Tutu Atwell {updated} only ball carrier in NFL to hit 21 mph twice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That was him post-keel hauling for some BS offense.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
IF...........Snead/McVay :eyeroll::lying:is correct & TuTu does turn out to be the WR that they paid highly for, then this overall receiver cadre consisting of {WR/SL/TE/RB} will be loaded diverse & ladened with outstanding talent.......there is absolutely no necessity for spending & going even further deep in debt & sign OBJ.
Well, I get the money/cap concern for next yr because OBJ could cost you a Gaines, Edwards, or Scott next yr, or all 3. So that sucks.

But, to be concerned that you would lose a Powell or Skowronek or that you have enough at WR with those guys for depth, is foolish. Powell's & Skowronek's are a dime a dozen. They can be nice deep depth, play ST's etc... but this staff will always find functional depth at that position.

OBJ makes this offense special and if either Kupp or Robinson go down you still have 2 elite WRs available.

So for a team capable of winning it all you have to go for it now.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Well, I get the money/cap concern for next yr because OBJ could cost you a Gaines, Edwards, or Scott next yr, or all 3. So that sucks.

But, to be concerned that you would lose a Powell or Skowronek or that you have enough at WR with those guys for depth, is foolish. Powell's & Skowronek's are a dime a dozen. They can be nice deep depth, play ST's etc... but this staff will always find functional depth at that position.

OBJ makes this offense special and if either Kupp or Robinson go down you still have 2 elite WRs available.

So for a team capable of winning it all you have to go for it now.

I hope we keep Powell. A decent returner and sure handed punt fielder makes a huge difference. Powell also performed well in the post season. McVay's first season we had pro bowler Pharoah Cooper who fumbled twice in the first playoff game against Atlanta. That likely costed us that game.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I hope we keep Powell. A decent returner and sure handed punt fielder makes a huge difference. Powell also performed well in the post season. McVay's first season we had pro bowler Pharoah Cooper who fumbled twice in the first playoff game against Atlanta. That likely costed us that game.
Yea I think Powell is a lock to make the roster. His returner skill set is the the best on the team and we’ve still haven’t seen what he can provide at WR. We can’t afford to put Kupp back on ST and risk injury after what he showed last year with Stafford. I think we would cut Skow or Harris before BP.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Step it up, Tutu. Your makin' me look bad in front of my friends ~ @Merlin

Tano

Legend
Looks like he hit the weight room hard.

His legs don't look like sticks this year like they did last year.

That was my biggest gripe about his last year.

And he does look bigger up top too.

Maybe he is up to 170 now which is much better than his 150 last year

I saw too many pinky tackles last year on him

Rams43

Hall of Fame
No idea tbh. I figure 6 every year but they may have to go light elsewhere on the roster.

Corner cuts might get ugly too tbh, if both the rooks have strong camps. And safety is a wide open job with a lot of pieces vying for roles.

This may be their deepest squad I can recall, in terms of the bottom roster quality. Gonna be interesting to see what they do. Like for example our QB3 might have to win the backup job or face a cut.

Oh and then there is maybe Odell added to that mix. :thinking:
Champagne problems, Merlin.

Beats the hell out of the Linehan, Spaguolo, and even Fisher years, huh?

ausmurp

Starter
I hope he adds more muscle. He needs it to pad those bones and protect him from injury. 160 lbs is not going to cut it in the NFL. I'd say Tyreek is the perfect example of the smallest possible size that can be successful in the league.

jjab360

Legend
I hope he adds more muscle. He needs it to pad those bones and protect him from injury. 160 lbs is not going to cut it in the NFL. I'd say Tyreek is the perfect example of the smallest possible size that can be successful in the league.
Nah Tyreek is only 185 but he's pretty much built like a RB with a very thick frame for his size.

A more realistic goal would be DJax who played between 170-175 and had a very thin frame similar to Tutu but made it work for a long time even with the nagging injuries.

Ram65

Legend
Very happy to read that TuTu is progressing:

1. Working with Kupp over DJax. Enough said.
2. Working on weight and strength.
3. Knowing the playbook inside and out.

Before the thread started I was thinking that he could get reps as the 4th WR. Benny Skow has some good play but, TuTu adds that speed element BSkow doesn't have. Of course, we wouldn't expect him to block as well. Should he prove he knows the route he could get chances as the 3rd WB in some cases.

I'm looking forward to seeing TuTu mature and not being the 2022 Whipping Boy around here.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well it seems like Tutu is going to get a lot of focus now, at least while this issue with Van runs its course. Depth chart looks a lot different with Van out and if Tutu can't win that job as WR3 in year two...

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Nah Tyreek is only 185 but he's pretty much built like a RB with a very thick frame for his size.

A more realistic goal would be DJax who played between 170-175 and had a very thin frame similar to Tutu but made it work for a long time even with the nagging injuries.
Hill puts on muscle mass each year. Miami has him at 191 now.

1659309397334.png

ausmurp

Starter

So then you're agreeing with me that he needs to add at least 10 lbs of muscle (DJax at 170-175)? 160 != 170... 10 more lbs of muscle will make Atwell more durable.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Very happy to read that TuTu is progressing:

1. Working with Kupp over DJax. Enough said.
2. Working on weight and strength.
3. Knowing the playbook inside and out.

Before the thread started I was thinking that he could get reps as the 4th WR. Benny Skow has some good play but, TuTu adds that speed element BSkow doesn't have. Of course, we wouldn't expect him to block as well. Should he prove he knows the route he could get chances as the 3rd WB in some cases.

I'm looking forward to seeing TuTu mature and not being the 2022 Whipping Boy around here.
Yeah, I am guessing Djax wasn't too concerned with helping Tutu last yr.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Part of what confuses me about the Tutu pick is trying to understand what McVay was hoping for. Here's this guy who is just under 5'9" and a touch under 160 lbs... how was McVay envisioning that Tutu could strike fear into defenses? Tutu doesn't seem to have that insane cat-like shiftiness of Tavon... but Titu has great speed and solid hands. Can Tutu battle for the 50-50 balls on the deep routes?

By all accounts Tutu is turning into the guy that they were hoping he'd be. He's bulking up and using the weight room to try to get an NFL body. He's dedicated to the playbook. He's maturing and showing commitment and accountability.

Again, it's just hard for me to envision how a player of Tutu's size and weight can fit into the McVay offense-- especially knowing how important blocking ability is for the WR's in the run game. Here's hoping Tutu gets a ton of work in the preseason.