Tutu Atwell {updated} only ball carrier in NFL to hit 21 mph twice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think the critics of the pick will always be more right than wrong, at this point.
I think Tutu can be useful.. but he’ll always be limited.
I could be wrong, but I think part of the perceived value to Rams was as a returner… and I don’t see him making an impact there.

Now, if he’s a part of the rotation and can do enough to open the field up a little on 3rd downs… and can occasionally burn a defense deep? That will be defensible as a pick.. but 2nd was too high, imo.

I hope to see him making plays this year.

dang

Legend
DJax was 5.10 175. 4.35 40. Accomplished career on mid-level FBS team.
TuTu is 5.9 165. 4.32 40. Accomplished career on mid-level FBS team.
So there is that. But this year is critical for Tutu to show.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
LOL, I doubt that.
I don't.
It's just fancy jewelry to him and a reminder that he was too much of a dick to stick around and actually play in the Super Bowl. He's earned more than $90 million playing football.. so the value of the ring is pretty meaningless.

"Check out my Super Bowl ring!!"
"You mean the one from the game you didn't play in because you asked to be traded midway through the season? That one?"

tempests

Hall of Fame
"You mean the one from the game you didn't play in because you asked to be traded midway through the season? That one?"
No one's going to say that to him. He's going to walk around LA flashing around that moon rock and boasting to everyone about it. His friends and family gather around and express their admiration about it. That's the world he lives in.

After 14 years with no ring, he's not going to regret finally getting one.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
No one's going to say that to him. He's going to walk around LA flashing around that moon rock and boasting to everyone about it. His friends and family gather around and express their admiration about it. That's the world he lives in.

After 14 years with no ring, he's not going to regret finally getting one.

Lol..
Nope.
He doesn't even have a post about receiving it on his Social Media. Neither does his mom.
And, if you've followed the two on Social Media, you'd know that that says all you need to know about the situation.

He didn't earn the ring and he knows it.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Not a big believer in Atwell. He showed such bad feet on returns last season. Not sure he even makes the team this year. Can he even block?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
TuTu Atwell's on-field success will come down to when the corner stands in front of Atwell & gets his hands on that thin light frame at the snap of the ball.....that is going to be hard to escape.

McVay will have the great need to place Atwell in a position where the above does not happen often.

It is never the circumstance a teammate wants to lead to more snaps, when a fellow teammate gets injured.

But that circumstance is exactly what wide receivers Ben Skowronek and Tutu Atwell are facing. In wake of fellow receiver Van Jefferson undergoing minor knee surgery this past Tuesday, both will be getting an extended look and have big opportunities ahead.

"First and foremost, I just feel for Van," Skowronek told theRams.com after Friday's training camp practice. "He's gonna be back. I'm not really not sure what the timetable is, (that's) something that (head coach) Sean (McVay) and (Vice President, Sports Medicine and Performance) Reggie (Scott) know better than me. But for me, it's just an opportunity. For it to happen in camp and being able to get a lot of reps of the ones, being able to work with (quarterback) Matthew (Stafford) closely and just take every day as an opportunity to get better is big for me."

Draft picks in 2021, Skowronek and Atwell both will be eager to maximize their reps as the Rams determine Jefferson's timetable, which McVay hasn't specified yet because he'll have a better feel for it once Jefferson starts getting into rehab.

Skworonek played in 14 games as a rookie, primarily contributing on special teams but also seeing action on offense that included 11 catches for 133 yards. He also added two catches for 12 yards in the playoffs.

Atwell, meanwhile, played almost exclusively on special teams, with 10 punt returns for 54 yards and five kickoff returns for 87 yards in eight games prior to suffering a season-ending shoulder injury. He did not record any offensive stats.

So far in training camp, they're taking advantage of those extra reps they're getting. Atwell haled in a pair of 50-yard touchdowns on Thursday, and Skowronek has turned in multiple competitive catches, including one in traffic via backup quarterback John Wolford on Saturday.

"I can do it all, man, I just have to gain that trust," Atwell said. "I'm working on gaining that trust and showing the coaches that I could do a little bit of everything, so I can have that to show them."

As Skowronek approaches the remainder of camp and the preseason, he's focused on daily improvement while picking the brains of Kupp, Allen Robinson II and Jefferson. Atwell will likely do the same as they wait for Jefferson to return.

"We all one family, man, so it feels sad that Van went down," Atwell said. "I look up to him, watch him, (Cooper) Kupp, and all the guys in front of me. I'm just going to do what I have to do until it's time for him to come back, play my role and just help the team."

Last edited:

Flint

Pro Bowler
I still cringe thinking about Djax wanting off the Rams last year due to lack of touches. Ouch. Bad call.
That shit would keep you up at night, no need for Odell if Djax is here. Coulda been him showin out in the playoffs.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I don’t think blocking’s going to happen.
As long as he’s willing he can contribute, I don’t expect him to block lb’s and shit like Kupp but if he can get in the way of corners for a few seconds I think that’s a win.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Hopefully Skow and Tutu get some run so they can sort this out. Should be interesting, Tutu say’s I’m big enough, Skow says I’m fast enough. I think Skow has a better chance of replacing Van but who knows?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just to add imo like Bobby Brown this season or even a Chris Garrett,Jacob Harris,T. Lewis ect… are not always bad things.

As examples things and players evolve. Last year there was so many examples that you could just go dot to dot & color in The beautiful SuperBowl picture.

DJ1,Young,E. Jones,OBJ, & Von to many other dots & the picture becomes more clear when filling in & coloring.If you can’t find A it makes it hard to find B & C.,or 1 & 2 to 3.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hopefully Skow and Tutu get some run so they can sort this out. Should be interesting, Tutu say’s I’m big enough, Skow says I’m fast enough. I think Skow has a better chance of replacing Van but who knows?
Ben Sko was already a big part of the offense last season.

Don’t forget Woods,OBJ, & DJ1 to players who are not Rams.

Right now Skow & Atwell get a lot of first down reps.

Add on Wednesday Kupp hurt himself ? I know his knee or leg came down wrong.Thursday & Friday he got the days off,but I think did interviews & signings?
Robinson on Thursday was hobbling around after a tough catch.

We all know Higbee is an injury ready to happen. I could go on,but depth is King. The question is what do Rams Fans think about JJ Koski?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not a big believer in Atwell. He showed such bad feet on returns last season. Not sure he even makes the team this year. Can he even block?
Love The great positive post.Can Brian Allen even play guard?
We can all believe what we want to believe.I wonder if The Rams can even win a game in 2022 because of such a hard schedule.If they can actually beat the Niners in the regular season & if it will ever get to 17 straight. How many games to go? I think they are 1/3 of the way.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As long as he’s willing he can contribute, I don’t expect him to block lb’s and shit like Kupp but if he can get in the way of corners for a few seconds I think that’s a win.
I wonder where the safety goes when he starts out in his route trees.

Watching a game up high or in a booth really is a game itself.Move the chess pieces as you would like.It’s a game within a game.

As long as Powell & Tutu keep Kupp away from PR/KR it’s good.