[Updated] CBS / Romo / ESPN / TNF Broadcast Crews 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Peyton? Yes.
Eli? Fuck no. Dude has ZERO PERSONALITY, and one could make the case he's autistic.
He has personality around his brothers! And when he destroy Cowboys during games in his career! haha:ROFLMAO:

Young Ram

Hall of Fame

this is so stupid. who tunes into a game to listen to the commentator? that's the last thing on my mind when i'm wondering if i'm gonna watch a particular game.

Commentators are for the casual fans and is needed. They can also add to the emotions of the game if they’re good. Romo’s knowledge of the game is valuable.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not bad for a Quarterback that never won a Playoff Game!
1582987987765.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Well earned. He is the best in the game right now imo.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Good for him. He's wildly popular and their competition made a serious push for him. Also Michael Thomas is again proving he's an idiot.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Cantguardmike/status/1233584754232090624

It’s funny when I first heard Romo I was geared up to stab my ear drums with a pencil but it never happened. I actually never reached for the mute button.

After hearing dudes like Tiki or Toki Barber and so many other annoying freaks call games I think Romo is under paid.

* notice the respect here, I’m calling him Romo and not Homo

jap

Legend
I would LOVE to hear Romo calling all the Horns games. No commentator has paid nearly as much respect to Jared's talent and latent potential as this guy.

Last edited:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know Booger is bad when you’d rather have Dennis Miller back in the booth instead
Hope ESPN gets him. Romo may be the best out there but I’d rather hear him every week guaranteed as opposed to maybe 1 or 2 times a year
Miller making a mention of a 15th century philosopher you never heard of and trying to tie it into the football game commentary, in real time........... Good Lord! I think that would be better than Booger!

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Miller making a mention of a 15th century philosopher you never heard of and trying to tie it into the football game commentary, in real time........... Good Lord! I think that would be better than Booger!
Dude you don’t like Booger? The man is a class act! Wouldn’t you love to cut it up with him with the Captain under the stars smoking a stoogie?
D30599F1-EADF-4637-BD4B-7DB388D5CDD2.png

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think we can all agree that Michael Thomas isn't a deep thinker.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ESPN moves on to “alternative plans” to remake MNF booth

ESPN had hoped to hire Tony Romo as the new Monday Night Football analyst. With Romo staying put at CBS, ESPN must move on to Plan B.

Andrew Marchand of the New York Post reports that ESPN has “alternative plans” for the Monday night booth. Per Marchand, the first call “likely” will be made to Peyton Manning, whose relationship with ESPN expanded in 2019 to include Peyton’s Places on ESPN+.

If Peyton once again declines (and maybe $17 million per year will get his attention), ESPN will have to move to Plan C. Regardless, it still feels like a major change is coming to Monday nights, especially since the broadcast will be changing producers.

Last year, Joe Tessitore handled play-by-play and Booger McFarland served as the analyst. In 2018, McFarland roamed the sideline in a down-in-front rolling chair, with Tessitore and Jason Witten in the booth.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
How Peyton Manning almost stole Tony Romo’s job at CBS Sports

On Friday, CBS sealed its deal to retain former Dallas Cowboysquarterback Tony Romo as its No. 1 NFL analyst. But the New York Post’s Andrew Marchand reports CBS tried calling an audible before re-signing Romo.

CBS offered Peyton Manning Romo’s job, The Post has learned. With CBS’ apprehension so great about where Romo’s salary might be headed and with ESPN so eager to sign him, CBS called for an audible in the middle of negotiations. ... In the midst of the Romo talks, CBS offered (Peyton) Manning a contract that is believed to be in the range of $10-12 million a year for five or six seasons, according to sources.

Marchand reports Manning was not quick to respond to CBS’ offer, so the network decided to make a deal with the devil it knows, giving Romo a 10-year deal which could be worth as much as $180 million.

CBS’ aggressive bid was designed to prevent Romo from jumping to ESPN, with the Worldwide Leader looking to revamp “Monday Night Football.” Marchand reports ESPN was preparing to make Romo a “10-year, $140 million offer, according to sources. If Romo had hit the open market, maybe ESPN would have bid higher.”

In an ironic twist, ESPN is now expected to take another run at Manning for the “Monday Night Football” broadcast booth.

As for Romo, he’s now the highest-paid NFL analyst in TV history. Marchand reports Romo will make more than twice what former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman makes as Fox Sports’ No. 1 NFL analyst. Marchand reports Aikman’s salary is “believed to make in the $6.5-$7.5 million range, according to sources.”

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
ESPN Reportedly Decides On “Monday Night Football” Broadcasting Team

ESPN has reportedly made a final decision on who will be in the booth for Monday Night Football when the 2020 NFL season kicks off.

After a failed experiment with Booger McFarland and Joe Tessitore in the booth, the Worldwide Leader needed a new team. Following a months-long search, it looks like they’ve finally made a decision.

According to media insider James Miller, the MNF broadcast booth will consist of Steve Levy, Brian Griese and Louis Riddick. That trio will call the first game of the season.

However, for ESPN’s second “Monday Night Football” game of the night, a different crew will be on the call. ESPN’s No. 1 college football team of Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit will be on the call.

View: https://twitter.com/jimmiller/status/1289219565512060928?s=21

Miller noted the broadcasting team could change if the 2020 college football season is canceled or postponed until the spring. If the college football season isn’t played, it’s an easy decision for ESPN to move Herbstreit into the “MNF” broadcast booth.

He and Chris Fowler are arguably the best broadcasting team in the sport and would give fans a fresh look heading into the 2020 season for “Monday Night Football.”

Andrew Marchand of the New York Post, first reported the potential of Herbstreit calling NFL games this fall.

It looks like he’ll call at least one game when the 2020 season kicks off in just a few weeks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I like Riddick, might actually turn the sound back on if I watch MNF.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not sure Tessitore even likes Booger. Seriously.

Hope that’s not a LSU South thing.

Does it even matter ?? Booger is not good. At times he does make good points, but a team took a 10 yard holding call at the 2 & said that was a good thing. Maybe it was a 5 yard holding call. Either way. Horrible reasoning.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

this is so stupid. who tunes into a game to listen to the commentator? that's the last thing on my mind when i'm wondering if i'm gonna watch a particular game.

IDK, commentator's are like long snappers in football, you don't notice them unless they suck and then when you have someone special at that position, you do acknowledge it.