Vent thread Rams vs. Steelers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I mentioned this in another thread. Maybe Sean should seriously consider an OC to call plays in his offense. He seems on the surface to not be a huge Ego guy...i.e. Martz, so I would hope he might consider it if it's what the Doc orders.

He did lose his right hand men to the Packers and Bengals. I don’t know how much that plays into how these have gone down this season.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
There is no hope for our oline this year.
What really concerns me, is I doubt we can fix it by next season.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I mentioned this in another thread. Maybe Sean should seriously consider an OC to call plays in his offense. He seems on the surface to not be a huge Ego guy...i.e. Martz, so I would hope he might consider it if it's what the Doc orders.

If nothing else, I think he needs a quality control guy to whisper in his ear.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
can’t say I disagree there ... and again that’s not really my argument ... my argument is Gurley isn’t the same player ...and that’s why brown and hendo are taking touches from Gurley

edit : and even together brown and Henderson aren’t close to the running back that Gurley was

Operative word.............was.:(

To be fair, he's not the same player, seems to lack previous initial burst. But make no mistake, this OL is playing a huge role...
There is no hope for our oline this year.
What really concerns me, is I doubt we can fix it by next season.

Yup, by then they'll be looking for a LT to boot.

Tano

Legend
This!!! This offense does nothing that the 2017/2018 offense did even though it was successful. The jet sweeps and screens were an extension of the running game. They did it about 5-10 times a game. Now nada. Its all Jared 7 step drop and hope he gets the damn ball out before the DE/LB hits his arm. Every damn time. In the 2nd half they did a couple PA rollouts but they stopped calling it for some reason even though they worked. Also the passes over the middle of the field to the TE and receivers was there but not called until the last couple drives. Just baffling play calling. I think Veronika has disturbed Seans Zen
I think you nailed the issue with the Rams on the button with the last sentence.

Sean is engaged right now and I bet Veronika keeps calling him up to ask him what do you think about this for the wedding/reception.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see DPI on the 4th down pass to the endzone. Let's not become one of those fanbases that starts seeing bad calls where they're not.

Of course you didn't. You also probably didn't see all the other calls that went the Steelers way throughout the game.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I don't see DPI on the 4th down pass to the endzone. Let's not become one of those fanbases that starts seeing bad calls where they're not.

At the very least it was face-guarding. The DB never turned for the ball. And there was contact before the ball arrived.

If that occurred midfield, you don't think it's worth a flag?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Because even if the offensive line is only giving the QB a few seconds to throw, the skill guys are good enough to get open in 3 seconds.

Seriously you think Goff has 3 seconds? Are you watching the games?

But this year I hope the Rams draft a QB they can develop into that.

If there was a "dumbest post of the year emoji this thought would win.

This isn't to say you couldn't top it, I expect you will.

It shouldn't matter the protection when you have the skill guys the Rams have. Any QB should be able to make that work with the guys the Rams have. Yes, I trust McVay. He's the guy that took the Rams from the worst offense under Fisher, to the best in his first season. But, that was with a great o line and a QB that can only function with great protection. Rams no longer have that. They never will given the cap again.

If your QB can't scramble, and he can't read a defense in 3 seconds, you're screwed. No offensive coordinator can make that work. If you call the long developing play, the line doesn't hold up long enough. If you count on your qb making the right quick read in 3 seconds, and he can't do it, your passing attack is done for.

This is a Goff issue. It's not McVay. McVay's calling the plays he thinks Goff can execute best.

I predicted this, see above.

Not true at all. Great QBs make bad offensive lines look better than they are because they can make quick decisions. Tom Brady's done it for years.

Twice you topped it!!! Yeah Brady has been playing with terrible OL's his entire career. LOL.

That's a problem on him alone. Not the o line. Not the coaching. Him period.

Trifecta!!!

Do you even watch the games?

As far as McVay, I still have faith in him. Maybe he should consider getting an OC?

Maybe he can design plays and let someone else call each down. He's becoming single minded and predictable.

QUOTE="LARams_1963, post: 1258535, member: 4131"]
Yes... the Refs stole this one from us 100%.
[/QUOTE]

Nope, the refs did a decent job.

4 TO's and dumbfuck playcalling lost the game.

Ramrock 1

Rookie
We can't blame the refs. If we do it completely dismisses the Rams win in the NFCCG. Part of being a champion is overcoming bad referee calls.

There are so many reasons why we lost.

That is not to say we didn't have atrocious calls go against us.
The absolutely atrocious officiating was just one of many flies on the steaming pile of shit McVay AND the players laid.......disgusted !!!

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I duuno @LesBaker . How the hell does the ball go forward 5+yds when no one hits your arm forward? I mean.. that was the game.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I can only give one react to an individual post, so I'm picking out some quotes for individual reactions.

If there was a "dumbest post of the year emoji this thought would win.

This isn't to say you couldn't top it, I expect you will.

Threadwinner.

Seriously you think Goff has 3 seconds? Are you watching the games?

I predicted this, see above.

High Five

Twice you topped it!!! Yeah Brady has been playing with terrible OL's his entire career. LOL.

High Five
Trifecta!!!

Do you even watch the games?

High Five

Ramrock 1

Rookie
Gurley looks pissed off after every game. He doesnt have to say anything
Looked to me like he was laughing on the sideline while they were losing to me ! Usually not a sign of injury or discomfort....disrespect maybe !! -Sickened !!!

jacktheripper85

Starter
Im not sure why McVay could not have thrown the red flag on the DPI that was not called in the end zone late in the game.

As fans the main concern we should have is why is our QB, when we need 10 yards to pick up a first down with plenty of time on the clock, heaving a pass into double coverage in that situation into the end zone?

That’s a bailout play and shows that Goff is playing a little shell shocked. Terrible decision on his part.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looked to me like he was laughing on the sideline while they were losing to me ! Usually not a sign of injury or discomfort....disrespect maybe !! -Sickened !!!

He wasn't the least bit into the game , and yes he was smiling and joking around the majority of the game . Not quite the superstar and team leader the Rams paid him to be . Woods was pissed towards the end of the game and was on the sideline anxious to get back out there . Big difference in attitude

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
As fans the main concern we should have is why is our QB, when we need 10 yards to pick up a first down with plenty of time on the clock, heaving a pass into double coverage in that situation into the end zone?

That’s a bailout play and shows that Goff is playing a little shell shocked. Terrible decision on his part.

Watch the replay on that play. All three receivers were deep. TE/RB were behind the LOS. Reynolds is the only guy who beat his man. Kupp was double covered. It was the best option on the field.

Click the link for the time stamp:
View: https://youtu.be/dnfGEDHB7Uk?t=728

Status
Not open for further replies.