Upcoming QB Contracts for Tagovailoa, Prescott, and Lawrence

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the cowboys are so wishy washy.

it's obvious they don't think dak is the guy but are too scared to do anything about it.

unlike the rams. mcvay knew during the 20 season that goff wasn't gonna be his guy so he rode him hard to try and get it out of him but all he did was make him worse. much worse. so in the offseason they made their move and got mcvay the qb he wanted. didn't care what it cost and what the idiots in the media thought. made their move and hit the jackpot.

the cowboys are too scared to make a move. should have been sorted out before the league new year so they had a plan of attack for free agency and the draft. instead they sat on their hands and will waste another year and who knows how many more now.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the cowboys are too scared to make a move. should have been sorted out before the league new year so they had a plan of attack for free agency and the draft. instead they sat on their hands and will waste another year and who knows how many more now.
100%
While Dak has ability, he is a product of the system there. He's like a modern day Donovan McNabb and if he goes elsewhere, he'll end up being a pedestrian QB like McNabb was.
Sadly, the Cowboys know this, heck they won games with Cooper Rush at QB and giving up on Dak doesnt mean giving up on the chance of winning. Alas...
Maybe they'll give Lance a shot. Would be funny if he ended up being good.

20hrswk

UDFA
It's the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl.
Your team has the ball at the opponent's 25 yard line with 2 timeouts, down 20 - 16 with 4:27 to play.
Oh, 2 of your WRs and 2 TEs are hurt and unable to play. You still have WR1 . . . but everyone knows it.
Your OL is pass blocking well, but you have little/no running game.

In this situation, which QBs would you trust to lead your team down the field to the championship winning TD?
Please assume your QB will not get lucky and bounce a pass off an opponent's helmet for a 50 yard gain - lol.
Assume he will make smart, accurate throw after smart, accurate throw all the way down the field.

Any QB you don't trust in this situation should not be getting top QB $.

I'll start with Mahomes and Stafford. Who else?

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
With dak I would let him walk unless he got the boys to a championship gm. The other 2 I wouldn't even discuss an extension until I see some consistency. 1 good year doesn't deserve top 5 qb pay. I'll tag and trade them if it comes to that b4 I commit to a qb who hasn't shown at least some consistency.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Not for next year but beyond 2025, I'm intrigued that Lawrence could be a potential target to replace Stafford. Drafting a replacement for Stafford is easier said than done (especially after winning two consecutive super bowl titles). The Rams may not able to maneuver into a position to draft a suitable replacement so getting a talented reclamation project backstopped by a developmental mid round draft pick (Not Stetson) might be their best shot.

dang

Legend
Not for next year but beyond 2025, I'm intrigued that Lawrence could be a potential target to replace Stafford. Drafting a replacement for Stafford is easier said than done (especially after winning two consecutive super bowl titles). The Rams may not able to maneuver into a position to draft a suitable replacement so getting a talented reclamation project backstopped by a developmental mid round draft pick (Not Stetson) might be their best shot.
Or will Harbaugh want his own guy at QB after coaching Hebert through the 2024 season?

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Or will Harbaugh want his own guy at QB after coaching Hebert through the 2024 season?
Given a choice between the two I would actually prefer Herbert I just did not think SD would let him go. It is the Chargers so you never know.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cant be moved for a couple of years due to that contract he just signed
I suppose anything is possible but I cant see how he'd want to move on from Herbert after 2 seasons, if they arent winning games at that point even his job would be on the line

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No, Harbaugh took the Charger job because of Justin Herbert and Herbert & Harbaugh will eventually become a lethal combination IMHO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The biggest problem you can have in today's league is insufficient quality at QB. But paying a mediocre QB a huge chunk of your cap space is a very close second.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The biggest problem you can have in today's league is insufficient quality at QB. But paying a mediocre QB a huge chunk of your cap space is a very close second.
1717683472095.png

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather laugh my ass off if he became a good quarterback and beat the 49ers on their way to an 0-17 season

We almost saw them have an 0 and 16 season. Except they swept the Rams and finished with 2 wins.

Thanks Jeff Fisher and Rob Boreus.