PREGAME Viqueens vs Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Toothsayer

Rookie
Name
Richard H Stee
Only thing I can think is that the earlier practices in the week were just walk throughs due to short week and the injury designations were just guesses essentially. So maybe they didn't make good guesses and he's still a week away? Same for Whittington. Idk, hopefully he didn't come back and immediately get re-injured at the very least.
I think that's probably exactly right.

I do wonder if the Puka clock activation has something to do with the Kupp trade noise. Maybe the team wanted a better idea of where he was in his rehab before dealing CK & it couldn't be done without some practice reps against real competition over the mini-bye. I'm pretty sure organized team practices would be a CBA no-no tomorrow through Sun night, but they could probably get him in the facility with a few guys for something voluntary.

It's irritating that McVay seems to have, yet again, lied like a rug about an injury in this J. Whit situation. Like teams are really at a disadvantage combing through hours of tape in case he plays...

Or is it just another example of the downside of Mcvay's scheme /philosophy; WRs need to be able to insert/inline block to play at all, not just do their SOP job. Ditto for Corum; if you can't pass block to compensate for 11 P vs loaded boxes, blitzes, you can't play in any way. No sweeps , no screens, no slot, just a 3rd round stud catching pop flies in the EZ.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I do see that the Vikes are dead last in the NFL against pass defenses, at least fantasy wise. Not sure if that translates to their pass defense actually rating as the worst in the league, but, it does bode well for our WR's.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
MIN is 6th in scoring 28ppg
Rams are 27th 18ppg

It’s just very unlikely that…
Star Wars Statistics GIF

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Shit, I'm all for Speights playing but what an ask, here's your first game...Against the Vikings. lol. He can't be any worse than Reeder tho, so here's to hoping he's a stud!
I'm assuming they remove the dot requirements for him. So him in comparison to Reeder in the role should be favorable. He should be quicker to the ball carrier and better tackling in space. Filling downhill we will see. Reeder's biggest problem is that he isn't great at that. If he was he'd be closer to Jones overall. But he is marginal at best there, so I don't think Speights will do worse. Which means 1 for 1 Speights should be an upgrade. I think we'll feel him via him making some nice stops in space.

By the way the Vikes aren't a heavy run team. They are middle of the pack in attempts per game at 27 (Rams are at 25). So they're a balance run team more so than a dictation type team like say SF who average over 30. They are middle of the pack in average per rush. And they are a bottom third team in rushing for first downs.

Basically we're facing our own offense with a lesser QB but a better OL. And the key to stopping them is our play vs the pass. So in that regard the Rams are well suited to compete in this game, given how much better the secondary has looked since Williams returned, as well as the strength of our rush. I think Speights helps us in the flats vs the screens and quick underneath BS throws our offense specializes in, as well as tackling in space. And Speights will help us in shadowing Darnold and keeping the runs in check when our DL gives him lanes on their rushes.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
I'm assuming they remove the dot requirements for him. So him in comparison to Reeder in the role should be favorable. He should be quicker to the ball carrier and better tackling in space. Filling downhill we will see. Reeder's biggest problem is that he isn't great at that. If he was he'd be closer to Jones overall. But he is marginal at best there, so I don't think Speights will do worse. Which means 1 for 1 Speights should be an upgrade. I think we'll feel him via him making some nice stops in space.

By the way the Vikes aren't a heavy run team. They are middle of the pack in attempts per game at 27 (Rams are at 25). So they're a balance run team more so than a dictation type team like say SF who average over 30. They are middle of the pack in average per rush. And they are a bottom third team in rushing for first downs.

Basically we're facing our own offense with a lesser QB but a better OL. And the key to stopping them is our play vs the pass. So in that regard the Rams are well suited to compete in this game, given how much better the secondary has looked since Williams returned, as well as the strength of our rush. I think Speights helps us in the flats vs the screens and quick underneath BS throws our offense specializes in, as well as tackling in space. And Speights will help us in shadowing Darnold and keeping the runs in check when our DL gives him lanes on their rushes.

Now that you say it, that makes total sense. Being that last week they added a green dot in the secondary to help with communication. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason long term until Speights gets up to speed.
Speaking of Williams and White, did the rams say why they benched White? I know his play was pretty lousy but was it because he's still dealing with an injury? It would be nice if White could return to a similar form that we're familiar with when he was Buffalo. Because him and Williams on the the #1 and #2 would be great in theory.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Speaking of Williams and White, did the rams say why they benched White? I know his play was pretty lousy but was it because he's still dealing with an injury? It would be nice if White could return to a similar form that we're familiar with when he was Buffalo. Because him and Williams on the the #1 and #2 would be great in theory.
No but they never do. Rams are courteous to a fault with players who get benched. I respect that too, even if I find it sort of ridiculous. Like when they talked up Tavon like they were moving a future Hall of Famer when they dealt his sorry ass. :laugh3:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Now that you say it, that makes total sense. Being that last week they added a green dot in the secondary to help with communication. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason long term until Speights gets up to speed.
Only 1 player on the field can have the "green dot" at a time. They have a few players that'll have the mic for things like injuries or subs, but only 1 person is getting the calls. No clue who the backup is behind Reeder, guessing it's been Lake.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Well it would be awesome to see both Nakua and Kupp playing tonight, breaking tackles, scoring TDs... , like I was expecting when I first saw the schedule and later found out I was going to the game. Hope my first Rams ever game in person and first Sofi game experience is a win!!

Did the Sofi tour yesterday and it was very cool.

Toothsayer

Rookie
Name
Richard H Stee
Injury report lists him as DNP/NIR just as it has all season, so who knows ? Not still being technically injured isn't the same as having the backpedal speed & short area explosiveness back, though. If that happens, he becomes by far the best speed and zone corner they have, I agree. Right now, Durant is that guy & playing pretty well, no ?

I think we might see more of the no-LB , 5 DL/6 DB formation we saw last week a few times than lots of Speights or Hummel. Shula channeling his Uncle Fritz's creativity. Chuckie calls it "Fever" in his preview, irrc. If so, either the safeties will be lauded as heroes or we'll be watching some Aaron Jones house calls.

I think Lake gets the green dot.

Psycho_X

Legend
Only 1 player on the field can have the "green dot" at a time. They have a few players that'll have the mic for things like injuries or subs, but only 1 person is getting the calls. No clue who the backup is behind Reeder, guessing it's been Lake.
Word has been that Lake has had the green dot for a while now. So that shouldn't be an issue.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
I have a feeling we are going to pull this out for some reason and upset them. I mean If we dont, we expected it. Things are pointing that way for it to turn our favor. We have been 1 score in all the games except AZ, now We have Kupp back that right there is at least 7 points min.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Word has been that Lake has had the green dot for a while now. So that shouldn't be an issue.
I saw someone throw that out here a few weeks back, but I don't know how true that is. Everything that I've seen or read suggests it's always been Reeder. I checked the Packers game after it was mentioned, it's hard to get a clear look at the back of the helmet but I'm 95% sure it was on Reeder. Also Jourdan has been calling Reeder the green dot this whole time, she might have missed the change.

They wouldn't have to work anything out if it has been Lake.

Psycho_X

Legend
I saw someone throw that out here a few weeks back, but I don't know how true that is. Everything that I've seen or read suggests it's always been Reeder. I checked the Packers game after it was mentioned, it's hard to get a clear look at the back of the helmet but I'm 95% sure it was on Reeder. Also Jourdan has been calling Reeder the green dot this whole time, she might have missed the change.

They wouldn't have to work anything out if it has been Lake.

Yeah I'm not completely sure, I'm going off what a few posters here said weeks ago. Figured they heard it from somewhere official but not sure. Lake would be the obvious choice since he's one of the few players who is on the field for every defensive snap.