Tutu's Theme Song: "Don't You, Forget About Me"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy

I never got Rush. Its like, if you are a fan of classic rock you are supposed to like them. I just never did.
I know Niel Peart is this supremely talented drummer. But when I see drummers with those huge drum kits I am like ugh, they might be temped to use all those things. Ends up sounding like gibberish to me. Peter Criss is the same way.
Then you have that stupid keyboard Rush uses, nah.
Drums, simple is better. Dave Grohl's drum kit when he was with Nirvana is my wheelhouse. (Foo Fighters are elevator music)

Tutu, I want to see some deep shots from him these playoffs. Once he gets past you no one ever seems to be able to keep up. And he does have guts. Better than Tavon IMO.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
I love 3 piece bands. Here is my version.
Now, just watch the drummer (Grohl) starting about the 20 sec mark. He holds the sticks like they are clubs and beats the drums like they owe him money. Hair flying all over the place, its great.
And tell me fellas if that does not look exactly like the drummer Animal from the Muppet Show !
Dave Grohl is a freaking Muppet here.
Muppet's rule !
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szk9StGhDGg&list=PL8vlRieH2oWmWnV42soc80XD5EvxxWPY8&index=2
OK, football, get Tutu the ball.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
2112 was a masterpiece start to finish. The rest of their stuff I am luke warm on.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Their debut album was fantastic. I think of it as the last nirvana album.

Everything after that i can't listen to at all.

Nothing as good as Simple Minds!

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Their debut album was fantastic. I think of it as the last nirvana album.

Everything after that i can't listen to at all.

Interesting note, I grew up in Arcata California, my hometown. We have this square plaza in town with a bar district on one side. Statue in the middle, that kind of thing. There was this little bar called Jambalaya just off the plaza. A lesbian bar at the time. And one day in the mid 90s I heard some friends say "Nirvana played at the Jambalaya last nite. I thought what ? Kurt is dead ?
Turns out, the Foo Fighters were driving down 101 in a van from Seattle on their was to LA to cut that album, their first. And they decided to pull over in this little collage town in the Redwoods and play their stuff in front of a live crown for the first time.
It sure would have been cool to be in that bar for hippie ladies that night !

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't think we needed a thread about this, so I put it here.

Tano

Legend
I never got Rush. Its like, if you are a fan of classic rock you are supposed to like them. I just never did.
I know Niel Peart is this supremely talented drummer. But when I see drummers with those huge drum kits I am like ugh, they might be temped to use all those things. Ends up sounding like gibberish to me. Peter Criss is the same way.
Then you have that stupid keyboard Rush uses, nah.
Drums, simple is better. Dave Grohl's drum kit when he was with Nirvana is my wheelhouse. (Foo Fighters are elevator music)

Tutu, I want to see some deep shots from him these playoffs. Once he gets past you no one ever seems to be able to keep up. And he does have guts. Better than Tavon IMO.
Chuck - Music of the Universe

dang

Legend
I love 3 piece bands. Here is my version.
Now, just watch the drummer (Grohl) starting about the 20 sec mark. He holds the sticks like they are clubs and beats the drums like they owe him money. Hair flying all over the place, its great.
And tell me fellas if that does not look exactly like the drummer Animal from the Muppet Show !
Dave Grohl is a freaking Muppet here.
Muppet's rule !
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szk9StGhDGg&list=PL8vlRieH2oWmWnV42soc80XD5EvxxWPY8&index=2
OK, football, get Tutu the ball.

I love listening and collecting all kinds of music. Classic Rock, Metal, Hard Rock, Reggae, Punk, Alternative, Blues, R&B/Soul, Real Country, Americana, Electronic, Hip Hop/RAP, etc.
The only kind I hate a lot of Pop (not good music that mates its way into Pop like Nirvana but Pop music put out just to be Popular)
so there’s plenty of room for me to sample different styles/artists/musicians. It depends on my mood. Gronk is one of best Hard Rock drummers of all time. Neil Peart is arguably the most technically gifted rock drummers. Both top 5 in my book.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I never got Rush either. It's the singer. I much preferred the polar opposite of that as the lead of a hard rock band... Brian Johnson ACDC. Harsher and less squeaky.

Bike Bicycling GIF

Haha I had to google it, I never knew the name of the 1 Rush song I actually liked... Spirit of Radio. (learned something wow)

This won't generate much likeable response for all these, but the hard rock/metal bands I liked in the late 70s-80s were head bangers like Van Halen, Kiss, Judas Priest, AC-DC, and Motley Crue, then later G&R. Since then I mainly play 70's 80's pop outside of the gym.

Last edited:

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Chuck - Music of the Universe

Elevator music !
You want to rock ?
AIC, Live at the Moore, Man in the Box. Out there in their flannel shirts, bass player is stomping sideways while he plays. And listen to the power of Layne's voice after Jerry's solo at 3:40 mark. Its amazing. And that distorted guitar sound at the begging, Layne is helping out with his voice. Drummer looks native. Great video. Notice I put up live stuff ?
This is from 1990 where Layne is young and full of vitality. Before the heroin got to him.
And another 3 piece band ! Simple is GOOD !
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atv0ShzVkMY

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love listening and collecting all kinds of music. Classic Rock, Metal, Hard Rock, Reggae, Punk, Alternative, Blues, R&B/Soul, Real Country, Americana, Electronic, Hip Hop/RAP, etc.
The only kind I hate a lot of Pop (not good music that mates its way into Pop like Nirvana but Pop music put out just to be Popular)
so there’s plenty of room for me to sample different styles/artists/musicians. It depends on my mood. Gronk is one of best Hard Rock drummers of all time. Neil Peart is arguably the most technically gifted rock drummers. Both top 5 in my book.
"I love me some Tiffany, now, so don't get it twisted." ~ @dang

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Q3mHyzn78

dang

Legend
Elevator music !
You want to rock ?
AIC, Live at the Moore, Man in the Box. Out there in their flannel shirts, bass player is stomping sideways while he plays. And listen to the power of Layne's voice after Jerry's solo at 3:40 mark. Its amazing. And that distorted guitar sound at the begging, Layne is helping out with his voice. Drummer looks native. Great video. Notice I put up live stuff ?
This is from 1990 where Layne is young and full of vitality. Before the heroin got to him.

AIC was the best band to come out of the Grunge Period. If I could go back in time and watch one Grunge band at their height live in a small venue it would be AIC. Jerry Cantrell is still kicking it hard with the current AIC lineup but there was no replacing Layne Staley. He was in serious pain and his powerful voice showcased it.

Tano

Legend
Elevator music !
You want to rock ?

I was kidding around with the Chuck video but as to AIC - just not for me

The instrumentals are cool but the vocals - nope

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was kidding around with the Chuck video but as to AIC - just not for me

The instrumentals are cool but the vocals - nope
But you know, I love me some Robin Sparkles magic! ~ Tanp