Tre Mason found at mothers house doing drills, refuses to report to camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
View attachment 15376

And I hate to make jokes if he's suffering from a mental illness, but just imagine him running the cone drill or the 40 yard dash in that narrow strip of grass in his front yard.
Yeah. I'm bad. I want him to get help but I pictured him doing the Oaklahoma drill on his front lawn with Wally Cleaver. :snicker:

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
Dude obviously isn't in the right state of mind, and he's never done anything wrong to the team or fans, so why are so many of you guys so ready to attack his character or banish him from the team completely without any knowledge of what's going on? Give the dude a break. We don't know what he's going through.

Whatever it is, I hope he gets everything in order. Some things are a lot bigger than football.

Amen to this. I don't understand all the hate for a troubled young man.

How about let's hope he gets his shit together and comes back and helps the team. Gurley, him and Cunningham would be a f'in stout RB group.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Amen to this. I don't understand all the hate for a troubled young man.

How about let's hope he gets his crap together and comes back and helps the team. Gurley, him and Cunningham would be a f'in stout RB group.

Nobody is hating on the guy - we are just speculating on what is causing his mental breakdown
Right now it's either schizophrenia or drug use

- but since you brought it up, what do fans owe players who are refuse to show up for camp. dude is rolling around in a Maserati and smoking drugs and getting fucking tazed, i mean seriously -- what exactly are we beholden to him, i mean seriously
Dudes on this board are ready to cut Brian Quick and the dude is simply showing up and trying to ball, but you got a freak like Mason going off the rails and everyone is playing fucking Quincy - enough already

Klugman-getty.jpg

WestCoastRam

Legend
So, I happen to be a mental health professional (and not just on the internet!). And I can't really diagnose anyone I haven't seen... but since I've been doing it so much this election cycle, I'll give it a try here. ;)

Bizarre delusions, disordered thinking, irrational anger, change in personality can all be hallmarks of Delusional Disorders, of which, Schizophrenia is just one. Additionally, many of these symptoms can be drug induced (though I would argue cocaine is probably not the drug in this instance).

What is particularly scary for young men is that the incidence of having a psychotic episode (break) after using hallucinogenic does increase ever so slightly in the general population but increases a bit more if one has the genetic predisposition for a delusional disorder.

My best guess: he has had the first psychotic episode in what will probably end up being schizophrenia or some form of schizoaffective disorder. The pot probably egged it on. And the tragedy is that there was probably a low but significant probability that if he wasn't using pot and/or other substances he may never had that first episode. (Once you have one, the chances of more or continuous psychosis go up).

WestCoastRam

Legend
Of note, the research behind hallucinogenics increasing the likelihood of young males having a small but significant increase in the chance of having the 1st psychotic episode of a longer term delusional disorder is trying to be duplicated to ensure that the results are accurate... but it is the consensus right now.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Except Marijuana is not a hallucinogen...

Yes, good point and technically I do not think it is classified as one, it does act like one, especially taken at larger doses. Pot is... a crazy drug in that it has a ton of interesting qualities, classification busting qualities.

I will add that my expertise does not lie in pharmacology.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Except Marijuana is not a hallucinogen...

Once had a "key party" with two friends and our girlfriends. This was during the late sixties. Marijuana was smoked, drank in tea, and eaten with our meals, with brownies for desert. I can assure you sir that we were all hallucinating. Missed three days of work. Btw never drink the bong water. ;)

fancents86

Starter
Once had a "key party" with two friends and our girlfriends. This was during the late sixties. Marijuana was smoked, drank in tea, and eaten with our meals, with brownies for desert. I can assure you sir that we were all hallucinating. Missed three days of work. Btw never drink the bong water. ;)
Kids still do that today. I've never heard anyone say marijuana made them see things that weren't there, unless it was laced with something. I've personally smoked and eaten those new thc candies and I can say no matter how much I've smoked or injected it made me hallucinate. Hallucinogens include shrooms, LSD, DMT, etc. marijuana

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
Nobody is hating on the guy - we are just speculating on what is causing his mental breakdown
Right now it's either schizophrenia or drug use

- but since you brought it up, what do fans owe players who are refuse to show up for camp. dude is rolling around in a Maserati and smoking drugs and getting freaking tazed, i mean seriously -- what exactly are we beholden to him, i mean seriously
Dudes on this board are ready to cut Brian Quick and the dude is simply showing up and trying to ball, but you got a freak like Mason going off the rails and everyone is playing freaking Quincy - enough already

View attachment 15378
Seemed like a lot of hate to me, maybe I'm just sensitive about that demographic.

Underneath the uniform and pads is, believe it or not, a human being. I'm rooting for the guy to not be dead first, and it'd be nice if he straightened out and helped our team.

"Smoking drugs" is a pretty broad statement, btw. He shouldn't be smoking marijuana it since it currently (for at least the next few years) is illegal, but it's not like he was "rolling around in a Maserati" with a crack pipe.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kids still do that today. I've never heard anyone say marijuana made them see things that weren't there, unless it was laced with something. I've personally smoked and eaten those new thc candies and I can say no matter how much I've smoked or injected it made me hallucinate. Hallucinogens include shrooms, LSD, DMT, etc. marijuana

The strongest hallucination I ever had back when I did such things many years ago was one time on marijuana.

http://hallucinogens.com/what-are-hallucinogens/is-marijuana-a-hallucinogen/

Basically, the effects are dependent on the balance of THC and CBDs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Doing drills"
So is that what they call it these days?
I cant keep up with the lingo, when I was kid we called it "getting stoned to the bejesus"

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dude obviously isn't in the right state of mind, and he's never done anything wrong to the team or fans, so why are so many of you guys so ready to attack his character or banish him from the team completely without any knowledge of what's going on? Give the dude a break. We don't know what he's going through.

Whatever it is, I hope he gets everything in order. Some things are a lot bigger than football.

It cracks me up how nowadays there's always an excuse for idiotic behavior. He "isn't in the right state of mind" is a good one. Or he's a schizophrenic, or bipolar disorder, or any other of a long list of BS labels we put on things to avoid personal accountability.

I don't know what his deal is, but I'm not going to make excuses for the guy. He was paid in good faith by the team. So tired of pro athletes acting like they got screwed when these guys get a free education, rockstar treatment through college and pros and all that goes with it, big money up front for their skills, etc. But oh, wait, the Rams drafted another RB who is better than you??? Cry me an effin river.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
"Hey Joe, is that Tre Mason across the street doing drills on his front lawn?"
"Sure is Bobby. 'Hey Tre! Come on over, and run some drills with us!"

Joe_Namath_Mike_Lookinland_Brady_Bunch_1973.jpg

"Yeah Tre. You and Bobby vs. Me and Peter. Joe can be all-time quarterback. Those are some pretty blond dreads, by the way. I'll try not to head slap them in the heat of the moment. Honest"

Christopher_Knight_and_Deacon_Jones_in_Brady_Bunch_promo_photo.jpg

"Hey Tre! I'm so glad you could come over and run drills with my brothers. I made some lemonade for you guys!...Oh my nose!!!"
marcia-brady.jpg

"Now Tre, you saw Marcia there. We invited you over here because we saw you running drills by yourself, and this is the kind of thank you we receive? I think you need to stay home from the Brady camping trip. Deacon and Joe, you're both welcome to go, but Tre...I'm afraid your going to have to stay back with Greg.

brady.jpg

"Tre, hey this is Greg, man. Screw them. And screw reporting to camp. I got some killer weed here in the Den. What do you say you and me do some bong hits, then cruise around town for some Bettys?"

brady_den_14-400x300.jpg

"I'm there man! Screw the Rams anyway. Drafting Gurley...I'm the man!.."
tre.png

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
It cracks me up how nowadays there's always an excuse for idiotic behavior. He "isn't in the right state of mind" is a good one. Or he's a schizophrenic, or bipolar disorder, or any other of a long list of BS labels we put on things to avoid personal accountability.

I don't know what his deal is, but I'm not going to make excuses for the guy. He was paid in good faith by the team. So tired of pro athletes acting like they got screwed when these guys get a free education, rockstar treatment through college and pros and all that goes with it, big money up front for their skills, etc. But oh, wait, the Rams drafted another RB who is better than you??? Cry me an effin river.

It's people like you who fail to acknowledge this country's mental health crisis, and who are responsible for the stigma associated with seeking mental help, that remind me that it'll be at least another 15 years before anything serious is done about it.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler

If this was one or two instances of stupidity no one would think mental illness. I certainly wasn't when he missed the team flight last year. But he's had a lot of episodes and seems to be in a constant state of delusion at this point. That screams mental illness. Combine that with his age and symptoms and it's likely he has schizophrenia or something similar. If he does have that it's a legitimate excuse, not a cop out. Telling him to get over it would be like telling an alzheimer's patient to just remember, it doesn't work that way.