Tyler Higbee is a Stud

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Growing up I always Loved #85 on The Left & #89 on the Right.Had a #85 cheap tough Jersey.Remember after growing out of it this guy played in The SuperBowl with a Broken Leg!!!

The Rams almost beat The Great Steelers team of a Decade.Some real tough players in time.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fred Dyer #89 had a Great motor & was over powered a lot.He rarely took off a play.Rumor was he use to make a motor boat noise when playing.He always kept playing to the Whistle.In those days The Rams defense had to compete on a Level of The Fearsome Foursome. No easy task.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
With All that said.

Tyler Higbee played Butt of in 2020 after coming off one of The Great Ram Tight End seasons.His 5 100 plus yard games almost carried The Rams to The 2019 Playoffs.
Personally there were games I thought the Pain he was in there was no way he should be on the Field.He was blocking at a High Level with a Bad Arm?? Still made some excellent plays as well. Loved his TOUGHNESS

TexasRam

Legend
With All that said.

Tyler Higbee played Butt of in 2020 after coming off one of The Great Ram Tight End seasons.His 5 100 plus yard games almost carried The Rams to The 2019 Playoffs.
Personally there were games I thought the Pain he was in there was no way he should be on the Field.He was blocking at a High Level with a Bad Arm?? Still made some excellent plays as well. Loved his TOUGHNESS
He definitely played his Butt off. He's a Gamer. I wouldn't say he blocked at a high level though. His injury really hurt us when he struggled to block.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and predict that Stafford will be the best thing that’s happened for Higbee’s career.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'm just looking forward to seeing him have a year of good health.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He definitely played his Butt off. He's a Gamer. I wouldn't say he blocked at a high level though. His injury really hurt us when he struggled to block.

I don’t remember seeing him get blown away a miss any assignments.
We can always go back & elvaute plays.I look back to a pass Goff threw to him in late the 3rd qrt against SF that might have put The Rams in the Playoffs in 2019.His rookie year he got block so bad he went flying 5yrds back.Still don’t know how that is possible at his size to get thrown like that.
That all said just the fact he played through pain & still made key blocks.I was impressed by his toughness.Just makes how good of a 2021 season he could have with Matt Stafford. He has been attached to Jared Goff’s hip since he became a Ram.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Higs could have a monster year with Stafford. Hockenson was targeted 101 times last year with good results.
M.Jones had 115.

Granted, Golliday missed 10 games which shifts targets.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Higbee has a lot to prove IMO. His pass catching career was less than stellar prior to that 4 game outburst, and returned to that less than stellar mode in 2020. That was one 4 game glimpse in a 5 year career.
They could save a fortune if they traded him prior to his roster bonus, but obviously the TE room is tragically low on experience right now, so they'd have to spend a bit to replace him. It's surely his make or break year that's for sure
Tight end is the biggest oddity of McVay's career in LA. He was allegedly such a TE whispererer in Washington, and yet the TE play has been mostly unspectacular (save for a few BIG moments)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Higbee has a lot to prove IMO. His pass catching career was less than stellar prior to that 4 game outburst, and returned to that less than stellar mode in 2020. That was one 4 game glimpse in a 5 year career.
They could save a fortune if they traded him prior to his roster bonus, but obviously the TE room is tragically low on experience right now, so they'd have to spend a bit to replace him. It's surely his make or break year that's for sure
Tight end is the biggest oddity of McVay's career in LA. He was allegedly such a TE whispererer in Washington, and yet the TE play has been mostly unspectacular (save for a few BIG moments)

Without looking I'd wager that Higbees catch percentage and YPC are around what McVay had in Washington. Just a matter of targets.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
This is a big prove it year for Higbee. He has flashed potential, but flashing and continuing to excel are 2 different things. Not saying the guy has to set the world on fire, but I believe his stats need to show some improvement. If he doesn't come thru, I can see the Rams moving on after this year to save some much needed cap space. Wanna save they save about 5 mil if they do so which is quite a bit to be used if he's not up to snuff. I hope he balls out tho.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Without looking I'd wager that Higbees catch percentage and YPC are around what McVay had in Washington. Just a matter of targets.
Yeah, you dont usually get targeted when you're not open.
Higbee has been nothing more than a Jag outside of a 4 game blip

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Harris looks like a Nice project The Rams could draft
srahttps://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/08/rams-nfl-draft-jacob-harris-meeting/amp/ft ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Just going to make this post a Rams TE post. Just starting to break The Rams down 2021.Really tine to reflect & think about 2021 Draft at the End of the month.

Gerald Everett was McSneads first draft prospect together.I have a few thoughts,but will start by saying if Everett was McVays guy.Then trading back & getting JJ was a Great First Act.

TexasRam

Legend
Yeah, you dont usually get targeted when you're not open.
Higbee has been nothing more than a Jag outside of a 4 game blip

Truth. And that streak could be considered lots of gimmick plays when you consider the heavy rollouts were mostly a result of the terrible Oline at the end of 2019. Teams eventually schemed to stop that and to an extent could, if we used it that heavily.

Not to pile on, but that drop vs Atlanta in the playoffs still bothers me. It could have been two super bowls in 2 years.

Higbee is valuable in our scheme for sure, but he's an average TE otherwise.

But who knows, Maybe Stafford and Higs find something special. It has happened before.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Truth. And that streak could be considered lots of gimmick plays when you consider the heavy rollouts were mostly a result of the terrible Oline at the end of 2019. Teams eventually schemed to stop that and to an extent could, if we used it that heavily.

Not to pile on, but that drop vs Atlanta in the playoffs still bothers me. It could have been two super bowls in 2 years.

But who knows, Maybe Stafford and Higs find something special. It has happened before.

Anyone know if he had surgery on the elbow? It was heavily wrapped most of the season and looked to limit some range of motion.

In 2020 he wasn’t the same receiving threat... 521yds ranked 17th among TE’s.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I could pile on!! Did you ever go to a Rams Training Camp ?

You talk about The Rams in what ? 2017 ??

Then WTF don’t you go look at the last Niner game in 2019 ? Talking crap about the 2 22 year olds that had to start ?? Austin Blythe didn’t step in a cover that delayed blizt when Jared Goff threw that INT when if he stepped up & trusted the pocket he has a easy TD? Go at the pass Higbee dropped at the end of the 3rd Qrt.The Rams are up ? Then ask Wade why he has Gaines & Smart in with The Niners back up on there own 10. Then on 3rd & 19 why both JALEN RAMSEY & T. Rapp got caught around the line of scrimmage when they finally figured out what was going on ?

Tyler Higbee is a stud veteran Ram. The Rams & Higbee are way better than 2016. I’d also take that 2019 Offensive Line over whatever Jeff Fisher had.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anyone know if he had surgery on the elbow? It was heavily wrapped most of the season and looked to limit some range of motion.

In 2020 he wasn’t the same receiving threat... 521yds ranked 17th among TE’s.

I think that was my point about how he played hurt.The pain he was in as well. Now Gerald Everett is gone & it seems like TE has a big void ?

Especially if Higbee is just a JAG,but ranked 17 with a pass catching TE like Everett & being hurt seems like A Top 10 2021 TE to me. Enter Matthew Stafford.