Vent thread: Rams @ Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I wouldnt say we need 2 wr. I say 1 would be fine. Can u admit that the wr was not the problem today and it was foles? I like wilson and Doctson. Wilson reminds me of Benjamin

I would say that we need two because Quick and Britt are likely gone after this year. Britt's contract is essentially a one-year with an option. And yes, I can easily say that Foles was the major problem today. I still think that we need two wide receivers.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Foles best season in Philly ? Andy Reid calling plays, Maclin, Jackson receiving, Celek tight end and Shady McCoy in the backfield, how would you like that in St louis. would we be having these posts ? still think Foles sucks? kiss my #%&%

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Hence my comment on not winning us games. 3rd down is the money down. A QB that wins games consistently will convert 3rd downs consistently
Well my point is that he doesn't need to be slinging TD's. TDs win games. 3rd conversions help, but that it doesn't directly win you games.

lockdnram21

Legend
I would say that we need two because Quick and Britt are likely gone after this year. Britt's contract is essentially a one-year with an option. And yes, I can easily say that Foles was the major problem today. I still think that we need two wide receivers.
I could see drafting 1 but dont see them drafting 2. If we get 2 new one will be a free agent. From what I seen Quick should have had 3-4 catches and Bailey should have had a couple. I think its going to be hard to guage receivers with Foles and play calling.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I could see drafting 1 but dont see them drafting 2. If we get 2 new one will be a free agent. From what I seen Quick should have had 3-4 catches and Bailey should have had a couple. I think its going to be hard to guage receivers with Foles and play calling.

Bailey is a fourth receiver at best, and I liked the guy. Quick is a free agent after this year, along with Britt, and neither of them have shown up. Cook will likely be cut. We need two other threats that aren't named Tavon and TG30.

fancents86

Starter
Well that was just utterly terrible football. We looked like an inept team who's only chance to win was to take out the qb. The play calls toward the last minutes were absolutely pathetic. I said I wouldn't get mad if we lost this, but this hurts more than any loss we've had so far. This game would have more than likely won if we took that extra kick. So fuking pissed right now.

FRO

Legend
The sad thing is rookie QBs and rookie WRs don't come in and perform at a super bowl level in their first year, for the most part. Our defense is ready to compete for a title now. They are very good. Our RB is top 5 in the league and you could easily make the argument he is the best in the league. Our passing game sucks so bad we are 4-4. If our passing game was average we would be super bowl contenders.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If GZ hits that FG and the D gets the stop, which they did, then the FG that tied the game at the end of regulation would have been the game winner. It may not have been the call you would have made, but if the team executes the plays called Fishers strategy would have worked.

There are no sure things in the nfl. It wasn't a chip kick. Don't understand why he wouldn't go for a 1st down. It felt like the 3 plays were geared towards the fg. Playing not to lose generally leads to losing and it was proven again today.

Snead always says you can't draft scared. I wish he would tell the coach not to be scared when the Rams have the ball with a chance to win the game.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Foles is a liability at this point. His accuracy is erratic at best and he is slow making decisions in the pocket. Every WR besides Austin is replaceable IMO. None of them offer a consistent threat to the D. They all disappear for drives and games at time. Cook is a straight up bum who should be inactive. The D played pretty well I thought without so many key players. Just no consistent pressure and the penalties were killers.

If Foles looks like this against the Bears at home, I'm ready for Keenum.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Look, I love Gurley. But that wasn't a get the first down run. It was a set up the field goal run. It was upsetting to see Fisher concede the tie at that point. Especially with it not being an easy FG for Greg. If there's one thing that bothers me about Fisher, it's how conservative he is in situations like that. Go for the throat.
I agree with you that it was definitely a "Set up the field goal" run. However, I would have done the same thing. We had been stopping there offense, especially with Hill in at QB. I agree with what Fisher did to go to OT. , especially with the wind conditions and the kick not being a simple chip shot.

Our offense just wet the bed in OT, setting up good field position for their offense. Which is unfortunate.

fancents86

Starter
Our offense sh!t the bed the entire game. Look at how many 3-outs we had. When an offense like ours gets near the end zone you take the risk, bc chances are you're not getting there again. And you don't rely on a kicker who is inconsistent when the other team has one who has been on point.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Foles is a liability at this point.
If Foles looks like this against the Bears at home, I'm ready for Keenum.

Nah. I called it 5 days ago. I said if Foles doesn't show he has something to offer in THIS game against the vikings, he should be benched the following week for Keenum. He should NOT get another week to fail. Still mathematically in the playoffs although realistically out. Keenum needs to play immediately. Mannion is not god enough yet, not even close.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Foles hasn't thrown for 200 yards plus since week one. How is that even possible?
I just asked the Universe and it said that is absolutely impossible, that I was nuts.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Look, I love Gurley. But that wasn't a get the first down run. It was a set up the field goal run. It was upsetting to see Fisher concede the tie at that point. Especially with it not being an easy FG for Greg. If there's one thing that bothers me about Fisher, it's how conservative he is in situations like that. Go for the throat.

Good point. Especially on the road. That said, I see @RamBall s point too.

This offense is just such a fucking mess right now. There's so many things wrong it's hard to pinpoint a specific problem. The playcalling this game was pretty atrocious too.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Yep. He takes care to keep the football out of the end-zone. ;)
Yep, he takes care of the football while taking numerous sacks for 5+ yards or more, and that's after having 4 full seconds to throw it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with you that it was definitely a "Set up the field goal" run. However, I would have done the same thing. We had been stopping there offense, especially with Hill in at QB. I agree with what Fisher did to go to OT. , especially with the wind conditions and the kick not being a simple chip shot.

Our offense just wet the bed in OT, setting up good field position for their offense. Which is unfortunate.

I think that's why you go for the win. Our offense had been bad all day. They have Shaun Hill. Go for the go ahead score and force them to win it.

fearsomefour

Legend
We need a damn o-line and a consistent go to WR who can come up with tough catches.

Getting really annoyed with the Foles talk. Might as well just give it up cause he's not going anywhere unless he's injured. We just gave the guy an extension. Either get behind him or stop hating on him.
Tough catches on which routes....the 5-10 yard out to the sideline or the WR screen? This seems to be 80% of the Rams passing game to the WRs.
Hard to know for sure what is up with the passing game. I don't think a dynamic WR would make a difference unless it changed the approach in the passing game. Would Keenum make a difference? Don't know....he may be better with some of the things Foles struggles with.
Its not an either or prop by the way. One can be critical of his performance and not be a hater. One can hope to see improvement....it doesn't mean a person isn't "behind" Foles....whatever that even means.
I hope Foles improves and does well. I hope the passing game clicks and takes off. I hope Foles turns out to be the kind of trade and contract that allows the Rams deep playoff runs. But, I don't see how anyone can say his performance has been anything but "blah" this season so far.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Your defense is not bad. You had a couple of starters out as did we. Joyner? Don't think he is a dirty player, just a late hit. It happens. Lot's of penalties called and not called on both sides. Well more called on the Rams. Couple of those 5 yards offside penalties killed you though.

Back Up Bubba . You were missing two starting rookie defenders in your Gator DT and your UCLA LB PERIOD. We were missing both VETERAN #1 Pick DE's that lead the PRESSURE on this "D" with our two penetrating #1 drafted DT's coming up the middle. We also were missing our Top Tackling LB in Alec Ogletree and our Pro Bowl level SS in Tim McDonald who would have been a major Missle early and often against AP . You saw two guy's who saw their very first NFL action EVER at UDFA Longacre from Division two and was on Practice squad all season till this week and a #4 pick in Mo Alexander who played 6 plays in last weeks game and was scored on today. He took himself out of the play. Something a vet like McDonald would never do.

I forgot we started another rookie at OLG due to our starting ORT (Havenstein)our best OL ,just going out during the week the whole OL was reshuffled and it showed. Thats why Gurley did'nt have his usual holes.

Your future schedule will show you for who your team really is.Those refs don't travel with ya'll. You got their sympathy flags today after TB hit. So freakin sad . Ya'll were going after Gurleys legs all day. We saw it. You well know you don't have what it takes. We have the 32ND offense and it took the refs and a coin flip to beat us and barely beating the bears.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One more thing I have to say, you know what amazes me? Watching other teams and not seeing 3 defenders coming through their OL off the snap on running plays.