Tutu's Theme Song: "Don't You, Forget About Me"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Tutu needs to be filtered in for that deep threat. Robinson has been good in that role though. Tutu gives the Rams a solid 4th option.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Robinson has earned the WR3 spot. He offers more than Tutu at this point. The way Stafford looks his way so often he definitely trusts him. Can we say the same about Tutu?

InfiniteRam

Rookie
Robinson has earned the WR3 spot. He offers more than Tutu at this point. The way Stafford looks his way so often he definitely trusts him. Can we say the same about Tutu?
Won't ever know. What has Tutu done to not be trusted? He has reliable hands, is a willing blocker, and has shown an ability to get deep. I think it's more of a McVay thing than a Stafford thing. I think Tutu adds a different element, but we are clicking now. Although the Giants seemed to figure out how to marginalize Nacha and Kupp to some degree. Others will follow.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Won't ever know. What has Tutu done to not be trusted? He has reliable hands, is a willing blocker, and has shown an ability to get deep. I think it's more of a McVay thing than a Stafford thing. I think Tutu adds a different element, but we are clicking now. Although the Giants seemed to figure out how to marginalize Nacha and Kupp to some degree. Others will follow.
I think you have it backwards. In this game it's about proving yourself to win that role and the snaps and all that follows if you play well. So it isn't about what Tutu has done to not be trusted. It's that he hasn't done enough to be trusted more than the other options.

It was the same shit with Jefferson. None of us wanted to bag on the dude but he simply didn't do enough to own that role the Rams drafted him for and envisioned him filling. And Jefferson had all the talent you want to do that as well. The guy has the talent of at least a secondary option for a top offense, he has the wheels and the hands.

This isn't a McVay thing. It's a Tutu thing. And if he wants a role he's going to need to show up in a game and be a problem for teams and win more time just like Robinson has done.

InfiniteRam

Rookie
I think you have it backwards. In this game it's about proving yourself to win that role and the snaps and all that follows if you play well. So it isn't about what Tutu has done to not be trusted. It's that he hasn't done enough to be trusted more than the other options.

It was the same shit with Jefferson. None of us wanted to bag on the dude but he simply didn't do enough to own that role the Rams drafted him for and envisioned him filling. And Jefferson had all the talent you want to do that as well. The guy has the talent of at least a secondary option for a top offense, he has the wheels and the hands.

This isn't a McVay thing. It's a Tutu thing. And if he wants a role he's going to need to show up in a game and be a problem for teams and win more time just like Robinson has done.
But he has done that. He got hurt. Robinson came in, did well. And McVay forgot about him. The offense is coming out of a cycle. The Giants created a blueprint for success. They are going to have to find a way to take the top off the defense, against the blitz. Tutu has shown the ability to do that

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
But he has done that. He got hurt. Robinson came in, did well. And McVay forgot about him. The offense is coming out of a cycle. The Giants created a blueprint for success. They are going to have to find a way to take the top off the defense, against the blitz. Tutu has shown the ability to do that
It started before Tutu got hurt. Since the Cardinals(2nd) game is when Robinson jumped him in playing time.

Screenshot_20240102_114426_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
It started before Tutu got hurt. Since the Cardinals(2nd) game is when Robinson jumped him in playing time.

View attachment 63490

With Robinson, all 3 WR's can run the same routes and/or block. Tutu can block too, but will almost always be a downfield throw due to his size/speed. Not that that's bad, but Robinson just gives McV one more variable in being unpredictable. Robinson has made some great catches too. If you're McV, who do you put in at X?? ....but maybe in the 69er game, Tutu & Ben can spell our WR's a bit so they can be fresher for that playoff game that no one expected us to be in.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
I thought Mcvay had something up his sleeve for the 2018 superbowl to counter the 6 man front.

He didn't.

Nope, that loss was on his shoulders. Come out at halftime in the 2 minute, 2 TEs................................. something.
He did that "stick to your game plan" thing. I thought for sure he would have done something sooner.
That finally started to move the ball a little at the end when they went to the hurry up.
It was a failure.
We can only hope he learned from it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I gotta disagree man. Tutu will do something then disappear. Again just the fact he's out there with those giants is impressive. But in terms of him being some amazing weapon that McVay has ignored I cannot agree with that. I think that is too favorable by far to him.

It's no different than Tomlinson on the other side of the field. I liked the pick. I want to see him play. But I have to be honest with myself that he's not playing for a reason. I don't think the Rams staff is ignoring some amazing weapon. I think that if they can get him going and locked in that he can help us. But that's different, and it's an important distinction. To me at least.

InfiniteRam

Rookie
With Robinson, all 3 WR's can run the same routes and/or block. Tutu can block too, but will almost always be a downfield throw due to his size/speed. Not that that's bad, but Robinson just gives McV one more variable in being unpredictable. Robinson has made some great catches too. If you're McV, who do you put in at X?? ....but maybe in the 69er game, Tutu & Ben can spell our WR's a bit so they can be fresher for that playoff game that no one expected us to be in.
T
I gotta disagree man. Tutu will do something then disappear. Again just the fact he's out there with those giants is impressive. But in terms of him being some amazing weapon that McVay has ignored I cannot agree with that. I think that is too favorable by far to him.

It's no different than Tomlinson on the other side of the field. I liked the pick. I want to see him play. But I have to be honest with myself that he's not playing for a reason. I don't think the Rams staff is ignoring some amazing weapon. I think that if they can get him going and locked in that he can help us. But that's different, and it's an important distinction. To me at least.
Fair take. I just think there has got to be some way to take advantage of his speed to help diversify the offense as things get tougher in the playoffs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair take. I just think there has got to be some way to take advantage of his speed to help diversify the offense as things get tougher in the playoffs.
I imagine he's going to get a ton of snaps vs SF. So this should be a really big game for him to show what he can do. I'd love nothing more than to see him kick ass and put himself back into the rotation.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
I don't like to rag on Tutu, but when you are a 2nd round pick, so much more is expected. If he hasn't cracked the lineup by now, and achieved meaningful playing time (at least 25% of snaps) he is not going to.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't like to rag on Tutu, but when you are a 2nd round pick, so much more is expected. If he hasn't cracked the lineup by now, and achieved meaningful playing time (at least 25% of snaps) he is not going to.

Well he beat out another couple 2nd rd picks of The Rams & has another season with them.

I guess you haven’t been watching what an elite level
Demarcus Robinson is playing at & his connection with Matthew Stafford ?

Say as you will,but I’d say Tutu Atwell still has a nice career a head of himself. What ? At least $10 million in salary ,if not $30 ?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Tutu needs to be filtered in for that deep threat. Robinson has been good in that role though. Tutu gives the Rams a solid 4th option.
It has continued to baffle me why McVay doesn't take at least 1 deep shot to Tutu every single game. The odds that something good happens (catch or penalty) is better then 50% and it would be a huge play either way.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Assuming Kupp is held out I suppose Robinson moves into his role with Tutu sliding back in. Could be quite interesting.

Also I wonder if any of these depth chart types have gotten all snugly with Wentz from scout team snaps.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Drafting TuTu was a classic case of putting the cart before the horse. No need for a deep threat receiver when you cant pass protect long enough for anyone to get deep.
A lineman would have done much more for this team. IMHO

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I really don’t understand why he didn’t get more snaps when the Giants were stopping both run and short passes. He is the deep threat that opens up those underneath options.

Kupp and Puka were completely taken out of the game, if it weren’t for a broken tackle 80 yard YAC.

That would be too easy. McVay likes to complicate things.