Troy Reeder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
In his presser Reeder says "I think I am playing pretty good ball" Lmao.
I really need to post the play where Reeder fell down face first on the fake by the running back. Yeah you are playing good Reeder.

Tano

Legend
Reeder was ass last night and that’s coming from someone who like him …but I don’t really know what y’all expect from an undrafted free agent rookie … it’s kinda what happens when you don’t value the MLB spot give away all the draft picks and take teeny gadget Brittle WR with your second round picks
Thing is - he is no longer a rookie. Littleton was an undrafted rookie too at one time and he was way better than Reeder although I felt he was playing out of position.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You literally have to run in to Reeder for him to make a play. Dude looks like he's running uphill on beach sand

fastcat

Pro Bowler
JL55 didn't miss so many tackles.
He didn't but he was weak at the point of attack also... He got drug around the football field for yac also and found himself on the bottom of alot of piles. Part of being a decent linebacker is being the attacker and not the attackee. You can't count on guyss like Reeder to stand a running back up and push him back by himself consistently. He's gonna give up a yard or 2. And JL55 was in the same mold as far as that. But at least JL55 could cover until he got older

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I love how Morris was given those guys as starters and expected to “scheme them” better.

He is expected to. That is what his job literally is. Including watching film and making adjustments.

Man, it is just shocking that the second statement even has to be made. Yes, that literally IS the job of a coordinator, to scheme his guys better.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
His name was Kenny Young.

Yeah - found that observation myself.I like Troy Reeder & didn’t read any of the other post. Just know that is an example of what has been a big difference.
Kenny Young was athletic & thought Morris was crazy starting him & his single LBer sets.Then I thought The Rams had a better mix & changing players around by playing Reeder & Jones in certain spots.The depth has changed now.
SJD69 is missed,but Kenny Young might be missed more.E.Jones is not helping things out & Troy Reeder just doesn’t have the range from side line to side line.I like him on certain downs he excels in.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Man, it is just shocking that the second statement even has to be made. Yes, that literally IS the job of a coordinator, to scheme his guys better.
And there are limitations to how much the players he’s been given can perform.
That’s what you’re missing.
Staley had more players with greater range, especially at defensive back.

You can’t scheme everything. You need actual players who can execute.

We ALL know Rapp needs to play closer to the line… who do you have that’s going to play when it’s an obvious passing down?

They don’t have Johnson and Hill and the replacements are massive downgrades… Burgess & Long.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Because he had options and could take him out.
And.. he didn’t do okay with him against GB in the playoffs.

Well let's be clear Reeder shouldn't be covering Adams and by my count he was singled up on him 3 times. Yes 3 TIMES! Thats inexcusable and that is scheme and the Packers being more prepared than the Rams are.
Also the Rams have had enough time to figure out ways of not putting him on probably one the best WRs in the NFL. It's ridiculous that mcVay isn't pissed that his defensive coaching staff can't see this or choose to fix it. Because obviously what they're doing isn't working. Its even more infuriating that we just had our bye week and the Rams still haven't changed their formula on offense or defense. I think mcVay will start feeling pressure from ownership if this isn't turned around quickly

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Well let's be clear Reeder shouldn't be covering Adams and by my count he was singled up on him 3 times. Yes 3 TIMES! Thats inexcusable and that is scheme and the Packers being more prepared than the Rams are.
Also the Rams have had enough time to figure out ways of not putting him on probably one the best WRs in the NFL. It's ridiculous that mcVay isn't pissed that his defensive coaching staff can't see this or choose to fix it. Because obviously what they're doing isn't working. Its even more infuriating that we just had our bye week and the Rams still haven't changed their formula on offense or defense. I think mcVay will start feeling pressure from ownership if this isn't turned around quickly
Do you remember how easily Green Bay schemed Adams open on the goal line last year?

I do.

dang

Legend
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again “there’s no Shame in being a good ST player or depth”. Reeder is playing the best he can. It’s just not worthy of being a starter or key rotational ILB. He’s a full step behind other starters in reaction snd speed. I will say there are others that are falling into that category. Higbee, Rapp, and regretfully Hekker come to mind.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Do you remember how easily Green Bay schemed Adams open on the goal line last year?

I do.
Adams is gonna get his there's no avoiding that. He's one the best in the league. But putting Reeder on him. Inexcusable. At least put Jones on him.

Not to mention playing soft coverage on third and 4 on the edge for an easy first down. Not to mention letting Adams run a vertical route while Ramsey is playing underneath zone coverage covering no body. It's asinine and you know it.

Morris is a "motivator" (aka non measurable skill) not an Xs and 0s guy. It shows.

I can't even count the amount of times that Ramsey was covering an area and not a player. When they were 3 wide to one side in the red zone...with Adams being one of the 3 WR's...we had Ramsey on the other side covering whatever no name WR they threw out there in zone. It's either Morris just wants to Galaxy brain everything or Ramsey is the guy insisting he be freed up to roam and "Make Plays"....because I hear a lot about Ramsey being 'bored' with just locking on to one WR for the game. I think they really filled his head with crap about being the Lawrence Taylor of the secondary where he can just do what he wants because he is so good.

All I know is he rarely makes a splash play when roaming and would be much more effective playing like he has the other teams #1 taken away. A lot of people just think he is so amazing...but I have to say the way they utilize him...it's very underwhelming to say the least.