speed. Big, but not very physical. Waits on running backs to climb up to him rather than facing them up downhill. Technique is very raw. Will declare early from press causing stall when release changes direction.
Draft Projection
Rounds 5 or 6
Bottom Line
Jordan's size, ball skills and consistency of production is going to garner attention from NFL traits on Day 3. While he shows decent hips and feet in man coverage, he may not have the recovery speed to make a living in that kind of scheme. Jordan has the instincts and ball skills to challenge for a roster spot for a zone cover team and could be an interesting consideration at safety if a team believes he is tough enough as a tackler.
The very little I saw of Jordan I really liked.

lockdnram21

Legend
Because that player may be the guy we hope takes over during the year since we drafted him #1 overall and traded a buttload of picks for.
On a side note, not sure where you get your 80/20 numbers from. Backup QB gets plenty of practice reps, with the 2's. Goff at least needs to take those
At this point I thinks he sits the year and Mannion takes over if Keenum gets hurt

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Slow news. I have a feeling that's the last of our camp guys being brought back.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DRAFT ANALYSIS:
Countess has experience at CB, S, and nickel at Auburn. Philly can try him out at special teams then decide where they want him to compete going into the season. --Mark Dulgerian

• 5'9"HEIGHT
  • 184LBS.WEIGHT
OVERVIEW
Transferred from Michigan to Auburn for his final collegiate season in 2015, and started all 13 games. Played both boundary corner and safety. In 2014, he was an honorable mention All-Big Ten selection.

PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 4.48 seconds
Vertical: 36 1/2 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet, 1 inch
Short shuttle: 4.19 seconds
3-cone: 6.85 seconds
Bench: 21 reps of 225 pounds
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Has very good position versatility. Is highly intelligent and aware on the field. Instinctive with good short area quickness to match up against slot receivers. Processes quickly and understands the game.
WEAKNESSES
Size is a concern. Smaller cornerback who can be matched up by bigger slot targets. Long speed is very average. Could have some issues against bigger, NFL running backs when forced into action as tackler.
BOTTOM LINE
Has the intelligence and instincts to challenge for a roster spot as a slot corner, but will have to rely on quickness over size and speed if he is to win a spot.
RELATED LINKS

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I like the guys they brought back, but was also hoping for Seau, Green or Magee, Bryant, and McRoberts or Duke.
Yeah, I really can't see why they wouldn't want to bring back Seau, Green, and McRoberts at least.

…..

Legend
RB Green and WR Duke Williams are the only two I care to have on the Rams practice squad.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
IMO Blake Countess is LaMarcus Joyner's replacement if he continues to suck

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Myles Simmons ‏@MylesASimmons 34s34 seconds ago
The #Rams have added seven players to their practice squad.

CriO_IuUAAAaLy9.jpg:large

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While not learning the Rams plays, playbook or players? Yeah, please sign a QB for the PS unless Goff is #2...

Not saying that is what he should do, just looking at an upside to it.