Vent thread Rams vs. Steelers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jt13

UDFA
Im not sure why McVay could not have thrown the red flag on the DPI that was not called in the end zone late in the game.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Im not sure why McVay could not have thrown the red flag on the DPI that was not called in the end zone late in the game.

Are you referring to the 4th down play? It was under two minutes. Bad no call but we didn’t deserve to win.

Where’s the 22 personnel? Why can’t we use our talented tight ends? Run the ball.

I’ve lost faith in McVay for this season, unfortunately. He’s just too stubborn. Hope he learns, he’s still young. But this was one of the worst offensive performances I’ve seen by the Rams, and I’ve watched every game for 15 god forsaken years...

Playoffs are out of question now. We’d need to win out. I’m honestly upset we have a prime time game next week where everyone will get to see what a joke of an OL we have. Can’t wait!

Please McVay prove me wrong!!!

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I think we are somewhat delusional if we expect to squeeze into the playoffs this year. It would be awesome if we were to pull that off. IMO it’s just not our year. If we can’t get by a Steeler team that has no Roethlisberger, Conner, Brown and Bell playing how can we expect to beat the hags and 9ers? This Steelers game was our SB this year (my opinion only).
I felt that way about the Saints game.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I told myself I wasn't gonna come to ROD today. So fucking disgusted by about everything that we saw yesterday. Yes... the Refs stole this one from us 100%. That being said our Offense was atrocious. All the way around with the exception of Gurley's running. Gurley's receptions, or lack there of, out of the backfield were ugly. The O-line? What can we say. We're down to 2's for the most part. Maybe because of that we should be getting the ball out quicker. Maybe shorter routes and quick slants. Mix it up, everything doesn't have to be a 15-20 yd play. Especially with the state of the O-line.

Goff, looked like he made some real bad decisions forcing the balls in. From the TV angle I can't see the entire field and all routes. So it begs the question was Pittsburgh's coverage that good? Were our guys just not consistently getting open? If that is the case you can't really blame JG too much. I did see him staring down a few routes though.

As far as McVay, I still have faith in him. Maybe he should consider getting an OC?

Overall, that was a must win game for us as we look at the remaining schedule. Right now I feel like we will be lucky to get to 9-7. Truly fucking depressing.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Not true at all. Great QBs make bad offensive lines look better than they are because they can make quick decisions. Tom Brady's done it for years.

Or great qbs can scramble out of trouble and make plays. Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers have done that for years behind bad offensive lines.

Likewise, mediocre QBs can make lines look worse by not feeling the rush, or having very slow decision making (holding the ball, etc etc).

The reason the QBs are paid franchise $$$$ in this league is because they are that important. And when you got a top 3 paid guy, playing like the 20th best guy in the league, your franchise is sunk. I see the same excuses being made for Goff among Ram fans that I saw with Bradford. Bad QB'ing is bad qb'ing.
You were probably one of those guy that wanted to run Kurt Warner out of town too. Now go play Madden.

Capitaino

UDFA
You were probably one of those guy that wanted to run Kurt Warner out of town too. Now go play Madden.

You were probably one of those guys that supported Sam Bradford and made every excuse why he sucked. Sorry, not into excuses.

When you make big bucks, you gotta play like a big time player. Goff's not doing that this year. I want to win. If our QB isn't great, at his salary, we will never win.

And there's no doubt that between 2003 and 2006, Marc Bulger was a better QB than Kurt Warner. That's a fact. Check the stats. I'm not a fanboy. I root for a winning team. I don't care who the QB is, I want to win. But when I see a QB, getting paid like the best player in the league, and performing like the 20th best QB in the league, that's a problem. That's a problem on him alone. Not the o line. Not the coaching. Him period.

Now you go watch some more film. Turn on NFL Network. Learn the game. Get back to me and we can discuss this further. You tell me what Goff does at an elite level. Because when you have 18 possessions in a game, and you don't score a TD, that's on the QB. Especially when you got the weapons the Rams have.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
You were probably one of those guys that supported Sam Bradford and made every excuse why he sucked. Sorry, not into excuses.

When you make big bucks, you gotta play like a big time player. Goff's not doing that this year. I want to win. If our QB isn't great, at his salary, we will never win.

And there's no doubt that between 2003 and 2006, Marc Bulger was a better QB than Kurt Warner. That's a fact. Check the stats. I'm not a fanboy. I root for a winning team. I don't care who the QB is, I want to win. But when I see a QB, getting paid like the best player in the league, and performing like the 20th best QB in the league, that's a problem. That's a problem on him alone. Not the o line. Not the coaching. Him period.

Now you go watch some more film. Turn on NFL Network. Learn the game. Get back to me and we can discuss this further. You tell me what Goff does at an elite level. Because when you have 18 possessions in a game, and you don't score a TD, that's on the QB. Especially when you got the weapons the Rams have.

ok genius. Maybe you should be the coach/GM.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I think Goff can be Elite. Being the true Pocket Passer that he is requires a good O-line. When he has protection he plays at a whole nother level.

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
ok genius. Maybe you should be the coach/GM.

Why the pissing contest? RIGHT NOW, McVay is doing a terrible job of coaching the offense. In reality, they didn't even really look that good against the Falcons or Bengals. Goff is doing a terrible job throwing the football RIGHT NOW. Honestly, I think this is more a function of McVay's gameplan.

Where were the jet sweeps and the wide receiver screens yesterday? Why wait until the 4th quarter to use the TE's short in the middle? Why abandon Gurley? The gameplanning is terrible.

McVay needs to adapt and fast, or he is nothing more than Martz 2.0. It's just facts.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler

Im not sure how one can blame Goff and support Mcvay and the front office. You can't really say Goff isnt the guy and and the same time back Mcvay because Sean and the front office think Goff is the guy that's why they gave him the contract. So to me by saying Goff isnt the guy you're actually saying Mcvay and the front office don't know know what they're doing.

Just like the rest of us you're frustrated I get it man but it's not fair to put all of it on Goff.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't think Goff will ever be in the elite category. But they can win with him if they can fix some things. As far as that contract, starting quarterbacks get paid. Life in the NFL. They've invested so much in him they have to see it through.

You can say we're stuck with him and that's fine. Maybe we are. But moving on from him and recycling journeymen quarterbacks every year will only make things worse. For better or worse, Goff is our guy. McVay too. As fans all we can do is hope they right the ship after a bad season.

Ram77

Rookie
Where were the jet sweeps and the wide receiver screens yesterday? Why wait until the 4th quarter to use the TE's short in the middle? Why abandon Gurley? The gameplanning is terrible.
This!!! This offense does nothing that the 2017/2018 offense did even though it was successful. The jet sweeps and screens were an extension of the running game. They did it about 5-10 times a game. Now nada. Its all Jared 7 step drop and hope he gets the damn ball out before the DE/LB hits his arm. Every damn time. In the 2nd half they did a couple PA rollouts but they stopped calling it for some reason even though they worked. Also the passes over the middle of the field to the TE and receivers was there but not called until the last couple drives. Just baffling play calling. I think Veronika has disturbed Seans Zen

SAK11

Rookie
Well, the defense came to play. Unfortunately the offense looked putrid.

I'm especially disappointed with Goff. I pumped his tires when he was great so I have to criticize him when he stinks. He stunk. His internal clock is clicking a little too slow. Yes, there was plenty of pressure but a lot of the time he could've stepped up, or thrown the ball quicker. He's had fumbling issues from the start so with a lesser o-line, it's even worse.

The biggest change in my opinion is how this offense went from being Gurley's to Goff's. Gurley was playing the way McCaffrey is playing now. He was arguably the best offensive player in football. It made Goff's job a whole lot easier. People can keep pretending nothing is wrong with him but in the 8 games he's played this year, he has averaged 64 yards per game and 4.3 yards per touch. In the two years before, he averaged 135 yards per game and 6 yards per touch. He's been especially useless in the pass game. It's made a huge difference for the whole offense, especially in asking too much of Goff with a lesser o-line.

Ellard80

Legend

fuck i'm still pissed. the rams oline fucking sucks but the stealers still needed 4 different calls to go their way which had a significant effect on the result. fuck these fucking refs and the booth lackeys.

dpi on a ball that was 20 yards behind the receiver. fuck me. it still would have been offside on the rams but that call gave them 30 yards.

there's no way washington got his second foot down before his right knee touched out of bounds. no fucking way. and for those fuckwits in the booth to green light it without letting the ref take a much closer look at it, fuck them.

there's no fucking way goff fumbled. no fucking way. his hand was moving forward then the ball slipped out of his hand. and for those fuckwits in the booth to green light it without letting the ref take a much closer look at it, fuck them.

the lackeys in the booth chose to take a closer look at everett staying in bounds. can you believe that shit? they spent 5 mins looking at a play that was so obviously inbounds yet wouldn't look at two plays that led to tds. those fucking elephant dick sucking motherfucking motherfuckers.

on the fake punt that fucking stealers defender so obviously fumbled before his knee hit the ground. it was so obvious. and for those fuckwits in the booth to green light it without letting the ref take a much closer look at it, fuck them.

there's no way that ball came out of rudolph's hand going forward. no fucking way. at best it was going straight down to the ground. i can't believe the rams didn't throw the red flag.

that was such a blatant dpi in the endzone. it doesn't get more blatant than that. without looking back for the ball he pushed reynolds way before the ball got there. compare that to the call they made on ramsey that led to the stealers first td. fucking cocksuckers.

i can handle bad calls going both ways but when all of them go one way that's fucked up. the rams were absolutely surgeoned. i don't usually get this worked up over refs calls but today it was just too much.

I must agree.... this was an even worse level of officiating then the normal shit show they run out there.

Some of the shit they didn't even review - it was very strange.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Why the pissing contest? RIGHT NOW, McVay is doing a terrible job of coaching the offense. In reality, they didn't even really look that good against the Falcons or Bengals. Goff is doing a terrible job throwing the football RIGHT NOW. Honestly, I think this is more a function of McVay's gameplan.

McVay needs to adapt and fast, or he is nothing more than Martz 2.0. It's just facts.

I’m basically saying much of what you are, but the other participant in said pissing contest seems to believe Goff should be able to overcome both lousy pass protection and bad decision making by the guy calling plays. Goff certainly isn’t playing as good as the last two seasons, but he’s getting no help from the OL or the playcalling, and it’s just not realistic to expect him to maintain the level of play of the previous two seasons in that context.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see DPI on the 4th down pass to the endzone. Let's not become one of those fanbases that starts seeing bad calls where they're not.

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
I don't see DPI on the 4th down pass to the endzone. Let's not become one of those fanbases that starts seeing bad calls where they're not.

By rule it was DPI, because the player made contact and was not looking back. But they will never all something that minor.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'M JUST REALLY ANGRY RIGHT NOW...WITH McVAY FOR MANY REASONS WHEN IT COMES TO THAT GAME!!!

The Rams are in the "playoff pickle barrel" now.

At this point they don't control their on destiny as I see it...and with a pretty tough schedule I don't see the Rams in the playoffs unless they win out.

Of course things can change...but their in the hole right now...:mad:

I have no more to say until next week!!!

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I think we need an Offensive Coordinator who can work with a below average QB and OL. Let McVay focus on managing the game instead of trying to do both. He's not doing a good job at either role.

The final 2 drives: After we failed on 4th down we held them to a 3 and out. Maybe we should have gone for the FG instead of the difficult TD on that 4th down, held them to 3 and out and then another FG. I thought we had a better shot going that route knowing how well the D was doing and how poorly the O was.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I think we need an Offensive Coordinator.
I mentioned this in another thread. Maybe Sean should seriously consider an OC to call plays in his offense. He seems on the surface to not be a huge Ego guy...i.e. Martz, so I would hope he might consider it if it's what the Doc orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.