Waiver Claims / Practice Squad news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good fortune to Kush...I thought he was fun, and I'll root for him wherever he goes....

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Battle was a real risk of being snapped up by another team. Glad he cleared waivers. Battle is going to play in the NFL if he ever gets over minor injuries.

fearsomefour

Legend
Battle was a real risk of being snapped up by another team. Glad he cleared waivers. Battle is going to play in the NFL if he ever gets over minor injuries.
Maybe.
He is athletic but has terrible balance. Don't know how much of that was injury this year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do not see the Rams adding a QB. It would take snaps away from Goff.
If Goff is truly the #3, then his role would be the scout QB mimicking the opposition QB in practice. Not any practical experience there. No Id rather he stay in the #2 mix sharing snaps and leaving the scout work to a lesser player

bluecoconuts

Legend
Maybe.
He is athletic but has terrible balance. Don't know how much of that was injury this year.

He needs to do something similar to Greg Robinson during the offseason.

I wouldn't mind seeing Barkley on our PS. Local kid, and might have some playbook info from his short tenure with the Ugly Birds

Eh, I'd pass on him, he's pretty awful...

If Goff is truly the #3, then his role would be the scout QB mimicking the opposition QB in practice. Not any practical experience there. No Id rather he stay in the #2 mix sharing snaps and leaving the scout work to a lesser player

Wouldn't that be Mannion though? Mannion is better/has more upside than Barkley, so I'd rather keep him on the roster so he can be the backup in the future.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Real glad to see this CB back with us even if its on the PS
Mike Jordan
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/mike-jordan?id=2556196
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/mike-jordan?id=2556196

Strengths
Has NFL height, weight and length. His ball skills will force teams to take notice. Former high school receiver who has soft, sure hands and finds his way to the ball at a high rate. Plays with decisive break on the ball from his pedal. Loves to undercut routes out of breaks and ruin the quarterback's day. Instinctive with a natural feel from man-off and zone coverage. Likes to rip and tug and the football when ball carrier is stood up. Has some background playing safety.
Weaknesses
Tape doesn't show player with ability to carry long speed. Jump in competition will be difficult challenge early on. Might need to reassess angles to the ball against NFL arms and wide receiver speed. Big, but not very physical. Waits on running backs to climb up to him rather than facing them up downhill. Technique is very raw. Will declare early from press causing stall when release changes direction.
Draft Projection
Rounds 5 or 6
Bottom Line
Jordan's size, ball skills and consistency of production is going to garner attention from NFL traits on Day 3. While he shows decent hips and feet in man coverage, he may not have the recovery speed to make a living in that kind of scheme. Jordan has the instincts and ball skills to challenge for a roster spot for a zone cover team and could be an interesting consideration at safety if a team believes he is tough enough as a tackler.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert

During the season the starter gets 80% of the reps while the the #2 gets 20%. Goff will be better off getting count team reps. I do not see them sharing the 2nd team reps. 20% when it is barely enough to prep for the number two QB. Why waste game prep reps on a player that will not be on the game day 46 man roster?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wouldn't that be Mannion though? Mannion is better/has more upside than Barkley, so I'd rather keep him on the roster so he can be the backup in the future.
If Mannion is #2, he has to be taking snaps with the 2's and staying fresh "in case". I don't care how terrible Barkley is, he doesn't fit in future plans, just want a scout QB not named Goff

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
During the season the starter gets 80% of the reps while the the #2 gets 20%. Goff will be better off getting count team reps. I do not see them sharing the 2nd team reps. 20% when it is barely enough to prep for the number two QB. Why was game prep reps on a player that will not be on the game day 46 man roster?

plus he would be going against our D all season, getting used to the speed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why was game prep reps on a player that will not be on the game day 46 man roster?
Because that player may be the guy we hope takes over during the year since we drafted him #1 overall and traded a buttload of picks for.
On a side note, not sure where you get your 80/20 numbers from. Backup QB gets plenty of practice reps, with the 2's. Goff at least needs to take those

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
plus he would be going against our D all season, getting used to the speed.
While not learning the Rams plays, playbook or players? Yeah, please sign a QB for the PS unless Goff is #2...