Von Miller, does he get cheers or boo’s week 1 at SoFi?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Hell get neither from me. Appreciate what he did for a half season, but he's an enemy again as far as I am concerned.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Von-Miller-Tom-Brady-2.jpg

^ boss. No boos for this. And I think he was the only defensive player to hit Tom Brady in the mouth and get a flag thrown on Brady. That had to be an NFL first.

Screen-Shot-2022-01-23-at-2.12.02-PM.png

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The guy whose name is on the back of your newest jersey!
Funny that you say that. I have an autographed Grant Whistrom jersey the year before he went to the shecocks, a SJ jersey the year he was released, and my dog is named Sam after our big time draft pick. Unfortunately Sam also has knee problems.

I'm frankly afraid of buying a jersey these days. I'm CERTAINLY not buying an AD or Kupp jersey right now.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny that you say that. I have an autographed Grant Whistrom jersey the year before he went to the shecocks, a SJ jersey the year he was released, and my dog is named Sam after our big time draft pick. Unfortunately Sam also has knee problems.

I'm frankly afraid of buying a jersey these days. I'm CERTAINLY not buying an AD or Kupp jersey right now.
DO IT! For ole #99!

dang

Legend
Hell get neither from me. Appreciate what he did for a half season, but he's an enemy again as far as I am concerned.
I appreciate what Miller did for the Rams. I’m not sure they make the run through the playoffs without him. With that said I do hope he regrets his decision starting with Rams taking the Bills in the season opener. I believe Miller will not see a penny beyond the $52m out after the 2024 season (3 years). So the 6 yr/$120m contract is smoke and mirrors. The Bills have a great roster snd the best fans so he picked a good team. Not sure what the Rams offered but if was close to $52m guaranteed for 3 years I believe he will regret his decision. That video clip of the decision process he went through surely didn’t convince me it was completely thought out.

Flint

Pro Bowler
It’s being reported on SI and other places that Von placed a call to former cowboy Demarcus Ware to determine if the cowpokes would be interested in his services. Ware reportedly said he thought Miller had another year in LA, to which Miller replied, no, I’m done(in LA).
Sounds like he wasn’t too keen on coming back if he’s cold calling dudes, sounds like he was looking for a big payday.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sounds like he wasn’t too keen on coming back if he’s cold calling dudes, sounds like he was looking for a big payday.
I think he would have come back, but money was the important factor because Miller knew this was his last contract and the Rams did him a huge favor brining him to Los Angeles because if he stayed in Denver, he would have never cashed in.

That's okay, when it starts snowing in October in Western, NY, Miller will be California Dreamin' on such a winter's day.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I know it’s the off-season, but another ex Ram Von thread?

Merging with the other Von thread on the front page.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I know it’s the off-season, but another ex Ram Von thread?

Merging with the other Von thread on the front page.
Yeah let’s talk about if pineapple belongs on pizza or if Wolford can complete a pass longer than 10 yds.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he would have come back, but money was the important factor because Miller knew this was his last contract and the Rams did him a huge favor brining him to Los Angeles because if he stayed in Denver, he would have never cashed in.

That's okay, when it starts snowing in October in Western, NY, Miller will be California Dreamin' on such a winter's day.
“I hope we get 30 ft snow drifts in Western NY for both our sakes” ~ den

Turducken

Starter
Bills way overpaid for him, Rammers. Sometimes that's what it takes to get over the hump, like Clark to KC in 2019.

Personally, I don't think it's anything to boo about. When you win a ring the price of your players goes up. It's very common. I mean, we lost Tyreek.

You don't replace players like that. You just have to adapt. It's certainly not easy but the best teams can still build a championship calibre roster despite losing one edge rusher or WR. QB's are a different story.
He might have done us a favor. I think we are a more complete team now. I'd like a little more edge rusher depth, but I'm more confident with our starting 22 than I was at the beginning of last season.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
It’s being reported on SI and other places that Von placed a call to former cowboy Demarcus Ware to determine if the cowpokes would be interested in his services. Ware reportedly said he thought Miller had another year in LA, to which Miller replied, no, I’m done(in LA).

Yes I read this so thanks for the ring but fuck off Von. He proved he was full of shit and was going for the bag. My biggest thing with that is don't act like or say it's not about the money, but show otherwise through your actions. I would respect it more if he was honest about it, but that's on him. My concern is who is currently a Ram and this dude was only with us for not even a season. I hope he fucking flops in Buffalo without AD. As Train said, fuck em!

tempests

Hall of Fame
Well, he was a UFA. Maximizing value is the goal for players who enter the market. Especially since this could be his last NFL contract.

Disappointment that he went somewhere else, I get. Resentment, I don't really understand. 22 years we were waiting for a championship, this guy helped us get there. 2021 Rams were the first team to win a championship in a 17 game season, the first to win both the NFC championship and Super Bowl at home, the first Rams team to win the Super Bowl in LA. This team carved out a permanent place in NFL history and franchise lore. 5 year, 10 year, 20 anniversary gatherings in our future. The players who played on the '21 team, they will get together, they will attend games together, be honoured at games together. Von will undoubtedly be invited to these events, and in that way, as part of a championship winning team, he will always be a Ram.

I wouldn't boo a member of the 1999 Rams. Sure, Kevin Carter left badly, but it's not on anyone's mind anymore. The only thing that lasts in the end, is the success they achieved as a team. And that should always be, the most important thing.

dang

Legend
So since something smells rotten in Denmark I’ll repeat myself. Im convinced Miller will not see a penny beyond the $52m out after the 2024 season (3 years). So the 6 yr/$120m contract is smoke and mirrors. Not sure what the Rams offered but if was close to $52m guaranteed for 3 years he will regret his decision. That video clip of the “painful” decision he went through REALLY looks like an uninformed $$ grab pushed by his agent and father. Since I’m a Rams fan first and foremost, I hope it bites him in the ass. HARD!!!!

nighttrain

Legend
eh, as a Ram I loved him, as a Bill not so much, as in he got his money and that's all right. NFL is first a business, that's all folks!
train

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
eh, as a Ram I loved him, as a Bill not so much, as in he got his money and that's all right. NFL is first a business, that's all folks!
train
”Yeah, train!” ~ Niner Hacksaw Reynolds